There Are No Defensive Shooting Experts - Page 6

There Are No Defensive Shooting Experts

This is a discussion on There Are No Defensive Shooting Experts within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Frodebro Notice that Wiki lists his cause of death (in the right column) "Homicide (shot by police)". Well, he was killed as ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: There Are No Defensive Shooting Experts

Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    Notice that Wiki lists his cause of death (in the right column) "Homicide (shot by police)".
    Well, he was killed as a result of an intentional volitional act by another human being.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    Well, he was killed as a result of an intentional volitional act by another human being.
    He was waving a rifle around in front of cops. That's generally known by most to be a very bad idea, with the end result being rather predictable. Was the officer that shot him charged with homicide? Did the coroner's report list his death as a homicide? Or was it just some dude with an agenda that decided to add it to the Wiki entry?
    Bad Bob likes this.

He was waving a rifle around in front of cops. That's generally known by most to be a very bad idea, with the end result being rather predictable. Was the officer that shot him charged with homicide? Did the coroner's report list his death as a homicide? Or was it just some dude with an agenda that decided to add it to the Wiki entry?
    Homicide isnít necessarily a crime. It simply means the act of one human being killing another.
    OD*, AzQkr, Secret Spuk and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    On the death certificates of those executed by the state/federal government, are listed as homicides.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    On the death certificates of those executed by the state/federal government, are listed as homicides.
    I find this interesting, though I'm not a lawyer or LEO, so it has just always been my assumption that homicide was attributable to intent. Or is that where it steps up to murder?
    OD* and gatorbait51 like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    I find this interesting, though I'm not a lawyer or LEO, so it has just always been my assumption that homicide was attributable to intent. Or is that where it steps up to murder?
    That, I do not know sir?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    That, I do not know sir?
    It just seems to me that a police shooting where there was an implied threat (the rifle) would be classified as something other than 'homicide', much like a legitimate self defense shooting should be simply called what it is-a legitimate self defense shooting.
    OD* and gatorbait51 like this.

Sponsor
    It just seems to me that a police shooting where there was an implied threat (the rifle) would be classified as something other than 'homicide', much like a legitimate self defense shooting should be simply called what it is-a legitimate self defense shooting.
    Justifiable homicide is what you commit when you shoot and kill someone in SD. There are degrees of homicide, intent covers one of those, 1st degree murder if it's not justified.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Justifiable homicide is what you commit when you shoot and kill someone in SD. There are degrees of homicide, intent covers one of those, 1st degree murder if it's not justified.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    AzQkr and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    https://legaldictionary.net/homicide/:

"Homicide is defined as the taking of a personís life, regardless of the intent or the circumstances surrounding the death. This means that a homicide is not necessarily a murder, but may be caused by an accident, an execution, or even abortion. Homicide itself is not necessarily a crime, though the circumstances that resulted in the individualís death may raise it to a criminal level."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post

There are four kinds of homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable, and praiseworthy." ~ Ambrose Bierce
    Bad Bob, AzQkr, Frodebro and 3 others like this.

NRA Patron Member

Nice Guy was Mal. He was going with the Beatles to a Concert in Widnes. A fairly large Town were both my Mum and Dad were born. Had a strange Bridge across the River Mersey. A transporter, you drove on to a platform, and it swung you and your Car across to the other side, then you were in Cheshire. A real bridge there now.
    I told him to be careful, keep away from the teenagers! He came back with a broken nose, courtesy of a head butt! In Liverpool, we call that a Liverpool kiss! In Glasgow Scotland, a Glasgow handshake!
    I found a palm strike offered the same result! Didn't hurt you at all.
    That transporter bridge? Group of American Servicemen (Been partaking of good Ale?) drove their car through the gate! and fell some 30 ft, into the mud. The river was a tidal one, could have been a high tide, they would most likely be drowned, low tide, just rocks! The river rose, and fell, 23ft, with the tide out to the Irish sea.
    But this exact level, just deep mud! The car lost, the Yanks, cuts and bruises only.
    Mike1956, TSKnight and OD* like this.

AzQkr and TSKnight like this.

Well, American Rifleman publishes successful events every month regardless of expertise.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

A death is classified by the medical examiner or coroner.
    Where I grew up. A death is classified as, Natural, Accidental, Suicide, Homicide, or a CUPPI. ( CUPPI means Circumstances undetermined pending police investigation.)

Homicide is not a crime but a finding by a medical examiner...

The crime is murder.
    Murder happens in varying degree's from premeditated with malace aforethought to Abortion.
    OD*, Mike1956, Frodebro and 4 others like this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links