Will an HK P30sk fit in a Kydex holster for an HK P30?

This is a discussion on Will an HK P30sk fit in a Kydex holster for an HK P30? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am asking because my issue with the P30 sk is its too short for comfortable AIWB carry and a longer holster would be better ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By rlggray
  • 1 Post By SChief454
  • 1 Post By T.Thurner
  • 1 Post By Militant
  • 1 Post By forester58

Thread: Will an HK P30sk fit in a Kydex holster for an HK P30?

I am asking because my issue with the P30 sk is its too short for comfortable AIWB carry and a longer holster would be better or I have to get a longer barrelled gun. The trouble with short barrelled double stack guns is the mass is all above the belt so it wants to tip out which puts all the pressure on the holster tip and even with a foam wedge it creates a hot spot over time. A longer barrel just puts more gun(or in this case holster) deeper and its easier and much more comfortable to keep the gun from always wanting to tip outboard.
    I just don't know how close in dimensions the two guns are and my internet search has come up with nothing definitive. I also sent HK an email but, no word yet.

IDK, but my HK p2000sk fits in my HK p2000 holsters.
    forester58 likes this.

Yes it will. I have two different holsters for the P30 and the sk fits fine in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    forester58 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SChief454 View Post
    Yes it will. I have two different holsters for the P30 and the sk fits fine in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you for the confirmation. I really like the gun so I am going to try and make it work a little better for my carry method. I know its only a .58 inch difference in barrel length from the P30 but, often those small dimension changes is all it takes.

The P30 and the SK version are the same, the SK is only shorter.
    forester58 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I am asking because my issue with the P30 sk is its too short for comfortable AIWB carry and a longer holster would be better or I have to get a longer barrelled gun. The trouble with short barrelled double stack guns is the mass is all above the belt so it wants to tip out which puts all the pressure on the holster tip and even with a foam wedge it creates a hot spot over time. A longer barrel just puts more gun(or in this case holster) deeper and its easier and much more comfortable to keep the gun from always wanting to tip outboard.
    I just don't know how close in dimensions the two guns are and my internet search has come up with nothing definitive. I also sent HK an email but, no word yet.
    I can't believe you didn't ask you boy Mili! I'm hurt man!

The HK website has a specific Kydex OWB holster that carries 3 different pieces (i.e. P30sk, P30 and the HK45c). I absolutely love that fact that I can carry all 3 of those pieces in the same holster!
    forester58 likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    I can't believe you didn't ask you boy Mili! I'm hurt man!

The HK website has a specific Kydex OWB holster that carries 3 different pieces (i.e. P30sk, P30 and the HK45c). I absolutely love that fact that I can carry all 3 of those pieces in the same holster!
    I was fishing and hoping you would show up. Thank you. I defer to the "HK" man here.
    Militant likes this.

Sponsored Links