Put the horse before the cart - Page 4

Put the horse before the cart

This is a discussion on Put the horse before the cart within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bikenut A little humor: Sign above a urinal in a gas station bathroom: We aim to please. You aim too please. Make ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Put the horse before the cart

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    A little humor:

Sign above a urinal in a gas station bathroom:

We aim to please. You aim too please.
    Make sure your handhold is mastered first, before you try to aim
    Wavygravy, G-man* and OD* like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Make sure your handhold is mastered first, before you try to aim
    ^^^ Heheh. You described the video without the troublesome semantics and ensuing argument.
    AzQkr and OD* like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71yancy View Post
    I've spent 22 years on multiple pool forums (pocket billiards) and there's NO SUBJECT that has caused more debates, disagreements, arguments, flame wars, name calling and hostility, moderators trying to be referees, and BAN after BAN than AIMING OR DIFFERENT AIMING SYSTEMS!

It's mind numbing. You have the pool players who aim...pool players who have different methods or systems for aiming...and players who say they DO NOT have an aiming system. They just see the pocket and the two balls and BINGO, they take the shot and balls go in based on "feel or the subconscious mind from repetition".

Then you also have somebody who uses a certain specific way of aiming vs. another who sees and does something else and they get into flame wars over which aiming method is better while ripping the other system to shreds. What it ends up being is a d*ck measuring contest between the different factions.

I never thought I'd see it on a GUN forum. It's just a matter of time where a minimalist aimer or non-aimer will bring up the scenario of "if you sling a playing card into the air or a silver dollar and hit it after drawing from a holstered gun...where does the aiming come into play and how important was it" to bolster their argument.

The other argument that eventually creeps in is "is it the AIMING or THE STROKE" that's more important in pool.
    Poke and hope, spray and pray, the analogies are numerous.
    OD* and AzQkr like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    "Sighted" fire?

Ok. I quit. Don't wanna get banned.
    Day's not over.

AzQkr, Mike1956 and Bikenut like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You think thatís bad, try a traditional archery forum where the debate is between instinctive, or shooting the gap vs aiming, which are incredibly similar to pistol craft sighting methods.
    Guy and Dan Fitzgerald get into a lot of what you describe as far as archery....My first bow years ago was a Team Fitzgerald PSE bow.
    I believe that now Mathews has put a lot of money in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    It is kind of telling that a video about trigger control somehow turned into another "sighted VS. unsighted" fire thread".
    Put the blame on me i should have done a better job explaining my purpose for the thread.

It is kind of telling that a video about trigger control somehow turned into another "sighted VS. unsighted" fire thread".
    I see no mention of sighted vs unsighted fire in this thread, and I've reread it twice. Kindly quote what you're referring to, I may have missed it reading every post TWICE.

A little humor:

Sign above a urinal in a gas station bathroom:

We aim to please. You aim too please.
    Sadly that will probably be lost on a lot of people in this country who still donít know the difference between two, to, and too.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Sadly that will probably be lost on a lot of people in this country who still donít know the difference between two, to, and too.
    irregardless...
    Havok and OD* like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

I see no mention of sighted vs unsighted fire in this thread, and I've reread it twice. Kindly quote what you're referring to, I may have missed it reading every post TWICE.
    Other's got what I was getting at.......I guess it depends on what your definition of "aiming" is.

Sorry if it went over you.
    homo homini lupus est

Other's got what I was getting at.......I guess it depends on what your definition of "aiming" is.

Sorry if it went over you.
    It went over me? Aiming has nothing to do with sighted or unsighted fire. Others got it? Please explain it, cause I still see NO hint of what you claim exists in this thread/

Build the bridge for the rest of us.

Now might be a good time to close this the thread....I said my peace and admitted where i was wrong.
    There is no sense arguing over anything in this thread any longer.
    Lets all try and be a cut above and remember we are all hear for the same reason.
    Bikenut likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Now might be a good time to close this the thread....I said my peace and admitted where i was wrong.
    There is no sense arguing over anything in this thread any longer.
    Lets all try and be a cut above and remember we are all hear for the same reason.
    Simply because something wasn't elucidated clearly doesn't automatically make you wrong IMO.

And I await the clarification of the bridge someone seems to have built where there was no mention of either end of the bridge in this thread.

Simply because something wasn't elucidated clearly doesn't automatically make you wrong IMO.

And I await the clarification of the bridge someone seems to have built where there was no mention of either end of the bridge in this thread.
    I get it but my intent was not to stir a uproar on here....Sometimes i think it is best to find another subject we can debate and leave
    some things in the rear view mirror
    AzQkr likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links