Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done. - Page 2

Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.

This is a discussion on Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by G26Raven I just don't find the weight to be an issue. But I think it's not only what you are used to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I just don't find the weight to be an issue. But I think it's not only what you are used to carrying daily (Sig P229) but also how good a belt you have on. If the weight is supported by your belt, and it doesn't feel like your pants are falling off, I don't think it will be an issue.
    Agreed. The hips are one of the strongest points in the human body and they can handle a lot of weight. I wear "instructor" belts exclusively and they're really strong.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

God bless all of you guys, but when I had my P938, I couldn't even tolerate THAT in my pocket. Vive la difference, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Agreed. The hips are one of the strongest points in the human body and they can handle a lot of weight. I wear "instructor" belts exclusively and they're really strong.

What hips are you talking about? What belt?

Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.-surprised-fat-man-25234855.jpg
    SpringerXD and G26Raven like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    God bless all of you guys, but when I had my P938, I couldn't even tolerate THAT in my pocket. Vive la difference, I guess.
    Understood. Human beings are versatile creatures and what works for some won't work for others. I have several IWB holsters, but they have only ever been comfortable for me when standing or walking. Even then, I find it a bit annoying after a while with the back of the holster pressed against my hip, regardless of the material.

I tried OWB briefly. It's more comfortable, but I would need a total circus tent of a shirt to conceal anything.

I recently got a SmartCarry. It's okay, but it still prints somewhat and I'm not sure how comfortable it would be if worn all day.

I hate shoulder holsters with a passion. I tried a belly band once. Nope.

I'm sure I could get used to anything with practice, but the elusive "all day comfort" has only been achieved for me with pocket carry.
    G26Raven likes this.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    I am in this boat. Anything bigger or heavier than an LCP and its going on my belt. Of course I hate stuff in my pockets anyway. I don't carry change or keys in pants pockets. Not much of anything except for a thin card size front pocket wallet and a clip knife maybe a quick strip otherwise my pockets are empty. I like comfortable pants but, not baggy.
    G26Raven and Wavygravy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    What hips are you talking about? What belt?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surprised-fat-man-25234855.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	314898
    Gee, thanks.....I can’t unsee that dang it......
    G26Raven, 71yancy and Arejay like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I am in this boat. Anything bigger or heavier than an LCP and its going on my belt. Of course I hate stuff in my pockets anyway. I don't carry change or keys in pants pockets. Not much of anything except for a thin card size front pocket wallet and a clip knife maybe a quick strip otherwise my pockets are empty. I like comfortable pants but, not baggy.
    Yep, same here. My Shield will fit in the front slash pocket of my cargos, but no way. Not gonna carry a masonry block around in there. I do carry other stuff in other pockets like keys, wallet, change, etc, but the LCPII is as heavy as I wanna go in there. "Real" pistol IWB on my belt carries just fine.
    BHC and forester58 like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I ain't got no problem with the weight of a gun in my pocket. But when I first started pocket carrying, I was like "this ain't gonna work", but after a week of doing it, I didn't even know it was there. And like G26Raven said, you need a good belt.

I agree with Wavygravy, no soft sided pocket holster with a striker with no manual safety for me. Those go in a kydex pocket holster at my house. I've tried pulling the trigger on my 9mm shield (unloaded, with a snap cap of course) inside a Sticky holster and was successful. It took a little bit to make it happen, but it happened, and that's all I needed to see. I also tried it with my LCR DAO revolver and my Kahr CW380 and could not replicate the results with either, so I'm good with a soft sided holster with a double action.

Distinguished Member
    "I agree with Wavygravy, no soft sided pocket holster with a striker with no manual safety for me. Those go in a kydex pocket holster at my house. I've tried pulling the trigger on my 9mm shield (unloaded, with a snap cap of course) inside a Sticky holster and was successful. It took a little bit to make it happen, but it happened, and that's all I needed to see. I also tried it with my LCR DAO revolver and my Kahr CW380 and could not replicate the results with either, so I'm good with a soft sided holster with a double action." @rlggray

Yep. I did the same w/ my LCPII.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

BHC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Yep, same here. My Shield will fit in the front slash pocket of my cargos, but no way. Not gonna carry a masonry block around in there. I do carry other stuff in other pockets like keys, wallet, change, etc, but the LCPII is as heavy as I wanna go in there. "Real" pistol IWB on my belt carries just fine.
    You just need a pair of these.....assuming you don't already have a pair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.-subs-pants.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by forester58
    Anything bigger or heavier than an LCP and its going on my belt.
    My LCP II goes IWB, and I love it there. I actually forget I'm carrying it.
    forester58 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BHC View Post
    You just need a pair of these.....assuming you don't already have a pair.

Those would work well with a SmartCarry....
    G26Raven and BHC like this.

-miklcolt45

I sometimes pocket carry my P365 in an Alabama pocket holster.
    Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.

I carried my G26 as a secondary gun in the left pocket of our 5.11 uniform pants. Not pants I would wear off duty. And way too much weight for every day pocket carry.
    Wavygravy, G26Raven and Tundra5.7 like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I carried my G26 as a secondary gun in the left pocket of our 5.11 uniform pants. Not pants I would wear off duty. And way too much weight for every day pocket carry.
    I have a friend that pocket carries a G27 but he is about 6'5" and 300 pounds. Rarely does he wear anything other than cargo style shorts or pants. Claims it does not bother him and it conceals well on him. I tried pocket carry with the subcompact Glocks and I can't do it. The P365 is the largest I have been able to pocket carry comfortably and still be concealed well. Even then I have certain pants where it just will not work.
    G26Raven and 10thmtn like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links