Pocket Carry For Various Guns And Holsters - Page 5

Pocket Carry For Various Guns And Holsters

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry For Various Guns And Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Workaholic @ 71yancy . I work in an NPE as well. I have questions. You pocket carry in what I'm assuming is ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Pocket Carry For Various Guns And Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    @71yancy. I work in an NPE as well. I have questions. You pocket carry in what I'm assuming is strong side front pocket. What do you do with your keys? When you move it to the back pocket for restaurants, what do you do with your wallet? If your keys go in the weak side front, what do you do with your coins? I'm also going to assume here, that you use one of those very thin wallets of some sort. Could you give me specifics on it as well? Thanks.
    Im not the OP, but I can tell you how I handle this.

My keys are on a D-ring clipped to a belt loop. My wallet is carried in the offside front pocket (left), along with a small flashlight.
    Rear left contains spare mags.

If, I felt the need for quick access in a restaurant, which is rarely, the gun is discreetly removed from my right pocket and placed under my left leg.
    OldChap, Workaholic and Redbert31 like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post

What jeans do you like for deep pockets?

I've got quite a few pairs of Wrangler relaxed jeans from Walmart that I still have. ( Before I stopped shopping Walmart)

I'm gonna have to find something else when it comes time to buy some more because Wrangler changed the pockets on their jeans. They are much smaller now. I'm gonna try Carhartt and Duluth when the time comes. I like lightweight denim because I live in south Texas and I wear jeans year round. So I don't know. I'm thinking Carhartts will be be heavy denim unfortunately.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I really like the RECLUSE wallet holster as can be picked out here based on the gun: https://recluseholster.com/beretta?o...4632b28bca3468

I turned a couple of other guys here onto the Recluse and they also love them. Maybe they'll chime in.
    Yeah, yancy turned me on to the Recluse wallet holster. It's awesome for complete deep conceal, comfortable, and the draw is easy and effective. The more mine gets worn, the better it gets. I only use it once or twice a week when I'm working in a NPE.
    I had my wife stare at it while I was bending, turning, look down from above, etc. and she cannot tell I am carrying whatsoever.
    OldChap and Redbert31 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    I've got quite a few pairs of Wrangler relaxed jeans from Walmart that I still have. ( Before I stopped shopping Walmart)

I'm gonna have to find something else when it comes time to buy some more because Wrangler changed the pockets on their jeans. They are much smaller now. I'm gonna try Carhartt and Duluth when the time comes. I like lightweight denim because I live in south Texas and I wear jeans year round. So I don't know. I'm thinking Carhartts will be be heavy denim unfortunately.
    Check out Blue Mountain jeans. They aren't as deep as Carhartt but definitely deeper than Wrangler. Do you have a Tractor Supply around where you live? Take a gun with you as you try on the jeans in the dressing room. They also aren't real heavy.

Blue Mountain jeans are what I was wearing in the first two pictures of this thread with the Springfield XDs .45 and Kimber K6s revolver.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Check out Blue Mountain jeans. They aren't as deep as Carhartt but definitely deeper than Wrangler. Do you have a Tractor Supply around where you live? Take a gun with you as you try on the jeans in the dressing room. They also aren't real heavy.

Blue Mountain jeans are what I was wearing in the first two pictures of this thread with the Springfield XDs .45 and Kimber K6s revolver.

Thanks 71yancy! Ya, we have a Tractor Supply, it's where I buy Gunner's dog food. I'll check out those Blue Mountain jeans next time I go.

There's also a Duluth Trading store in Katy (Tx) I plan on checking out in the very near future.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Thanks 71yancy! Ya, we have a Tractor Supply, it's where I buy Gunner's dog food. I'll check out those Blue Mountain jeans next time I go.

There's also a Duluth Trading store in Katy (Tx) I plan on checking out in the very near future.
    You can also try on the different styles of Carhartt jeans because they're also sold at Tractor Supply.

Let me know about the Duluth jeans because I've never had a chance to check them out. The more the merrier.

Maybe Gunner would like some new Doggie treats or toy in the meantime.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Maybe Gunner would like some new Doggie treats or toy in the meantime.

HaHa! Gunner doesn't play well with toys. I haven't been able to find one he doesn't eat/destroy. Even those big rubber ones they say are "nearly indestructible" dont last but a day or two.

I got tired of spending all that money on them, so now he just gets my plastic Pepsi bottles when I'm done with them. He's just as happy with one of those as he is with a $20 toy from Petsmart. Lol.
    Redbert31 likes this.

HaHa! Gunner doesn't play well with toys. I haven't been able to find one he doesn't eat/destroy. Even those big rubber ones they say are "nearly indestructible" dont last but a day or two.

I got tired of spending all that money on them, so now he just gets my plastic Pepsi bottles when I'm done with them. He's just as happy with one of those as he is with a $20 toy from Petsmart. Lol.
    If that's his picture on your posts, he looks like some of the Police dogs competing on the TV show each week..."TOP DOG". My wife and I are addicted to it and can't wait for the next one. They are so smart and well trained it's amazing.
    Redbert31 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm gonna have to find something else when it comes time to buy some more because Wrangler changed the pockets on their jeans.
    I can't speak for their jeans because I almost always wear cargo pants, but I can say this: the Wrangler cargo pants from Walmart are VERY inconsistent. One pair will have really deep pockets and the next will be so shallow that my keys will barely fit. They'll also have different styles where one pair's cargo pockets are pleated and the next pair isn't, etc.... Sizing has the same problem, where you can buy three with the exact same size stamped on them, and one will fit correctly, one will be at least a size too small, and one will be so loose it practically falls down.

I'm not sure if it's just inconsistency from Wrangler or if Walmart buys 20 different models of pants.
    Redbert31 likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member
    Duluth Duluthflex standard fit cargos for me. Best pants I've ever had. Haven't worn a pair of jeans in 3 years.
    Redbert31 likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

If that's his picture on your posts, he looks like some of the Police dogs competing on the TV show each week..."TOP DOG". My wife and I are addicted to it and can't wait for the next one. They are so smart and well trained it's amazing.

Ya, that's him. 115 pound, 100% German Shepherd. We like that show also.
    Redbert31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I'm gonna have to find something else when it comes time to buy some more because Wrangler changed the pockets on their jeans.
    I can't speak for their jeans because I almost always wear cargo pants, but I can say this: the Wrangler cargo pants from Walmart are VERY inconsistent. One pair will have really deep pockets and the next will be so shallow that my keys will barely fit. They'll also have different styles where one pair's cargo pockets are pleated and the next pair isn't, etc.... Sizing has the same problem, where you can buy three with the exact same size stamped on them, and one will fit correctly, one will be at least a size too small, and one will be so loose it practically falls down.

I'm not sure if it's just inconsistency from Wrangler or if Walmart buys 20 different models of pants.

That might explain it. A couple of years ago, I went to Walmart and bought a couple of pairs. First time I wore them, I found the pockets to be about 20% smaller in both pairs. Took em back immediately. Haven't tried any since.
    SpringerXD and Redbert31 like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links