Shield 9mm

Shield 9mm

This is a discussion on Shield 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased a Shield 9mm. Like the gun but I'm not thrilled with my IWB holster. To be honest, I bought the holster when I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Shield 9mm

Shield 9mm

Just purchased a Shield 9mm. Like the gun but I'm not thrilled with my IWB holster. To be honest, I bought the holster when I bought the gun just so I would have something to get started. I think it's made by C&G. It does the job, but I know there are much better options out there.

I'm left handed and prefer IWB. I'd be open to AIWB, but I've never tried it before.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I have a .40 and a .45 Shield that I use for when I need to carry "extra discretely", and use either a DeSantis "Inside Heat" AIWB holster, or more recently a CompTac IWB hybrid. both have worked well for me (I usually carry a Glock 22 or 23 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck). And when I need to, both Shields have the thumb safety, so I don't feel all that bad about dropping it into a jacket pocket when needed.

It takes a little tinkering to find what works best for you. My Shields are most often a "backup" weapon, but have served me well over the past few years.

The c&g looks like a concealment express I had. Straight kydex iwb never worked well for me. Stealth Gear Ventcore has been my favorite so far for iwb strongside. (I'm a south paw) Alien gear looks like the same concept, I just haven't tried them yet. I just like the extra padding of "hybrid" holsters.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

When I had my Shield 9, I carried it in a Vedder LightTuck. It was a great holster for that gun.

Vedder light tuck.
    OldChap likes this.

Already been said: Vedder LightTuck
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Thank you all. Appreciate the quick feedback. I'll start researching these holsters.

You might also want to check out JM Custom Kydex. I have AIWB from Vedder holsters and JM Custom Kydex. The JM is more expensive, but I think it is a better holster.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB...2-0-M2-0C.html
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

In my experience the very best AIWB holster is the Incog Eclipse and its the only clip holster made I would recommend. Every clip holster I have ever owned failed in hand to hand training so I only used soft loops until my son bought the Incog.
    The clip wraps around the belt when closed so it stays on as well as a loop (at least so far in all my tests). Its bent clip design eliminates the need for sponge wedges or "claws" as well. All my other AIWB holsters have the wedge that I made myself to get the grip to tuck in tighter including my favorite revolver AIWB holster, the Phlster city special. Of course it can be adjusted to use strong side if desired.

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGulch View Post
    Just purchased a Shield 9mm. Like the gun but I'm not thrilled with my IWB holster. To be honest, I bought the holster when I bought the gun just so I would have something to get started. I think it's made by C&G. It does the job, but I know there are much better options out there.

I'm left handed and prefer IWB. I'd be open to AIWB, but I've never tried it before.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
    Preferences vary greatly, and what holster works for you in particular is a path you'll have to navigate for yourself.

What I've determined works for me (YMMV) is a kydex taco type (wraparound) or pancake (two sheets, front and back), IWB at strong side hip (3 o'clock), with at least one snap loop. I've had overhooks and clips fail to hold the holster on my belt.

All sorts of folks make these, and the Shield is such a common gun, almost everyone who makes these makes one for the Shield.

Last time I bought a holster of this type, I ordered the basic Concealment Express kydex iwb*, and ordered a pair of pull-the-dot snap loops from elsewhere. If you look, you can find the snap loops on the Concealment Express site as well. Had the holster within days, installed the loops myself. Quality is quite acceptable, and it checks all the boxes for what a holster should do (hold the gun securely, release easily on draw, cover the trigger completely, stay in position).

(*For Taurus G2C. Cheap gun, cheap holster, I thought it was appropriate.)
    Old Man likes this.

I'm a fan of the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. I've got the cowhide for my Shield (good deal at garage sale), but I'd rather have the horsehide, like I carry my XD40.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    I'm been using an Aliengear 4.0 IWB with my P365 for around a month now, no complaints.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

VIP Member
    Black Arch Rev-Con
    Cuda66 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Black Arch Rev-Con
    I really like mine, although it’s for a Sig 238...

Really nice holster.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    I really like mine, although it’s for a Sig 238...

Really nice holster.
    i have been carrying my shield inn on since it came out, and is hands down the my favorite holster
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links