Ankle holster for LCPII

Ankle holster for LCPII

This is a discussion on Ankle holster for LCPII within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've accumulated a bit of extra cash recently and a hole is burning in my pocket. I've got several holsters for my primary EDC (Sig ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By rlggray
  • 3 Post By JD
  • 1 Post By OldChap
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By JD

Thread: Ankle holster for LCPII

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar

Ankle holster for LCPII

I've accumulated a bit of extra cash recently and a hole is burning in my pocket. I've got several holsters for my primary EDC (Sig P365) as well as pocket holsters and an IWB holster for the LCP. However, I sometimes like the idea of an ankle holster during cooler weather in long pants.

Several years back I tried an ankle rig for a first gen LCP and it felt weird; made me kind of limp. To be fair, I only tried it a few times before giving up and some of my pistolero friends who ankle carry a Glock 27 said I was just a wimp. So, I'm thinking I'd like to try it again, picking up something that will position the gun inside my left ankle (I'm right handed).

Any recommendations? I'm not wild about those rigs that have the leg 'garter' that attaches above the calf because it looks like too much work just getting the thing on if wearing pants that aren't baggy. Is there a reasonably-price holster that will hold the gun securely in place without the garter? Primarily I see this CC method for lengthy car trips, with occasional in/outs at gas stations, stores, restaurants, etc.

Thanks for the input.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

As light as the LCP is, you could probably just stick it in your sock. Just kidding.

If it were me, I would probably with the Galco, or the Don't tread on me brand. The Galco is pretty pricey and the Don't tread on me is pretty budgety.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ankle holster for LCPII-screenshot_20191125-090323_gallery_1574694302587.jpg  

Ankle holster for LCPII-screenshot_20191125-090314_gallery_1574694310960.jpg  

Ankle holster for LCPII-screenshot_20191125-090733_gallery_1574694543206.jpg  

Ankle holster for LCPII-screenshot_20191125-090748_gallery_1574694551081.jpg  

1gunsnowbird likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    The Galco Ankle Glove is the "budget standard"

The Gold Standard is the Alessi or Ritchie Gunleather.

The Platinum Standard is 5Shot Leather

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

This one has the dreaded "garter", but I judge it to be no more obtrusive or uncomfortable to wear than others without the garter. It is very budget friendly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Historically some of the finest and most utilitarian ankle holsters were made by Alessi.
    They were extremely popular with law enforcement for all day ankle carry.
    Usually for a Smith "J"

I dont know how they are these days but, certainly worth looking into.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Historically some of the finest and most utilitarian ankle holsters were made by Alessi.
    They were extremely popular with law enforcement for all day ankle carry.
    Usually for a Smith "J"

I dont know how they are these days but, certainly worth looking into.
    Sadly, The guy that was doing most of the work post Lou, Tom Kulwicki recently passed. Not sure what the state of the company is in but they have not seemed to be very responsive.

Ritchie Holsters has it's roots in Alessi designs so that would be my ideal choice.

Which reminds me, I need to order one for my G42.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links