C&G Holsters.

C&G Holsters.

This is a discussion on C&G Holsters. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Son bought both of us new holsters, from C&G Kydex, high ride, outside the belt, right side. The belt loops are 1" 3/4" belt ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By Scouse

Thread: C&G Holsters.

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar

C&G Holsters.

My Son bought both of us new holsters, from C&G Kydex, high ride, outside the belt, right side. The belt loops are 1" 3/4" belt loops mounted by two screws on each side, very thick 1/16" thick. So I called and ordered two 1/2" ones. With shipping $8.00 not so bad.

My dilemma. Not being a cowboy, I do not wear thick leather belts (or chaps!) as an urbanite, I have worn the same Frequent Flier rig for at least 3 years. Thin, nylon, but the Instructor model, you can not crush it.
    Comes from Phoenix AR. They also make great gun pouches, for transporting single Pistol, plus an extra magazine.
    With a quick pinch release. And they last forever, belts and gun bags.

The holster and backing plate, curve, to suit body shape. Holds the 43X Glock firmly, but not quite tight enough for me. I like to yank it out, against a firm resistance. Maybe some heat from my heat gun, on the trigger guard dimples, press in a little. Done that before on holsters. It also has a backing piece, that protects the skin from the slide. You just tap the muzzle against this piece, to guide as you reholster.

Still struggling with which pistol to carry. 16 rounds, Glock 19, or the lighter, vastly quicker draw, of the Glock 43X but only 11 rounds? Under a Florida shirt, plus tee-shirt. What's your verdict?

Scouse, only you can make the decision which pistol is right for you. We all have different perceptions of what carry piece meets our needs.
    Shootnlead likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Whichever one makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As a fellow Floridian I endorse the 43X. The G19 is fine pistol and if I lived anywhere it got remotely cool to wear flannels and such concealing clothing I would wear a double stack more. But I didn't care for a thick double stack under typical light Florida attire.

That said, I also have muffin that pushes the big double stack out a bit for my liking so I favor slim pistols for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    As a fellow Floridian I endorse the 43X. The G19 is fine pistol and if I lived anywhere it got remotely cool to wear flannels and such concealing clothing I would wear a double stack more. But I didn't care for a thick double stack under typical light Florida attire.

That said, I also have muffin that pushes the big double stack out a bit for my liking so I favor slim pistols for that reason.
    Yes, I can see your thinking, but how about the 16 rounds compared with 11? Does the extra comfort align with the 11 rounds? Or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Yes, I can see your thinking, but how about the 16 rounds compared with 11? Does the extra comfort align with the 11 rounds? Or not?
    My carry guns the last few years have gone G26 (10+1) to a G43 (7+1 with extensions) and now a P365 (10+1).

I don't lose sleep over it, though I do carry a backup magazine these days but that's more as a backup for if I have a malfunction rather than upping the total round count.

I carry just a j-frame with 5 38 spl with no reloads sometimes and never felt under gunned.

Also perhaps examine your lifestyle. I live a very quiet lowkey low threat lifestyle. If I were say, a repo driver for example, well I might be inclined to carry more firepower.

Just this guys 2 cents. Everyone has their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    My carry guns the last few years have gone G26 (10+1) to a G43 (7+1 with extensions) and now a P365 (10+1).

I don't lose sleep over it, though I do carry a backup magazine these days but that's more as a backup for if I have a malfunction rather than upping the total round count.

I carry just a j-frame with 5 38 spl with no reloads sometimes and never felt under gunned.

Also perhaps examine your lifestyle. I live a very quiet lowkey low threat lifestyle. If I were say, a repo driver for example, well I might be inclined to carry more firepower.

Just these guys 2 cents. Everyone has their opinions.
    Well, I guess I am in your threat level area. Will be 84 on the 27th, An old Grandad. But a couple of years ago, waiting outside the local Publix in Dr. Phillips, reading a Library book (Hate shopping) my Bluetooth buzzed in my ear! I have two hood rats dogging me! My sweet little wife!
    How like are they operating? Said I. "there are two young guys, pants hanging down, below their butts, neither one with a basket, or cart, I see one, then the other, up to one aisle or another." So I instructed, I will be under the rain cover part, leaned up behind the Jeep.

"You walk out sedately, but move more quickly when you clear the Auto Doors, continue on down the wall" OK.

Our Jeep is a Marked Security vehicle, my Sons Company. Lights up like a Circus vehicle in the dark.

My shirt was undone, Glock 19 hidden, leaned up as promised. Outcomes my Lady, followed 5M later by two Hood Rats as promised.

They were close to their ride! But not close enough, the one on my left was watching my wife, his buddy scanning! Me looking for weapons, no chance, both holding pants up with one hand.

Watcher spots me! Grabs his Buddys arm, and they both took off across the parking lot, to the road. My wife was driving their vehicle. Spoiled their whole day, I hope they had access to clean draws!

So glad they had no weapons, two double taps would have been hard to explain away to the County Mounties.
    Even if they were armed. As I remember range to those two, from me. Measured from my front sight. 7M approx.
    As I was trained, two rounds each would have sufficed? Some chaps I trained with? Rapid advance, flat foot stop, and a headshot each! A 4" ballon depicted the head target, taped to the deck. Not straight down, shrapnel!

I paced it out after. My wife was calm as a cucumber. My motor was ticking over a bit quick!
    I must have shot thousands of rounds at 7M. Would 11 rounds have been enough? Probably. I saw no backup.

Talked to the Manager (20?) he was not interested. They were robbed a year later.
    M1911A1 and rotorhead1026 like this.

In teaching hundreds of (Mostly, young people) to fight with a gun. I did not teach safe use of firearms as my selling point, sure that was in the Instruction, but the main point. How to fight with your issued weapon, from a holster. In the body position, as close to work-related positions whilst standing in an indoor range. IE walking, facing right, facing left, back to target. From those positions, drawing and firing in a line of 4 shoulder to shoulder!
    Oh yes, dry fire first! Turn draw fire! Always double taps, centre chest (Between the nipples!) Except the last two shots of the twenty round test. Walking at the target, pistol at eye level, headshots. This is the last command, dump empties, holster an empty weapon.

NOT A SAFE WEAPON!! Just an empty one. Off to cleaning bench. Case weapons. Clean hands with industrial cleaners (Rosalex then). We had no running water. Or bathroom, Canadian conditions! Tough them Canucks.

And off to Tim Hortons. Donuts and Coffee. (And Bathrooms!) Did that for 25 years.

Sponsored Links