"Man" purse with shoulder strap? - Page 7

"Man" purse with shoulder strap?

This is a discussion on "Man" purse with shoulder strap? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Arejay Do you think it'd be okay for a woman to pick out a man purse for a gift ? Or do ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: "Man" purse with shoulder strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    Do you think it'd be okay for a woman to pick out a man purse for a gift ? Or do you think that would work out as bad as a man picking out a purse for a gal ?
    I wouldn't dare pick out a purse for any of the women in my life. Oh no, never.
    My wife bought me a man purse last Christmas so I know it must not look girly.
    Havent carried it. Yet!
    I bought her many purses, Coach etc., a half of a shelf in a closet worth.

She don't use any of them.
    When traveling use my 25 year old briefcase with saddle pockets that I know where everything is in. And everything I need to grab & go is in it.
    1gunsnowbird and baren like this.

The closest I’ll allow myself to go in THAT direction is the venerable Belly Bag. It screams “gun” to me, but nobody’s ever made an inquiry.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 31 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Patriot Benefactor Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO. IDPA, USPSA, STEEL CHALLENGE competitor. RETIRED Social Studies Educator as of 12/7/2018

It’s a satchel. Others call it a man purse. I’m diabetic, so there is a need to carry stuff. Haven’t carried a gun, but everything else I need in a package including fire, food and meds goes there. I throw it in the truck. Have carried from there at times.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/knife-sh...e1590113220195

Ryan’s a class act and is a talent.
    surefire7 and Pete63 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Scroll to bottom of that page. ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Attachment 326362

But he did wear a Wig and lots of pink so..........
    And his real name was Marion.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Even in 1989 people made fun of fanny packs. Shame though as I think they would be really handy.
    I live in Las Vegas, and b4 B.S.19 practically every tourist wore fanny pack. Now I live in a ghost town...
    MMinSC likes this.

Check out http://ebags.com lots of pictures. M
    MMinSC and 1gunsnowbird like this.

This link leads to a very interesting article that may be an answer:
    https://www.guns.com/news/2018/02/22...tive-edc-video
    1gunsnowbird and Rexster like this.

I picked one of these last month for my normal back and forth to work bag...got it in the black/shadow grey....may be a bit big than you are wanting but worth a look...I ordered direct from them..was cheaper than on amazon. https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/t...m-cordura.html you could also check out edcforums.com they have a edc bag sub forum.
    graydude, OD* and 1gunsnowbird like this.

Quote Originally Posted by malexone View Post
    I live in Las Vegas, and b4 B.S.19 practically every tourist wore fanny pack. Now I live in a ghost town...
    Every town I ever lived in was a tourist town and you're right, tourists all seem to love fanny packs! Hope you get back to normal soon. Charleston is quite busy now. Bars and restuarants are full. Some have reopened in an hysterical manner with lots of kabuki theatre so I have to skip those but most are normal- same amount of barstools/tables, etc. Seems like half the license plates I see are NC,NJ,PA,NY,OH. People escaping their lockdowns.
    1gunsnowbird and Pete63 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P220 View Post
    Itís a satchel. Others call it a man purse. Iím diabetic, so there is a need to carry stuff. Havenít carried a gun, but everything else I need in a package including fire, food and meds goes there. I throw it in the truck. Have carried from there at times.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/knife-sh...e1590113220195

Ryanís a class act and is a talent.
    I DO love good leather work like this. ^^^^ Thanks!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

No doubt. Me too! Glad to help. He just delivered my 2 of his SC2’s. Came in yesterday. He is consistent on a 13 week turnaround.
    Pete63 likes this.

*SMR2 Lined.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Man" purse with shoulder strap?-221e6a00-b3fa-4da8-b174-d66e5ae4eee4_1590255334233.jpeg  

Pete63 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar

Different Approaches/Ideas

For a bit of a different angle, consider that a bag, whether worn on a sling, a harness, a shoulder strap, or a waist strap, allows one to have that much more room inside oneís pockets, for oneís actual weapons. If personnel at a check-point want to see inside the bag, well, no problem, sir, here, have a look. The bag can hold oneís totally innocent things, such as large mobile phones, tablets, meds, emergency medical supplies, lights, and such. (I am not advocating the violation of laws. This is about places where weapons are not illegal, but where one must tip-toe around the social-acceptability of weapons.)

I am warming-up to the idea of a body armor panel, inside a bag, to complement a day-pack-sized backpack, I already have, that accommodates a SAPI-sized plate or panel. (I wore body armor for almost 34 years, so am used to the idea, and have several flexible and rigid panels.)

The bag, depending upon how is is positioned, can be used to help visually shield an IWB-carried or AIWB-carried weapon from view, an additional layer to mitigate ďprinting.Ē (FWIW, I tend use AIWB for carrying a fixed or folding blade, rather than a firearm. I have no desire to derail this discussion into yet another AIWB debate, please.)

Just some thoughts.
    Pete63, 1gunsnowbird and OD* like this.

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar
    Thanks to you all. Rexster, I never considered using it for my everyday stuff and CCing the weapon on my body. I, too, like AIWB for a pistol; that or 3:30 depending on my mood and the gun (P365 or Glock 42). I've never had the pleasure of wearing body armor, but the idea of a plate in my attache case makes a lot of sense. As for a blade, I'm afraid my wife wouldn't let me carry one: I might cut myself. :-) I do have a folding knife designed by Mel Pardue and manufactured by Benchmade. I've had it for about 20 years and have opened letters and cut fishing line with it, but if it ever came to defending myself with it against someone who knew what they were doing Ö well, it wouldn't be pretty for the home team.
    OD* and Rexster like this.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links