Fanny Pack Holsters - Page 3

Fanny Pack Holsters

This is a discussion on Fanny Pack Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I bike, I wear a leather fanny pack containing the basic necessities....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Fanny Pack Holsters

When I bike, I wear a leather fanny pack containing the basic necessities.
    SWIll likes this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    What I think is ridiculous is the comments discounting the fanny pack as an option for concealed carry. No, I don't use it all the time, I carry IWB, but there are times, the fanny pack is a great option, like on the bicycle. I did a 400 mile bicycle trip using it. I also took an IWB holster with me, but didn't use it. I also use it on occasion while out doing photography, or hiking. The are simply another option, when other carry methods won't work as well.
    I agree. I dont think one can always "carry by the book", especially if they are an active person.
    Holster likes this.

I know people find them convenient.
    I just cannot bring myself to wear one.
    I am 99% dressed in cowboy hat and boots, fanny pack just would not look right.
    WWJWW ( what would John Wayne wear)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Has no one made one yet with a velcro type enclosure? So you can draw without having to unzip a pouch?
    I have one from a company called Bagmaster that I've had for about 15 years. I'm not sure the company still exists or if they still carry that waist pack. The pack is well made and works very well.

I use this one and just put my Ruger LCP in it.

https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Rand-W...s%2C176&sr=8-4

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KS Deputy View Post
    Does anyone else like the fanny pack holster?
    Ask an Australian this question and watch his response.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

The one time a cop, um, interviewed me, I was wearing a belt pack.
    His first question: "Is there a pistol in that?"
    There wasn't. (I was in California.)

To me, a fanny pack nowadays almost screams "concealed carry."
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    My problem with carrying in any kind of pack or bag is that my gun has to be concealed. That means that it is either in a deep bag so that nobody can see it or it has to be zipped up. So then I had to think about trying to handle a bicycle if I have a mean dog that has ahold of my leg while trying to unzip a bag or to fish around inside it for the gun. That is why I made what I thought was going to be a chest carry rig. Wound up being what it is called a Doc Holliday carry rig because it hangs low and left. I wear a loose shirt over it and you can just barely see the top of the grip making a lump from the outside of the shirt. It would be hard for anybody to make it as a gun. I have the Isreali Security Jacket- Shabak, ordered and I am anxious to see how well it will conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    My problem with carrying in any kind of pack or bag is that my gun has to be concealed. That means that it is either in a deep bag so that nobody can see it or it has to be zipped up. So then I had to think about trying to handle a bicycle if I have a mean dog that has ahold of my leg while trying to unzip a bag or to fish around inside it for the gun. That is why I made what I thought was going to be a chest carry rig. Wound up being what it is called a Doc Holliday carry rig because it hangs low and left. I wear a loose shirt over it and you can just barely see the top of the grip making a lump from the outside of the shirt. It would be hard for anybody to make it as a gun. I have the Isreali Security Jacket- Shabak, ordered and I am anxious to see how well it will conceal.
    The bag I linked is easier to unzip than trying to unholster a gun while riding the bike. It has a cord that hangs out to help. Also, I am not concerned about shooting dogs as I ride.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    The bag I linked is easier to unzip than trying to unholster a gun while riding the bike. It has a cord that hangs out to help. Also, I am not concerned about shooting dogs as I ride.
    I would like to see the video that shows somebody unzipping a bag and drawing a gun quicker and easier than just drawing the gun from a holster. As far as shooting a dog, I will defend myself against any deadly attack, either man or beast.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    I would like to see the video that shows somebody unzipping a bag and drawing a gun quicker and easier than just drawing the gun from a holster. As far as shooting a dog, I will defend myself against any deadly attack, either man or beast.
    I can say from experience that, with sufficient practice, the draw from a best-quality, gun-dedicated fanny pack is quick enough.
    No, it is not as quick as from a holster hidden behind an open jacket or vest. But it is quick enough.
    It's all about practice, practice, practice.
    Holster and Rockymonster like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    As hard as I've tried, I cannot get my fanny packed into a holster.
    Have you tried turning the other cheek ???
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    I got rid of my fanny pack when I got rid of my rollerblades.

While on my bicycle, I can draw my J Frame very rapidly from a rear pants pocket. If I need deep concealment the gun goes in the front pocket.

I've had an Uncle Mikes fanny pack for years. I bought it for the old Illinois Carry Method = empty gun, full mag in pocket. But I rarely used it and still don't. Even on the bike it screams "gun". If you get on the Katy Trail across Missouri it seems like every woman has a fanny pack, and I'd guess most contain a gun. Good on them.
    Peace

Carried a 380 in a no name leather fanny pack all morning. Like the option.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links