Managing Conflict while armed

This is a discussion on Managing Conflict while armed within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thereís always a lot of talking about firearms manipulation and shooting here, however, I donít think there is enough training on this topic. Its long, ...

Like Tree25Likes
  • 14 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By MillennialNorth
  • 6 Post By entertainment72
  • 4 Post By 1942bull

Thread: Managing Conflict while armed

Thereís always a lot of talking about firearms manipulation and shooting here, however, I donít think there is enough training on this topic.

Its long, but much more valuable than page after page of caliber wars and shooting classes, imo.

" Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Good video, thanks. I think every person who goes armed should not only watch it, but believe it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Patience and long suffering is getting to be a lost art. Those videos are a great demonstration of what can go wrong. Enjoyed the clip about Audie Murhpy!
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Always thought de escalation skills should be a BIG part of CPL classes. Unfortunately, its not and neither are a lot of other necessary things. As to the nut job in Florida, I hope justice is served him. He already has given a black eye to a very good group of people. Another thing to keep in mind on the OC debate (that's never settled) is de escalation is seriously damaged if something is started. And no I don't believe it works as a deterrent.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    Chicagobill likes this.

The best fight is the one you don't get in.

Rory Miller, who some of you know is a career corrections officer and author has a good book "ConCom: Conflict Communication, A New Paradigm in Conscious Communication" It is about applying techniques used to talk convicts down from violent action to all kinds of conflict communication. It is not a smooth read, partially because of the uncomfortable subject matter and partially because of the way Miller writes, but it is great information that contains some effective strategies for deescalation.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member
    And I tought evryone understood how to deescalate a a confrontation. I have a simple rule. If it not worth dying for it is not worth fighting for. Want my parking space, my place in line then you can have it. try to hurt me and you will understand UGLY.
    BBMike, Vexmaw, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Sponsored Links