Defensive Carry banner

Concealed Carry Holster-1911

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  bustoff 
#1 ·
Which one do you carry for your 1911? I bought a Galco Combat Master the other day because it has a good review here- https://holsteraddict.com/concealed-carry-holster/, it's a OWB holster is made from leather and i prefer a leather holster, what's the best one out there?

#3 ·
I’ve never been consistent with the 1911 up until the last year or so. I always loved it, but never could commit.

The best holster is the best holster for you, your dress, and your needs.

But one thing I can say, and I believe this to be true across the spectrum, is the best holster starts with the best belt. So, my best combination, is the thickest Bigfoot Gun Belt and a Milt Sparks SS for everyday carry; that is every day for up to 8-16 hours a day concealed.

#5 ·
I am a 1911 newbie but, so far I have three I like depending on dress. I started with and still like the Galco summer comfort although that one has been mostly replaced with the DeSantis Mad Max as it distributes the weight a little nicer.
My favorite by far is an OWB pancake that holds it high and tight if my cover garment is adequate. I use a Don Hume open top as it has 1.75" loops and my belt is a 1.75" BetterbeltUSA roughrider which has a lot of support. There are some great ones out there and the sky is the limit on cost and quality.
I can wear that combo in total comfort under an open western cut vest all day long.
As has been said a good belt is key to carrying a heavier gun. I can carry a 46 ounce revolver on that same belt just as comfortably all day long even while carrying a pack and a rifle and hiking in rough country.

#6 ·
Ummm, there is no "best" of anything. I have >80-holsters and like/use about half, while selling the rest. I change my holster w/ my socks, so I am never bored and none of my leather feels neglected.

Reactions: luke213 and OD*
#8 ·
For IWB behind the hop I still prefer the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Me Too.....

Reactions: BigJon10125 and OD*
#11 ·
Most the time it is TT Gunleather Snap Elite or Ritchie Leather CQQR OWB-I found my preference of these holsters a couple of years ago and still use them both-of coarse I do have a full box of different holsters-most are leather and not cheap I must add.

#12 ·
I'm not sure what it is called, but I have a three slot Galco holster that can be carried strong side or weak side in a cross draw. If I carry a pistol on my hip, I use that holster - when I hike, I use the cross draw feature. Otherwise, I prefer a vertical shoulder holster.

#15 ·
Reactions: OD*
#16 ·
Holsters are a very personal choice; what I like doesn’t work for you, etc.

That being said—I also use a Combat Master when I carry OWB, so...I think it’s a pretty good choice.

Reactions: OD*
#19 ·
Lots of good choices. I think a good 1911 deserves good leather. My favorites are the Sparks SSII, the VMII, and 55BN. TT Gunleather makes a great holster too, I like the Mike’s Special and his basic pancake rigs. There’s other’s...nightingaleleather, 5-shot learher, Brommeland, Brigade Gunleather, UBG Holsters...but for me, either the Sparks SSII or the 55BN are THE CLASSIC 1911 holsters. They go together like French fries and ketchup; like mac andcheese, like milk and cookies...like Fritos and bean dip...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I never recommend non duty holsters from any of the big box manufacturers, they just don't have very good service lives. Stick with holster makers, Milt Sparks, Kramer. 5 Leather. Nelson etc ..... much better products for not much more money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.