Carrying while exercising - Page 2

Carrying while exercising

This is a discussion on Carrying while exercising within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; P3AT with bellyband. Gun just in front of right hip. Spyderco C07 slipped on at SOB....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Carrying while exercising

P3AT with bellyband. Gun just in front of right hip. Spyderco C07 slipped on at SOB.

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    My usual exercise program is done at a private club. On bad days I use my handicapped parking privileges and hobble into the club room. On good days I park at the far end of the parking lot and hobble into the club room. My usual exercise routine is 12-ounce elbow curls, 4 or 5 reps. Then I hobble back to the parking lot and go home, relax in my La-Z-Boy recliner until supper time.

This retirement gig is pretty tough. I doubt that very many of you young folks could keep up with me. But I have many years of experience so I wouldn't expect amateurs to be competitive.
    TSKnight, DrummerMike and sledman like this.

Blackhawk size 4. It weighs next to nothing (less than 1 ounce) and takes up very little room in your pocket.

I pair it with my LCR, which also weighs next to nothing. (13.2 ounces)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carrying while exercising-screenshot_20200223-163510_gallery_1582497325448.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hick63 View Post
    I don't use a special holster when I bike, but then I don't bike for excercise, so I try not to sweat.

I've heard good things about Pistol Wear. May want to give them a try.
    Yep, I use a Pistol Wear Pt-2 when I run, I also throw my key and I.D in there too, not the fastest to retrieve but it is waterproof so your sweat doesn't get through it. I don't bike as much as I used to but my mountain bike has a nice handlebar bag that holds a firearm nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Walking and bicycle riding are my two main exercise activities. I do both while carrying with my regular IWB set-ups. Before I lost some weight, I carried in a pancake kydex IWB at 3:00. Now its an AIWB clamshell holster at 11:30.

One of my criteria for a carry holster is the ability to do my complete range of physical activities while using it. No special holsters for driving, running, exercising, etc.
    I run and bike in a basketball type short and I cannot see using my everyday setup in this way, even with a string type waistband it still does not work.
    Beretta 92 FS Compact Inox
    CZ 2075 RAMI
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Walther PPS

Thanks for all the input. I do some pretty serious mountain bike riding and when running I feel that the impact is too much for my everyday setup for running, I am going to check out the Pistol Wear option.
    Last edited by DrummerMike; February 24th, 2020 at 03:48 PM.
    CZ 2075 RAMI
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Walther PPS

I just survived an unarmed walk around the block. I like living life on the edge. And that way I don't have to hold my gym shorts up as I walk.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrummerMike View Post
    I run and bike in a basketball type short and I cannot see using my everyday setup in this way, even with a string type waistband it still does not work.
    Shorts with belt loops are a must for my exercise attire, allowing me to carry as I always do.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Walking and bicycle riding are my two main exercise activities. I do both while carrying with my regular IWB set-ups. Before I lost some weight, I carried in a pancake kydex IWB at 3:00. Now its an AIWB clamshell holster at 11:30.

One of my criteria for a carry holster is the ability to do my complete range of physical activities while using it. No special holsters for driving, running, exercising, etc.
    I concur.
    Mike1956 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I just survived an unarmed walk around the block. I like living life on the edge. And that way I don't have to hold my gym shorts up as I walk.
    Lose some weight, get a new knee, and the next thing you know, unarmed walks around the block.
    OldVet likes this.

Lose some weight, get a new knee(s), and the next thing you know, unarmed walks around the block.
    Get it right. Now I'm ready for that butt-kicking contest with the one-legged man.
    Mike1956 and retired badge 1 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When Mountain Biking I carry my G27 in a hip pack, (no fanny pack on me!). It keeps the pistol available from several different clock locations.
    Mike1956 and DrummerMike like this.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armado View Post
    When Mountain Biking I carry my G27 in a hip pack, (no fanny pack on me!). It keeps the pistol available from several different clock locations.
    If I didn't have an extremely effective on-body carry option, that is how I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by armado View Post
    Thanks, this seems like a good options as well. I do not bike for casual rides around the lake, I do some pretty hard core mountain biking and when I am not biking, I am running not out for a walk. I absolutely do not wear any shorts with belt loops when doing either of these activities so I simply cannot carry with my Tier1 Axis Slim the way I usually do. I appreciate all the feedback and know that everyone does things differently.
    CZ 2075 RAMI
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Walther PPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links