Driving Holster options? - Page 2

Driving Holster options?

This is a discussion on Driving Holster options? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OneGunTX Maybe, but he's been doing this for years without any problems. I knew that was gonna be the reply. That's called ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Driving Holster options?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    Maybe, but he's been doing this for years without any problems.
    I knew that was gonna be the reply.

That's called confirmation bias.

Just because it "works" does not make it ideal.

It's still a poor practice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like Sticky or Remora holsters. They perform very well for me for a "floating gun".

I can put it between the seat and console, under my leg, in my pocket, etc, and anywhere iwb that happens to work best at the time.

And nothing conceals better in my opinion, because you can put it as deep as you want, to where the grip is barely peaking out of your beltline, if you want.

I've never had any problems with one as far as a gun/holster slipping out. I regularly take my dog on 3 or 4 mile hikes and the gun and holster are in the same place as when I started. From a LCR all the way up to a GP100.

My carry gun for the day also resides in a Sticky holster on my nightstand at night. You can carry your gun and have it with you all day (and night) and it never has to be pulled out of it's holster.

I use a Fist #42 Driving Holster to good effect. DRIVING HOLSTER
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Shoulder holster and a light over shirt. It conceals well easy to access in car and offers easy carry of spare mags also.

ETA: donít skimp and by a cheap one itís truly an area where you get what you pay for I recommend a Galco Jackass or Miami Classic.
    OD* and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I knew that was gonna be the reply.

That's called confirmation bias.

Just because it "works" does not make it ideal.

It's still a poor practice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I would strongly advise following JDís guidance. Itís always ok until the one time...

There is also the issue with people today, you really donít want to be disarming and arming up in public places; itís asking for a problem.
    airslot, OD* and Rock and Glock like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I'm going to echo the shoulder rig solution. The Miami Classic works for me.
    OD* likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    I like sportin' my shoulder holster when driving for long periods of time. I even like wearing it to the movies sitting in those seats.
    airslot, OD* and Rock and Glock like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

G19, and flexible about where. AIWB is uncomfortable....thinking about cross-draw of some sort.
    Rock and Glock and airslot like this.

I use a Bianchi upside down shoulder holster on trips. comfortable and very concealable with easy access.
    Livin' the Life!
    NRA Patron Life Member

If I spent a lot of time driving and needed a reliable holster set-up, I'd opt for a multi-purpose holster like the leather 4-Ways Holster by 1791 Gunleather. This versatile design allows for 4 possible carry positions...IWB, cross-draw, vertical, and horizontal.

1791 Gunleather doesn't make the 4-Ways Holster for my current EDC, so I use my old Remora Original when needed. The Remora worked well for our long drive from Arizona to coastal North Carolina when we moved several years ago, but I'd go with the 4-Way if I spent a lot of time driving or sitting at a desk.

I don't drive a lot of miles a day buy I do travel occasionally . A 13hr drive back to florida changes nothing on how I carry . A MTAC IWB holster at 3:00 adjust with a forward cant that allows for easy access carried high on my side and I can tuck a shirt tail behind the body guard for easy grip access when driving yet still cover the handgun with my arm eldow area from taller passing vehicles . Seat belt locked in does not effect my ability to draw ether and comfort is the same standing or sitting . I've carried the same way some position and holster brand for 16 or 17 years now .

My preference is to keep my gun on me, which is about 4:00, and bring an extra gun that I put in my center console.
    OD* likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links