Black Arch Holsters Reintroduction-GIVEAWAY and DC Discount - Page 2

Black Arch Holsters Reintroduction-GIVEAWAY and DC Discount

This is a discussion on Black Arch Holsters Reintroduction-GIVEAWAY and DC Discount within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Black Arch Holsters Hey DC Users! I just wanted to briefly reintroduce Black Arch Holsters to the DC community. We started out ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Black Arch Holsters Reintroduction-GIVEAWAY and DC Discount

Quote Originally Posted by Black Arch Holsters View Post
    Hey DC Users! I just wanted to briefly reintroduce Black Arch Holsters to the DC community. We started out as SHTF Gear in 2010 but changed our name to Black Arch in 2016. We've been a sponsor of DC for most of that time and DC has been a great community for us to learn and receive feedback. We have come a long way since our first leather backed hybrid holster, the ACE-1, and now offer what we believe to the most advanced breathable hybrid on the market with our patented 3/4 hybrid shell. We've also recently expanded into full Kydex holsters with our competitivly price Rev-Con IWB/OWB holster.

First, I'd like to drop a discount code as a thank you to the DC community for the last 8 years of support. You can use coupon code DC-JUNE2019 till the end of this month at www.blackarchholsters.com to save 10% on your order.

And finally, we're giving away one of our Protos-M Dual Clip Hybrid Holsters and a Rev-Con holster as well. To enter, answer one of the following questions in response. A winner will be randomly chosen on 6/10/19.

--Questions --
    • What is the most important thing you have learned on Defensive Carry?
    • What handgun do you carry, and why did you choose it?
    • What method/postition do you carry in, and why did you choose that?

Thanks!
    Clay
    Perhaps one of the most important things is that if one is willing to sit back and listen (well, read), thereís a lot of very knowledgeable members here who are more than willing to share that knowledge. Iíve learned a lot in my time here.

As to what I carry and where I carry it? Lately, usually a HK P30SK carried IWB strong side, or a J-frame carried in the pocket, or strong side IWB.
    Old Man likes this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

My EDC is a commander sized 1911 in a pancake holster. I carry others as the situation demands.

What have a I learned on DC? Not to expect a Christmas card from @OldVet .

I carry my 9mm IWB at 4:00 in a Kydex holster (I have a Protos M but it's too hard to put on, take off, and the screws keep coming loose), or a .380 in a Kydex front pocket holster or a custom leather wallet holster in back pocket.

I have learned and continue to learn a lot from this forum.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

--Questions --

What is the most important thing you have learned on Defensive Carry?
    This is a hard one, as there is a lot of information here that I have put to use or furthered my knowledge. DC is just a great overall place to be.

What handgun do you carry, and why did you choose it?
    My EDC currently is a Taurus G2C. I know some folk hate on Taurus, but every Taurus I have runs flawless. My previous EDC was a Taurus PT140 Mil Pro, even though it was on the recall, I never had an issue and didn't see a reason to return it. Since the PT140 has been discontinued for a while now and no parts available, started looking into a new pistol. Looked at several and had one picked out ready to buy. Then I saw a video on the G2C and it got me curious. Watched and read a lot of reviews on this pistol and saw that it was a pretty solid pistol, then the price went down and on top of that was a rebate, couldn't pass it up. The G2C feels good and shoots great.

What method/position do you carry in, and why did you choose that?
    I always carry OWB, strong side, whether it's concealed or open carry. To me, it's more comfortable with easier access.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    My EDC is a commander sized 1911 in a pancake holster. I carry others as the situation demands.

What have a I learned on DC? Not to expect a Christmas card from @OldVet .
    Now I have to find some Whiteout for your envelope... I hate wasting them.
    scottync and Old Man like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Now I have to find some Whiteout for your envelope... I hate wasting them.
    Hey DC Users! I just wanted to briefly reintroduce Black Arch Holsters to the DC community. We started out as SHTF Gear in 2010 but changed our name to Black Arch in 2016. We've been a sponsor of DC for most of that time and DC has been a great community for us to learn and receive feedback. We have come a long way since our first leather backed hybrid holster, the ACE-1, and now offer what we believe to the most advanced breathable hybrid on the market with our patented 3/4 hybrid shell. We've also recently expanded into full Kydex holsters with our competitivly price Rev-Con IWB/OWB holster.

First, I'd like to drop a discount code as a thank you to the DC community for the last 8 years of support. You can use coupon code DC-JUNE2019 till the end of this month at www.blackarchholsters.com to save 10% on your order.

And finally, we're giving away one of our Protos-M Dual Clip Hybrid Holsters and a Rev-Con holster as well. To enter, answer one of the following questions in response. A winner will be randomly chosen on 6/10/19.

--Questions --

Thanks!
    Clay
    Thanks for doing this. My carry position is pocket carrying a S&W 642. I also have a new Shield on it's way that would need a carry holster. [ Hint Hint...]

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
    Hi, Clay!
    Iíve learned so much here. I suppose one of the most important things is to find a gun you feel comfortable carrying ALL the time, and then doing so. Everything else is secondary to actually having a gun on you.
    Most of the time, I carry a G43. Itís comfortable and concealable for me.
    I carry it IWB, at 4 oíclock, in a holster you should recognize. Itís one of your prototype Protos holsters, which you sent me to test. It still carries the SHTF brand. Itís just right for me.
    Wow, There aren't very many of those ones around! Kinda crazy to see actually.
    Black Arch Holsters
    www.blackarchholsters.com

SHTF Gear is now Black Arch Holsters

It suits me just fine. EZ on and off. Stays put. Comfortable and conceals well.
    Donít know how it could be better.
    Certified Infidel

--Questions --

Thanks!
    Clay
    I carry a Browning 1911-380 Compact (the commander length barrel version with a 3 5/8 inch barrel). I like the 1911 platform, but the micros lacked a grip safety. You don't make a holster for the Compact (3 5/8), only the full size (4 1/4). I have already written to your company to ask.
    I normally carry OWB between 3 & 4 o'clock

Clay:

"What handgun do you carry, and why did you choose it"?

I view a firearm as a tool, not a weapon. For better or worse, I am the weapon. I match the tool to the job, so I carry 1 of 3 primaries:

1. Ruger LCP II chosen for reliability and deep concealment. Pocket carry.
    2. Walther PPS M2 chosen for reliability, 'shootability', and concealment (warmer weather). AIWB 12:30.
    3. HK VP9 chosen for reliability, 'shootability', amazing ergos, and concealment (jacket weather). OWB 4:30.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Trusted Company.
    You can buy from Black Arch with extreme confidence.

Just F.Y.I.

Though I still do kinda miss the good old "S" Hitting The Fan.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

--Questions --

Thanks!
    Clay
    I have several options to choose from when deciding what to carry, but most often I am carrying a 9mm Shield IWB at 3:00. Thank you for the code and for this give away!

Ryan

First, thanks for supporting the forum and posting here. It's nice to know that a manufacturer actually comes to the forum, where members can give feedback. Now, to answer the questions:

What's the most important thing I've learned in the forum? It's that we are all stronger and better as a community when we are able to share our knowledge and experiences. Even if we've been shooting and carrying for a long time, we can all still learn.

What do I carry and why? Right now, the Walther PPQ M2 9mm is my main EDC. I chose it because, after shooting one, I found that it fit my hand like a glove and I was more accurate with it than with anything else, except my Browning HP.

What method/position do I carry in, and why did I choose it? I started carrying long ago in a strong-side IWB holster. Over the years, I moved to an OWB holster for comfort and ease of presentation. I found that the need for concealment with an IWB holster was much less than I first imagined, as most folks don't pay attention to things around them and just blindly go through life. So, with a little bit of forethought and clothing choices, no one is the wiser that I have an extra tool to face the day.

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar

--Questions --

Thanks!
    Clay
    I learned the importance of carrying chambered and good situational awareness.

Springfield XD45 MOD2 Subcompact in Krounds OWB kydex at 0400
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Glock 19 or 43x most days because they flat out work and is the best combination of features for me.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links