Choked from the front

Choked from the front

This is a discussion on Choked from the front within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These are from a h2h/knife course I put on in Fla in 2010. Not offered as THE way, just another way. The sequence represents just ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Choked from the front

Choked from the front

These are from a h2h/knife course I put on in Fla in 2010.

Not offered as THE way, just another way.

The sequence represents just under 2 seconds to take down. Under control in less than 1.
    Attached Images            

Ex Member
    If that's who I think it is, he drove all the way from Maryland to be your crash dummy in that particular demo...

This guy's name is Kevin, he's from Texas. Only person to take a palm heel strike in a mock up attack at 60% [ we work at 25-30% ] in the course. He came 100%, took me by surprise and I went 100% speed to meet it and just got it dialed back to 60 by the time I tapped him. He fell to his knees and took several minutes to regain his composure, but the lesson wasn't lost on everyone who saw it. The palm heel will put someone down in a hurry at full speed,

I've got this years h2h/knfe coming up in Fla in 6 weeks. This is one of the skills we cover in the choke skills from front and rear.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

You are right about the palm heel strike. It will knock someone loose real quick...
    AzQkr, Mike1956, truckie and 5 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

I don't have that kind of training shown in the pictures, but I can very much attest to a well placed palm strike solving several close quarters problems I've had over the years. I can't kick you, but I can relocate your nose to the inside of your head or make your ear feel like Hiroshima.
    AzQkr, Mike1956, redmc and 1 others like this.

A good solid upward hit with the heel of your hand on the nose can be fatal. I have found that a hard hit on both ears at the same time worked well for me.
    Dave909, Hoganbeg, AzQkr and 3 others like this.

The groin works well too from a wheelchair, though I've only resorted to it once. The rest of the time they just had to get down in my face and mouth off during the assault. I mean, if you're going to offer me the target, I'm gonna take it.
    Kennfd, msgt/ret, AzQkr and 2 others like this.

I'm all about this stuff. Unfortunately in my job, I have to wear a tie! Can't use a clip on either. Dumbest piece of clothing ever developed. It screams "Angry person grab this"...
    Kennfd, AzQkr, BadgerJ and 2 others like this.

flh
    Very impressive sir I wish more people took/trained in self defense , there cw is not always going to be obtainable option

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Good stuff! That's one of the variations that I have learned. The attacker has already given up several of their weapons when they grab you like that while leaving you with multiple options on countering.
    Hoganbeg, AzQkr, Mike1956 and 1 others like this.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; all others are condemned to it.

Pax Armis Acquiritur

G-43
    G-19 gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    I have to wear a tie! Can't use a clip on either. Dumbest piece of clothing ever developed. It screams "Angry person grab this"...
    When I had to wear a tie at work (fire department) I used one of these. Looks real but if grabbed will pull right off. Mine were black but I have seen other colors online.
    Choked from the front-veltie-1_black-415811069.jpg
    Mike1956, msgt/ret, AzQkr and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennfd View Post
    When I had to wear a tie at work (fire department) I used one of these. Looks real but if grabbed will pull right off. Mine were black but I have seen other colors online.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	veltie-1_black-415811069.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	198098
    Excellent! Where can I buy one?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    I'm all about this stuff. Unfortunately in my job, I have to wear a tie! Can't use a clip on either. Dumbest piece of clothing ever developed. It screams "Angry person grab this"...
    Just remember that if your assailant is wearing one, it's one more weapon at your disposal. That knot can be put to good use.

And never forget, while we're on the subject of hand combat, the tried and true rake/jab to the old peepers. They might still be a raging lunatic, but they'll be a groping/flailing raging lunatic if done right.

I’ve never had any H2H training and I know it is in the script when on TV someone getting choked from the front the victim always grabs the aggressor’s hands or wrists. Me I am going to box their ears, punch them in the throat, gouge their eyes or if possible a nice swift kick to the family jewels because I know I do not have the strength to pull their hands away.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links