Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster

This is a discussion on Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am required to wear dress slacks and a dress belt and shoes, etc. so I can not use my preferred carry belt (very wide, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster

I am required to wear dress slacks and a dress belt and shoes, etc. so I can not use my preferred carry belt (very wide, thick, steel core) and I must have a holster that will hold my gun as tightly on my body as possible. IWB is not an option for me.

Please recommend a good dress carry belt and the holster that will retain my weapon as tightly against my body as possible.

My EDC is a Glock 45.
    Last edited by Petersburg; January 25th, 2020 at 03:55 PM.

I have had success with a Beltman 1.25 inch horsehide belt and Alessi and Rosen belt snap holsters.

Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster-f88862d2-3ef7-4631-88f2-5d5682294ff7.jpeg

Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster-27e580ec-7eec-4a79-bddf-461bb0f8117b.jpeg
    Old Man and BigJon10125 like this.
    “Beware of people who brag about who they are. A lion will never have to tell you he is a lion.”

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what you are calling a "dress belt," but I presume you mean a nicely finished belt that is a bit thinner than a normal gun belt. Most gun belts are 1.5 inches wide compared to "dress belts" that are usually only an inch wide or 1.25 wide. Some holster makers, such as Tucker Gunleather make belts that are thinner in the front than on the sides or rear and when you are wearing a suit jacket will not be as obvious as a gun belt. However, gun belts are usually also quite a bit thicker than dress belts to provide the support needed for a heavier weapon.

https://tuckergunleather.com/tapered-1-1-2-gun-belt/
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    For a holster that hugs your body, you can't beat a Kramer Leather Pancake holster.

https://www.kramerleather.com/products/belt-scabbard
    LimaCharlie and Old Man like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

When I worked in an office, I wore dress shoes, slacks, and shirt with a tie. I pocket carried a Kel-Tec P3-AT and then a Ruger LCP when they came out. They were not reliable for me due to my large hands not getting a firm grip. When the Sig P238 .380 came out, it worked great for me until the P938 9mm came out. If you wear a suit coat or sports coat all day, then a leather pancake style holster is your best bet for a larger handgun.
    PPS1980, ShooterGranny and APX-9M like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I have a Bigfoot Slim Steel belt that is intended to be worn with dress slacks. It has a steel core so it will support your Glock 45 well. I don’t carry owb, so don’t have any holster suggestions.
    Haywood and Well_Regulated like this.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

Years ago when I had to wear suits I used a dress belt from Alessi. I don’t know if they still make them but it looked like a high end dress belt and held my EDC very well. IIRC Ken Null also made a beautiful dress belt as well as a double thick belt. I have his double thick and love it.
    OD* likes this.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

The Ratchet Gun Belt (RGB) is 1.5" wide, and is thin enough that it fits my dress pants belt loops while still supporting a double stack without sag. I have the all black version and it complements all my suits just fine. Paired with a pancake holster it's my Sunday and business formal attire standard.
    ShooterGranny and OD* like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I only use dress gun belts, from Beltman.

Glock Sport/Combat holster. Best non retention Glock OWB holster there is.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

If you are wanting a belt that evokes no suspicion, look at Galco SB3 Dress Belt. Not as sturdy as a Beltman, but OK for S&W J Frame/Kahr Arms class handguns. Available in brown or black.
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/sb3-..._254_1266.html

Another vote for https://gunbelts.com/black-slim-steel-dress-gun-belt what I wear .Slim fits and looks good and is steel core so will take most anything
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I use my Daltech Force Bull Hide Leather Belt - Stitched 1.5" Wide in all of my suits. This is not a layered belt. It is oneSingle strip of 1/4” thick bull hide and as I said, it fits through the belt loops in all of my suits. Can be found for around $35 on amazon. As others had indicated, a good pancake style holster works best for holding close. I like Krounds holsters.

Kore Essentials belt paired with a Galco Combat Master holster is my recommendation.

The leather belts and their buckles are "dressy" and are good gun belts.

The Combat Master holster holds gun high and tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster-screenshot_20200128-085319_gallery_1580223219712.jpg  

Dress Pants Carry Belt and Holster-screenshot_20200128-085312_gallery_1580223226850.jpg  

Nmuskier likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome to the DC Forum. I hope that you find answers and suggestions to your questions.

There are a lot of very good leather belt and holster makers that I have used over the years. For dress belts, I have been pleased with Armour Belts. I also have a Red Nichols Sidewinder belt that can be worn for dress with its 1" front and buckle. Armour Belts has changed some of the nomenclature of of their belts since I last ordered and I don't see a "dress belt" listed on the web page, but it appears that the "casual" belt is the one you would want. It is 1/4" thick and you can get a stiffener insert. The "gun" belt is 5/16" thick and considerably stiffer than the other belt and you might have difficulty getting it through some holster openings. I have both the gun belt and dress/casual belt in various colors in the 1 1/4" wide version. Both will support carry handguns. For OWB holsters take a look at the Nelson Eagle Defender Pancake, the Kramer Belt Scabbard pancake, and the Milt Sparks 55N.

Beltman. These are the ready to ship ones.

https://www.thebeltman.net/collections/quick-ship-belts

I have a black one and will be ordering a brown one soon. If you have time, you can get fancy stuff like gator and elephant skin.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links