Trouser Issues

Trouser Issues

This is a discussion on Trouser Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I have been carrying for years now and I still can't seem to find trousers that work well with IWB carry. I tend ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Trouser Issues

Trouser Issues

Hello all, I have been carrying for years now and I still can't seem to find trousers that work well with IWB carry. I tend to keep my belt line over my hip, slightly under the belly button, and as soon as I add the holster, the crotch digs in. Anybody else have this issue before?

Military fatigues work great at giving that extra room, but I'd prefer not to broadcast my presence like that. Are there any decent, affordable pants out there that offer that little bit of extra room without broadcasting, "I'm probably carrying a gun?"
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Iíve worn Wrangler Relaxed Fit jeans for many years, never had any problem with IWB or crotch riding up causing discomfort.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Bienvenido. What type of pants are you having problems with?? Brand? Style?? Etc..
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Wranglers rule. I prefer the comfort flex, regular fit.
    Work for so many situations. And not pricey.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Wrangler holds up good too.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Maybe it's not the brand or fit of the pants that''s the real issue, but rather the way you hold them up.

In my own case, I have a flat butt which has gotten flatter in old age. My pants tend to descend against my will, especially when I'm carrying a pistol (which is all of the time).
    I realize that your don't descend, but they do seem to, well, tilt or twist under the pressure of a pistol. So maybe my solution will also satisfy you.

While I carry my pistol on a good, solid pistol belt, the belt doesn't hold my pants up too.
    I hold my pants up with suspenders (or, if you prefer, braces). Suspenders can be adjusted to provide support differentially, for instance stronger on one side than the other, if that's what you need.

My cover garment (usually a vest) also covers the suspenders, so that, even though I wear pretty ones, they never show.
    You can find strong, clip-on types, or you can add press-on buttons to your pants for the classic suspender design.
    Look at: https://www.suspenderstore.com/shop-...se-suspenders/
    Or: https://www.suspenders.com/
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir333 View Post
    Hello all, I have been carrying for years now and I still can't seem to find trousers that work well with IWB carry. I tend to keep my belt line over my hip, slightly under the belly button, and as soon as I add the holster, the crotch digs in. Anybody else have this issue before?

Military fatigues work great at giving that extra room, but I'd prefer not to broadcast my presence like that. Are there any decent, affordable pants out there that offer that little bit of extra room without broadcasting, "I'm probably carrying a gun?"
    Do you go a size bigger with your pants?

I gave up on IWB years ago because it seems like no matter what kind of pants I wore the pistol dug into my hip.

I wear Wrangler cargo pants and an untucked shirt over it or sweater and a pancake holster on my belt and I don't have a problem with it.

As @M1911A1 mentioned suspenders are a good idea. I don't wear them when I'm off the clock but I definitely wear them with my duty belt. I use the Perry tool belt suspenders that hook to my underbelt because the clip-on suspenders tend to tear up my pants.

I wear Wrangler relaxed fit, sized up on the waist to allow room for holster and pistol. At work I wear the Red Cap work jeans issued by the company. I carry the Walther Creed IWB with a dual belt clip holster at the 9 o clock (yes, I'm a southpaw freak of nature) with a rigid pistol belt. The belt holds the pants up fine, but my jeans do have a tendency to twist a bit when I sit down, mostly the pistol grip pressing against the seat back and moving toward the 6 o clock. That definitely exacerbates the issue, but even when I reposition, I get the seam of the crotch pressing into my nethers. I mostly feel it during movement, especially crouching or riding a bike. I wear the waist a little higher than some, mostly from wearing military uniform for years where regs tell you exactly how high your belt should ride, but it seems like if I wear them any lower, my rig just feels sloppy. I've tried jeans with the gusseted crotch, like Hawx, but that only marginally helped. I'm hoping to find something with a higher rise (measurement from waist to inseam) as the standard doesn't seem to cut it for me.

I wear Wrangler relaxed fit, sized up on the waist to allow room for holster and pistol. At work I wear the Red Cap work jeans issued by the company. I carry the Walther Creed IWB with a dual belt clip holster at the 9 o clock (yes, I'm a southpaw freak of nature) with a rigid pistol belt. The belt holds the pants up fine, but my jeans do have a tendency to twist a bit when I sit down, mostly the pistol grip pressing against the seat back and moving toward the 6 o clock. That definitely exacerbates the issue, but even when I reposition, I get the seam of the crotch pressing into my nethers. I mostly feel it during movement, especially crouching or riding a bike. I wear the waist a little higher than some, mostly from wearing military uniform for years where regs tell you exactly how high your belt should ride, but it seems like if I wear them any lower, my rig just feels sloppy. I've tried jeans with the gusseted crotch, like Hawx, but that only marginally helped. I'm hoping to find something with a higher rise (measurement from waist to inseam) as the standard doesn't seem to cut it for me.
    I don't know how else to say this but it sounds to me like you're just pulling your pants up too far
    Bad Bob and Rabbit212 like this.

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    Had that exact issue and pants sort of twisted. The noticed the belt was rotating around my waist and moved the holster back more. Solved it for me
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

I found that the Cabelas cargo pants addressed that issue for me. I don't IWB as a rule. I found, after carrying 40 years, that OWB and suspenders were the ticket.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Are you determined to carry inside the waistband? I have never really liked it. For casual wear I'm usually wearing Wranglers or Carhartts. The gun is carried outside the waistband under a cover garment with suspenders. You don't have to be married to a method that you can't get comfortable with.
    Rockymonster and Poorly like this.

Iím wearing Carharrt jeans and a 1.5Ē leather belt. If Iím carrying then my shirt is untucked. I can pull my pants too high, peewee Herman style, but it doesnít feel good. Instead, I wear my pants at comfortable height with belt tight to hold the handgun grip tight to abs.
    5lima30ret likes this.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Maybe a different kind if holster would help. What you using now?? For traditional iwb I always prefer a quality hybrid holster with two clips. No floppy feeling with two clips.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Wrangler Rialto dress pants at work and Wrangler cowboy cut jeans at home.
    Buy 1 size larger and cinch down with a very high quality gun belt.
    Holds my britches and my 1911 up no problem.
    I do prefer OWB though for more comfort.
    Goldy49 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links