Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.

This is a discussion on Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday, for my visit to the Utah State Capitol, I pocket carried my P365 in my Vedder pocket holster. Yes, carrying a weapon is legal ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.

Yesterday, for my visit to the Utah State Capitol, I pocket carried my P365 in my Vedder pocket holster. Yes, carrying a weapon is legal in the state Capitol building here. No gun buster signs, no metal detectors, no wands, no searches, nada. I was actually kind of surprised at the lack of security. I left my video tripod in a long case that kind of looks like a bazooka, my video back pack, my jacket, and a sweatshirt in a corner outside one of the legislative meeting rooms for 45 minutes and nobody disturbed it. Utah Highway Patrol officers everywhere, but they were very mellow and I spoke with several different officers during the day. Not one of them asked me if I was carrying. But I digress.

The organizer of the rally took kind of a different approach and asked everyone who attended the rally to carry concealed, which it appeared everyone respected. I carried my P365 while wearing 5.11 pants. You can see the way my outfit looked below. No sign of printing while standing still. Will this method of carry work with every type of pants on the market? Absolutely not. But it works with most of my wardrobe, including several different types of pants. Will it work with blue jeans? Nope.

Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.-p365-pocket.jpg

Carrying P365 in pocket holster? It can be done.-normal-thumb-position.jpg
    You are your own first responder.

Look into "Sticky" holsters... I sell a LOT OF THEM to customers... for Pocket, IWB carry anywhere on the body.... That's why they're called "Sticky" about 26.00 retail...
    The SM-5 Holster will fit your 365.......How do I know?? I sell a LOT OF THEM (Holsters and guns)

https://stickyholsters.com/
    G26Raven likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Look into "Sticky" holsters... I sell a LOT OF THEM to customers... for Pocket, IWB carry anywhere on the body.... That's why they're called "Sticky" about 26.00 retail...
    The SM-5 Holster will fit your 365.......How do I know?? I sell a LOT OF THEM (Holsters and guns)

https://stickyholsters.com/
    For me -- no Sticky on a striker-fired 5-6 lb. trigger pistol w/ no safety. Anywhere on my body. Everyone else can Stick 'em wherever they want to.
    My striker w/ no safety goes in a kydex pocket holster like G26Raven's.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    For me -- no Sticky on a striker-fired 5-6 lb. trigger pistol w/ no safety. Anywhere on my body. Everyone else can Stick 'em wherever they want to.
    My striker w/ no safety goes in a kydex pocket holster like G26Raven's.
    I have a Sticky for my XDS. Trust me, it would take a superhuman effort to pull the trigger through the holster.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I have a Sticky for my XDS. Trust me, it would take a superhuman effort to pull the trigger through the holster.
    I have two Sticky holsters, Springer. I use one in the outside zippered pocket of my fishing vest sometimes, just not in pants pockets or stuck IWB. To each his own comfort level.
    SpringerXD and G26Raven like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Will it work with blue jeans? Nope.
    Maybe not some jeans, but I think it would work with relaxed fit jeans that are looser than others. I haven't tried my P365 in my jeans because I find the weight of a 1 lb. gun and heavier is uncomfortable when I walk. But I suspect there are some on this forum (and certainly on the Sig forum) that pocket carry a P365 with jeans. As with all things concealed carry, what works for some won't work for others.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Maybe not some jeans, but I think it would work with relaxed fit jeans that are looser than others. I haven't tried my P365 in my jeans because I find the weight of a 1 lb. gun and heavier is uncomfortable when I walk. But I suspect there are some on this forum (and certainly on the Sig forum) that pocket carry a P365 with jeans. As with all things concealed carry, what works for some won't work for others.
    Yeah, carry methods are a very personal choice. There are people who swear by the Cell Pal/Hide-It Holster, or the SmartCarry, or ankle holsters, or the Urban Carry, etc...., yet these methods get a lot of flack on the forums. Conversely, I get annoyed with people who demand that everyone carry IWB in a holster that's as thick as a baseball glove.
    71yancy, Wavygravy and G26Raven like this.

-miklcolt45

Been making a number of upscale pocket holsters for the P365. I keep all the exotic scraps and have some grab bags too. That throat accent makes great use of pieces I usually can't do anything with. These are 5 oz leather, lined. Not claiming they are ultra thin, but they are nice. Done a brown with ostrich knee, black with ostrich knee, and have some lizard I need to use too.

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

BHC
    Just got a Boraii pocket holster. Really like it. Adds zero thickness, impossible to pull trigger and easy to draw.
    G26Raven and 71yancy like this.

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    I front pocket carry my P365 with ArmaLaser TR27G in a Blackhawk #4 holster. Wearing jeans.
    G26Raven likes this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Not in my jeans-I wear tall-slim. I would look like Barney Fife trying to draw from a pocket. Not a fan of baggy jeans.
    G26Raven likes this.

Not to mention even if you could pull the trigger alone, the XDs still wouldn't fire.
    G26Raven and SpringerXD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    It's what you get used to and train yourself to become more comfortable with heavier loaded guns in the pocket. I was the same way at around a pound. Now my high upper limit is 28-29 oz. as long as it doesn't bulge out like a cantaloupe in the pocket. Pants material, pockets, and the holster really matter along with the right dimensions of the gun itself.
    G26Raven, BHC, spclopr8tr and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    It's what you get used to and train yourself to become more comfortable with heavier loaded guns in the pocket. I was the same way at around a pound. Now my high upper limit is 28-29 oz. as long as it doesn't bulge out like a cantaloupe in the pocket. Pants material, pockets, and the holster really matter along with the right dimensions of the gun itself.
    Same here. Weight-wise, I can tolerate anything shy of a Desert Eagle in the right front pocket but concealment is a whole different animal.
    G26Raven and 71yancy like this.

-miklcolt45

Same here. Weight-wise, I can tolerate anything shy of a Desert Eagle in the right front pocket but concealment is a whole different animal.
    I just don't find the weight to be an issue. But I think it's not only what you are used to carrying daily (Sig P229) but also how good a belt you have on. If the weight is supported by your belt, and it doesn't feel like your pants are falling off, I don't think it will be an issue.
    SpringerXD and 71yancy like this.
    You are your own first responder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links