PJ Holster for Ruger LCP

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on PJ Holster for Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently received this pocket holster for the LCP and quite like it. Its my second pocket holster from PJ Holster, no experience with their other ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Holmes375
  • 1 Post By Wavygravy
  • 1 Post By Novarider
  • 1 Post By Holmes375
  • 1 Post By Wavygravy

Thread: PJ Holster for Ruger LCP

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP

Recently received this pocket holster for the LCP and quite like it. Its my second pocket holster from PJ Holster, no experience with their other holster designs. Sure like their pocket versions. Price is $40 shipped, build time is a week or less.

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP-p1100897.jpg

The thumb push works well allowing one to release the pistol in the pocket thus ready for a quick presentation. Retention is just right.

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP-p1100898.jpg

The Kydex is .060 which I prefer for a pocket holster. Nicely formed and well finished. I did make a couple modifications to the holster. Firstly, I opened up the trigger guard area slightly to better accommodate the knuckle of my middle finger - large hand syndrome. Secondly, I removed material from each side of the holster to avoid interference with the Hogue slip-on grip that I use. Not an indictment on the holster, the Hogue interferes with most Kydex pocket holster designs. The fix is quick and easy.

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP-p1100900.jpg

A nice slim profile. LCP loaded (7 rounds) with holster weigh 15 oz.

PJ Holster for Ruger LCP-p1100903.jpg

All in all, a very positive experience with PJ Holster in terms of product and service.

https://pjholster.com/products/pocket
    CreedDryrot and OldChap like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Is that an extension on the spare mag? My wife has a lcp2 and hates inserting the mags with the pinky extension because they hurt her hand.

My spare mags are the Ruger 7 rounders. Much more comfortable to work with. I usually carry the LCP II with them and leave the six round mag in the drawer. Most of my pants handle the extra length fine.

Here's where I bought my factory 7s:
    https://www.gooutdoorgear.com/ruger-.../736676906260/
    Last edited by Holmes375; July 29th, 2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added info

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    My spare mags are the Ruger 7 rounders. Much more comfortable to work with. I usually carry the LCP II with them and leave the six round mag in the drawer. Most of my pants handle the extra length fine.

Here's where I bought my factory 7s:
    https://www.gooutdoorgear.com/ruger-.../736676906260/
    I'm the opposite. I take the pinkie extension plate off my 6 round mags and use the flat baseplate. For me, smaller is better for a .380. Everybody's different.
    Instymp likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Is that an extension on the spare mag? My wife has a lcp2 and hates inserting the mags with the pinky extension because they hurt her hand.
    But if she ever needed the LCP, most chances are are that she won't need a reload?
    Just asking.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Instymp View Post
    But if she ever needed the LCP, most chances are are that she won't need a reload?
    Just asking.
    She doesn't carry a spare mag but it still hurts her at the range when she slaps the mag into place.
    Instymp likes this.

The factory pinky extension is a rather sharp profile. I took a Pearce extension and shaved it down until it gave me an exact two finger grip. Its more rounded and comfortable.

I can't shoot the little LCP with the flush base plate. It gives me slightly less the 1-1/2 fingers of grip and I end up having to readjust after each shot. Hand strength and agility ain't what it used to be ;)
    Wavygravy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    The factory pinky extension is a rather sharp profile. I took a Pearce extension and shaved it down until it gave me an exact two finger grip. Its more rounded and comfortable.

I can't shoot the little LCP with the flush base plate. It gives me slightly less the 1-1/2 fingers of grip and I end up having to readjust after each shot. Hand strength and agility ain't what it used to be ;)
    Aaah. I didn't think the pinkie extension on your 6 round mag looked stock, Holmes375.
    As far as having to adjust to physical limitations, I understand perfectly.
    Holmes375 likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    I will follow up with an endorsement for the PJ Holsters Reinforced Integral Clip IWB Holster as well. PJ makes a solid well designed piece of gear. I own 3 of them. They do a fine job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links