If you wear an IWB/AIWB tuckable holster, do you tuck?

This is a discussion on If you wear an IWB/AIWB tuckable holster, do you tuck? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Despite how I dress most of the time, i.e., untucked shirt, I really prefer to have my shirts tucked in. To me, it just conveys ...

View Poll Results: If you wear an IWB or AIWB tuckable holster, do you tuck your shirt in?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I always tuck my shirt in around the holsters.

1 1.72%
  • I usually, but not always, tuck my shirt in around the holster.

4 6.90%
  • I rarely tuck my shirt in around the holster.

20 34.48%
  • I never tuck my shirt in around the holster.

28 48.28%
  • Other?

5 8.62%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: If you wear an IWB/AIWB tuckable holster, do you tuck?

Despite how I dress most of the time, i.e., untucked shirt, I really prefer to have my shirts tucked in. To me, it just conveys a "neater" appearance, but that's just me.

Yet, to dress around the gun, and all the stuff I carry with it - spare mag, flashlight, fixed blade knife - the easiest way for me to conceal is to have an untucked shirt. Here where we live in Utah, nobody really looks sideways at you if your shirt is untucked , since the most common outfit here for guys is blue jeans and a T shirt. I'm a bit of an anomaly (in more ways than one) since I usually wear some sort of collared shirt - Hawaiian shirts or polo shirts in the summer, flannels or turtlenecks in the winter, but it is normally untucked. If I absolutely have to wear a tucked in shirt, I just revert to pocket carry.

But I got to wondering, since so many people today wear IWB or AIWB holsters, many (if not most) of which are "tuckable," how many people actually take advantage of this feature?

My question for today is, if you wear an AIWB or IWB holster that is tuckable, do you take advantage of this feature? If so, what type of weapon do you most often conceal in this manner?
    So many weapons, so little time.

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

We are ALL Virginians!

I would, if I ever found myself in a situation where I had to tuck while carrying, but the only place I tuck is at work (prison), and I can't carry there.
    G26Raven likes this.

I normally wear Dickies brand camp shirts untucked; they are cut squared and slightly longer to be worn that way.
    G26Raven, scottync and MMinSC like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I too prefer tucked button up collared shirts, so with the colder months, its not a problem because I wear a light vest, or fleece pull over.
    In the warmer months I just untuck.
    Pete63, G26Raven, airslot and 1 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.
    -Jeff Cooper

Looking around doesnt cost you anything; and its a healthy habit
    -Joe Foss

I stopped tucking my shirt the first time I ripped a shirt during dry fire practice! Pretty much the first attempt. Then I threw out my suits and switched to shorts and island wear.
    DZUS and G26Raven like this.

The answer is as always..... it depends.

Dressed up, and whenever a tie is involved, I tuck.
    Jeans and everyday shirts, no tuckie.
    G26Raven likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

flh
    I haven't tucked my shirt in since I retired . My normal attire is casual , when I need to look more presentable I prefer the square bottom button shirt .

My IWB is against my skin , no t-shirt .
    G26Raven likes this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Although I prefer a tucked in shirt I rarely do because of the increased difficulty in drawing your gun.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

VIP Member
    Only when I go to Church, do I, in regards to a generic answer to your question. Otherwise, it depends on: shirt I'm wearing, where I'm going, what I'm going to do when I get there, whom will I come into contact with.
    G26Raven likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Despite how I dress most of the time, i.e., untucked shirt, I really prefer to have my shirts tucked in. To me, it just conveys a "neater" appearance, but that's just me.

Yet, to dress around the gun, and all the stuff I carry with it - spare mag, flashlight, fixed blade knife - the easiest way for me to conceal is to have an untucked shirt. Here where we live in Utah, nobody really looks sideways at you if your shirt is untucked , since the most common outfit here for guys is blue jeans and a T shirt. I'm a bit of an anomaly (in more ways than one) since I usually wear some sort of collared shirt - Hawaiian shirts or polo shirts in the summer, flannels or turtlenecks in the winter, but it is normally untucked. If I absolutely have to wear a tucked in shirt, I just revert to pocket carry.

But I got to wondering, since so many people today wear IWB or AIWB holsters, many (if not most) of which are "tuckable," how many people actually take advantage of this feature?

My question for today is, if you wear an AIWB or IWB holster that is tuckable, do you take advantage of this feature? If so, what type of weapon do you most often conceal in this manner?

Sorry, I forgot to answer this part. Either my "XD Service .45 acp, or my Redhawk .41 mag 2.75". In going to Church, IT'S THE ONE PLACE/TIME I change up my daily carry. There is "no policy" there, but I prefer to keep it discrete.
    airslot and G26Raven like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I most often wear a tee shirt tucked in with my IWB rig and then a polo shirt untucked over that.
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I rarely tuck my shirt in while carrying. The only time I have tucked while carrying in the past few years has been at funerals or a formal Christmas party.
    G26Raven likes this.

Nod
    Only if I'm wearing a suit & tie. Other wise, I leave shirt untucked.
    G26Raven likes this.

I like a tucked in shirt. That's just one more reason I pocket carry. DR
    G26Raven likes this.

All my holsters MUST allow shirt to be tucked in.

One of my top criteria of a carry holster is it MUST allow me to tuck my shirt over the pistol and holster. Otherwise I don't even look at the holster. I work in a pediatric office in NY state. I wear "business casual" nearly everyday: khakis or slacks, button-down shirt tucked in, +/- tie given the pattern on the shirt. In the summer I might wear a tucked in polo shirt and in the winter a sweater vest. Either way tucked looks more professional to the parents and families. I have had the best luck with Vedder Light Tuck holsters.

NB: This excludes my Recluse holster for the Kahr CM9 which I have only for pocket carry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links