Do you buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios? - Page 3

Do you buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios?

This is a discussion on Do you buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes.. It all depends on what I'm wearing, and how best to conceal, and keep the pistol conferrable. I also have different duty rigs,(open carry ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Do you buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios?

Yes.. It all depends on what I'm wearing, and how best to conceal, and keep the pistol conferrable.
    I also have different duty rigs,(open carry with badge) for different assignments. And even different duty weapons for
    assignments.
    Rooster likes this.

I do have several for the same gun. I have pocket and iwb holsters for small guns. I have more than one iwb holster ... single clip, dual clip, kydex, leather, synthetic, : basically the pursuit of the one best most comfortable holster ever unicorn.
    Rooster likes this.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

OWB and a Miami Classic for my EDC. They fit any of the M&Ps compact or full size. OWB for the 1911s except for the new railed Rock Island. Ruger and Smith wheel guns share a holster. There's also a few of nylon for range bag protection.
    Rooster likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I probably have at least 4 holsters that will fit each of my carry guns. Iwb, owb, pocket, Remora/Sticky type. Everything but ankle.
    Rooster likes this.

Well thanks everybody, glad to know I'm not the only one. lol
    tns0038 and Terry 2.0 like this.

I carry 24/7/365, that means that I may need several different options on how I'm going to carry my gun(s).
    OWB, IWB, Shoulder Rig, Ankle Holster, Pocket Holster, Fanny Pack etc...

With that said, my EDC gun is a Glock 19. I carry it in a Kramer Horsehide OWB belt scabbard during the Fall, Winter, and Spring months. During the Summer, or when I need/want more concealment, I will switch to one of my IWB holsters - my Sparks SSII, my Comp Tac CTAC or MTAC.

I do have a Glock 26 - it is the gun that I take when I travel (covered under the LEOSA Retired Officer regs) because of its 10 shot mag capacity. I also have a S&W J frame that is my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. I have various different holsters for these guns also.
    Rooster likes this.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Yes, for my 3 primary carry guns. I have pocket, IWB and OWB holsters for my Ruger LCP and LC9s, and IWB and OWB for G19. Holster chosen depends on clothing and where and what Im doing.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    IWB for daily carry
    OWB for range carry
    Shoulder rig (jackass rig) for motorcycle carry
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

VIP Member
    Its difficult to find one good holster let alone two or more for one gun!

But I actually do have more than one for several guns: IWB & OWB, different IWB depending on clothing/body position, etc. Also Pocket and chest holsters for a couple....
    Rooster likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy. - Joe Lewis

Im not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a little dirty.....

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    No.

I pocket carry 100% of the time.
    I primarily pocket carry also. But in the relentless Florida heat, concealing a firearm in shorts and tee shirt can be challenging for anything having weight or bulk. I have several styles of pocket holsters for the cut of various pockets that I have. A pocket holster with a rounded cut just won't work well in a flat and wide type cargo pocket. Other shorts and pants have their own shaped pockets. So just one pocket holster will not do the job for all pockets.
    Wolf357 and Rooster like this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    I have two holsters for each carry gun, all OWB, one leather from Panther Concealment Custom Kydex Holsters and Knife Sheaths and one leather from http://www.littlebearcustomholsters.com, they each serve a purpose and they are all great, I see no reason to look at any other holster makers.
    Rooster likes this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    I use multiple holsters and seldom use the same one twice. Why?

Because I have many holsters, and don't want any of them feeling neglected.
    Rooster and Terry 2.0 like this.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

yes, multiple holsters for each pistol
    Rooster likes this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

I don't normally keep holsters that I don't use. But I do have several guns that have a couple of holsters. The J frame that I EDC, I have a pocket holster and an OWB for the range. I keep a 1911 in my desk drawer, it has a belt slide holster and I keep it in an Uncle Mikes paddle holster. It may not be a great carry holster but it protects the gun while in the drawer, and if I needed it even if I were in PJ's or sweat pants the paddle will hold the gun. DR
    Rooster likes this.

VIP Member
    The short answer, to your specific question is, NO, I don't buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios. I buy multiple holsters for each firearm because I have heard the holster makers need my continuing support! If you are not buying at least 5 holsters for each pistol, YOU are NOT doing your part! On another note, I can usually settle on the right holster, within a couple. I stick with that, as like the pistol, I've already decided it's purpose in my carry line up, & won't be trying to make it do something else. I guess, buying multiple holsters for a single pistol, is cheaper than buying multiple guns. But, when you start out with a stable, from decades of being in the game, I'm too far gone to change.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links