Trouser Issues - Page 4

Trouser Issues

This is a discussion on Trouser Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not when I'm out and about. Colorado has open carry, so even if I printed or my pistol grip happened to poke out from under ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Trouser Issues

Not when I'm out and about. Colorado has open carry, so even if I printed or my pistol grip happened to poke out from under my shirt, it wouldn't be a major issue. However, work has a "guns bad" policy, so it's got to be iwb where I can tuck my shirt over, lest I risk losing gainful employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir333 View Post
    Not when I'm out and about. Colorado has open carry, so even if I printed or my pistol grip happened to poke out from under my shirt, it wouldn't be a major issue. However, work has a "guns bad" policy, so it's got to be iwb where I can tuck my shirt over, lest I risk losing gainful employment.
    Is a smaller gun for pocket carry an option?

I will put in another plug for Wrangler jeans. I bought the Riggs Workwear jeans and pleasantly found out that that they have a very generous seat. The zipper fly is about 1.5" longer than standard jeans. The 5th accessory pocket is large enough to swallow most of a Ruger LCP pistol so most mags will hide pretty well. At $35 locally they are a bargain.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The current style in a lot of jeans is a lower "rise"; i. e., the pants sit lower - slightly below the waist. The weight of a sidearm will pull them uncomfortably low. You'd correct this by pulling them up considerably and tightening the belt a lot. This sounds a bit like OP's problem. Taking care to find pants with a normal rise will certainly help. I'm pretty sure the relaxed fit Wranglers fill this bill. Levis 501 and 505's do, too, but they aren't relaxed fit.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

I wear old school Dockers. The pleated type are most comfortable. With the right belt, I can IWB carry a full sized pistol with minimal bulging. I find these pants at Goodwill and other thrift stores. They work great for me and only broadcast that I'm just another "tired old guy".
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Duluth Trading Firehose Stretch khakis and chino's are great for office or field use.
    Wavygravy and Nmuskier like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir333 View Post
    I believe concealment is toughest around people you see every day. At store, on street, whatever people may notice something, but will let it pass and they will probably never see you again. But at work people may keep looking as you move around, bend, etc and at some point realize you got something hidden and then they may talk to coworkers and they start watching you.

If your job is important to you and it is relatively safe environment I would consider leaving pistol in vehicle. Maybe use a clip on holster and leave both holster and gun in vehicle. Or better yet put in quick access lock box when you leave home. Putting in lockbox when arrive at work may result in people observing you. Of course if park vehicle in bad area with strong potential of break in that is another factor. Good luck.
    Goldy49 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with my jeans bunching up but I have some that have deeper pockets so stuff some paper towels in the bottom of the pocket to keep my pocket carry gun and holster just under the lip of the pocket. I have found that the less pocket material at the top the easier it is to draw the LCP out of the pocket.

Wrangler works for moi.

Lots of choices.

Any issues?

Only one.

Sometimes "large" is insufficient, and "Extra Large" is too capacious.

What is needed is a "Large +" or an "extra large -".
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jack7659 View Post
    I generally wear LL Bean comfort fit jean with expanding waist. Duluth suspenders and Carhartt riveted suspender buttons - buttons on outside for comfort. Cover pistol and suspenders with untucked polo or sweater. Holster is Kramer IWB with Glock 26 on Armour gun belt which is 1.5" wide and extra thick at 5/16".
    Whoa Jack! Suspenders under a pull over?!?! I can see that becoming a HUGE tactical challenge when a guy is “in a hurry”. Just any number of things could go wrong and none of them seem to rank up there with happy things.
    Rockymonster and hardluk1 like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    Whoa Jack! Suspenders under a pull over?!?! I can see that becoming a HUGE tactical challenge when a guy is “in a hurry”. Just any number of things could go wrong and none of them seem to rank up there with happy things.
    hardluk1 and matthew03 like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Is a smaller gun for pocket carry an option?
    It's not out of the question, and I do intend on getting one eventually, but it would require a larger investment than finding a better pair of jeans with a higher rise or just more room to fit my current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    The current style in a lot of jeans is a lower "rise"; i. e., the pants sit lower - slightly below the waist. The weight of a sidearm will pull them uncomfortably low. You'd correct this by pulling them up considerably and tightening the belt a lot. This sounds a bit like OP's problem. Taking care to find pants with a normal rise will certainly help. I'm pretty sure the relaxed fit Wranglers fill this bill. Levis 501 and 505's do, too, but they aren't relaxed fit.
    That pretty much sums up my issues. Pulling them up higher only leads to the crotch seam digging in throughout the day. I have been finding some with a normal, or what used to count as normal, rise in the relaxed fits and many cargo style.

Quote Originally Posted by jack7659 View Post
    I believe concealment is toughest around people you see every day. At store, on street, whatever people may notice something, but will let it pass and they will probably never see you again. But at work people may keep looking as you move around, bend, etc and at some point realize you got something hidden and then they may talk to coworkers and they start watching you.

If your job is important to you and it is relatively safe environment I would consider leaving pistol in vehicle. Maybe use a clip on holster and leave both holster and gun in vehicle. Or better yet put in quick access lock box when you leave home. Putting in lockbox when arrive at work may result in people observing you. Of course if park vehicle in bad area with strong potential of break in that is another factor. Good luck.
    I concur, and stakes do get raised if the company is adamant that guns are bad. Mine even has a policy where vehicles can be searched, firearms are not allowed anywhere on the property, even in your vehicle. Luckily, state law doesn't prosecute for having one where the land owner doesn't want it, only in areas designated by the state to be "gun free zones." Best they could do is tell me to leave and not come back.

Having said that, my job is important to me as it is my way of providing for my family. The wages are moderate for my city and benefits are decent, with relatively stress-free work. However, if it came to me losing my job for protecting myself and ensuring I made it home to my family, it wouldn't be a big loss. There's always another job out there if you look. I do not, however, wish to speed that up by making it obvious and getting called out for it. I haven't had much of an issue with concealment, it's been more of a mild discomfort I was looking to remedy.

gungnir333 Finding the rights pants can be as simple as going to a few shops and tring some on . You understand the term - trial & error and its all on YOU to find what works for you . Now go start at a tractor supply as they sell a number of brands to try out . Now what you carry and how or should you or should you not carry at work is all on you to deal with too . Most brands sell short rise pretty boys pants and real man pants so you got try some one !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links