Fanny Pack Holsters - Page 2

Fanny Pack Holsters

This is a discussion on Fanny Pack Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We are retired. My wife worked in corporate marketing before she retired and had to dress up for work. My wife does not own a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Fanny Pack Holsters

We are retired. My wife worked in corporate marketing before she retired and had to dress up for work. My wife does not own a belt of any kind now. She has a couple of Coronado Leather purses with built in holsters for the very rare occasion when she dresses up. She wears stretch shorts and tank-tops about nine months a year now. When it is cold, she wears stretch pants and a pull-over top. When she carries, it is usually in a fanny pack with a built in holster and a quick zip tab. If not for fanny packs, she would very rarely carry.
    Instymp and Old Man like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I wore one many years ago. It was made for a gun, quick pull zipper and the holster was there. I carried my Glock 19 in it and it was great. Fanny packs became less in vouge and I went to IWB. I may have to dig around my closest to see if it has escaped any junk purges that have occurred.

Distinguished Member
    I think that there is only once criterion for a Carry choice. It is that you can access the gun quickly enough to defend yourself. So if you carry in a plastic bag, Fanny pack, holster under a shirt, pocket, bra, or any other way it is OK as long as you can not be the bacon on the grill if trouble strikes.
    Instymp and Old Man like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Agree. Most fanny packs are designed to be worn on the fanny, which means the buckle is in front. If it was turned around to the front to contain a gun, the buckle would then be in back, or on side if chosen to be worn over the hip.
    Actually, this one is designed a little better than that, with the buckle at the sed of the bag. I do not carry with eh bag behind be, at least not all the way behind me, and the buckle is either at my side, or in the front.

Fanny Pack Holsters-ypd4jrh.jpg
    Old Man likes this.

Holster, could you tell me the brand and model of your fanny pack?

I still iwb as I did 32 years ago just packing larger guns over the years . No interest in a fanny pack .

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    Holster, could you tell me the brand and model of your fanny pack?
    Here is the link again: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SMALL - DTOM Concealed Carry Fanny Pack

What I think is ridiculous is the comments discounting the fanny pack as an option for concealed carry. No, I don't use it all the time, I carry IWB, but there are times, the fanny pack is a great option, like on the bicycle. I did a 400 mile bicycle trip using it. I also took an IWB holster with me, but didn't use it. I also use it on occasion while out doing photography, or hiking. The are simply another option, when other carry methods won't work as well.
    Old Man and graydude like this.

Holster, thank you for the info. Im on your side

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links