Fanny Pack Holsters

Fanny Pack Holsters

This is a discussion on Fanny Pack Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For years I have carried off duty in a Bianchi fanny pack. It is getting worn out so I ordered a Desantis Gunny Sack. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Fanny Pack Holsters

Fanny Pack Holsters

For years I have carried off duty in a Bianchi fanny pack. It is getting worn out so I ordered a Desantis Gunny Sack. I am excited to see what the quality is compared to the Bianchi, which is no longer made. Does anyone else like the fanny pack holster?

I use this one. It is only large enough for my LCP2 but works perfectly.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I want to get one of these to use while hiking.

5.11 Tactical Select Carry Pistol Pouch, Charcoal/Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MTIQRG..._8O3iDbDXXDFWG

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I had quite a collection of fanny packs in different sizes, from minimal which would hold a small gun and not much else to so large that it looked like I was wearing a small carry-on bag on my waist. (Well, not QUITE that large) I think I had 10. They are all gone except two. Most were donated to people who thought they might want to try one to see if it worked for them. I keep the others for various uses, like holding my id and credit card holder and other small things when I'm taking a fairly heavy and large gun bag to the range and do not need to try to carry my regular large purse which is heavy also.

I found all of the fanny packs, including the ones with good quality built in holsters, to make for a very slow draw. They also added more bulk to my middle than was comfortable.

Note from a woman: It is sort of amazing how much stuff we carry in our purses that we really do not need on any given day! But it's our STUFF, you know!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I bought this one a little over a month ago for a bicycle trip. I wish I would have bought it long ago. It is very well made, and worked perfectly. It looks more like a regular fanny pack than others I have seen. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used it for a Kimber Solo.
    Old Man likes this.

As hard as I've tried, I cannot get my fanny packed into a holster.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

And you guys made fun of my sandals for camping

VIP Member
    I don't like fanny packs for guns (or anything else for that matter). I once witnessed a thief remove one from a guy who never realized it was even gone until the thief was well out of catching distance.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I don't like fanny packs for guns (or anything else for that matter). I once witnessed a thief remove one from a guy who never realized it was even gone until the thief was well out of catching distance.
    Sorry, that just comes down to extremely poor situational awareness. A fanny pack may not be the ideal carry method, but at times it is the best for that particular situation.
    Instymp and wmhawth like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    Sorry, that just comes down to extremely poor situational awareness. A fanny pack may not be the ideal carry method, but at times it is the best for that particular situation.
    True. And we know all concealed carriers have highly refined situational awareness 100% of the time as we go about our daily lives. I still won't wear one but not judging those that do.
    G26Raven and bigmacque like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    True. And we know all concealed carriers have highly refined situational awareness 100% of the time as we go about our daily lives. I still won't wear one but not judging those that do.
    I understand what you are saying, but honestly, with the location of the buckle, it would take a blind man with no feeling whatsoever wearing the fanny pack to enable this one to be stolen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but honestly, with the location of the buckle, it would take a blind man with no feeling whatsoever wearing the fanny pack to enable this one to be stolen.
    Agree. Most fanny packs are designed to be worn on the fanny, which means the buckle is in front. If it was turned around to the front to contain a gun, the buckle would then be in back, or on side if chosen to be worn over the hip.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I always use a hip pack, (no fanny location on me). I use a generic pack that looks nothing like a gun waist pack, with a long zipper to accommodate a variety of pistols. I can move the pack from 12 to 8, depending on what I'm doing.
    baren likes this.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Not a fanny pack (still a funny word when used outside of The States), however, I like the belt pouch approach.

The black one is from PDA Holsters, the other one is a very generic belt pouch with a foam block in it
    Sister, Instymp, BoBo522 and 1 others like this.

....”fanny packs”....just no. I’m sorry, no dis to anyone but they just scream “mental health” to me - kinda like going to get a mullet haircut on purpose.

No, out of the question.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links