Great common sense article of general carry - Page 2

Great common sense article of general carry

This is a discussion on Great common sense article of general carry within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Plan for the worst and hope for the best. My personal opinion is mindset and luck cover about 95%. The other 5% is what hardware, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Great common sense article of general carry

Plan for the worst and hope for the best. My personal opinion is mindset and luck cover about 95%. The other 5% is what hardware, training, and experience you have.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    Well, I have said some of this here, before, and it has been met with incredulous responses...but I am not dissuaded from whole heartily agreeing with what he said.
    Yep...Me too...Situational awareness comes to mind.
    OldChap likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Excellent article with which I agree and have made similar posting here. I wanted to read it again and found that the page has been removed from Gun Mag Warehouse website. I would like to know the back story on why. Anyone knoW.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    the link brings up a 404 page not found error for me.

Bad link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I can't even find out where it went...strange.

Shhhh, we donít want people thinking they can survive without thousands of hours of instruction.
    OldChap likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Shhhh, we donít want people thinking they can survive without thousands of hours of instruction.
    So your saying they can?...What a revelation

Gunsight, formed in 1976 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD. 45 years
    LFI, formed 1974 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD [ 47 years ]
    Front site, formed 1996 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD [ 25 years ]

The 3 above are responsible for at least a couple hundred thousand people seeking training between them in the last half century. Are those people who attended and continue to attend just hoodwinked by master marketers?
    Mike1956 and dennis40x like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Gunsight, formed in 1976 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD. 45 years
    LFI, formed 1974 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD [ 47 years ]
    Front site, formed 1996 by a master marketer to train citizens in firearms SD [ 25 years ]

The 3 above are responsible for at least a couple hundred thousand people seeking training between them in the last half century. Are those people who attended and continue to attend just hoodwinked by master marketers?
    I don't know that they are hoodwinked, but I bet many of them are repeat students who have become training junkies.

This topic in and of it self could be a very long thread.
    AzQkr likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    404, page not found
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

IMO, no, most client trainees haven't been hoodwinked, although some may have become obsessed with it to the point of excess. They sought training and got what they paid for: they are better prepared; from their increased interest and awareness of the subject are probably better able to avoid trouble in the first place; and, if a firing solution becomes the best or only option they're more likely to survive than someone without shooting skills training. For some it has also become a hobby they enjoy.

There's a lot of gray area in this. Those who say "you'll die without training!" and those who say "training is a waste of time and money!" are both off the mark... there's a sweet spot in between for most people in managing the risks of their lives while still living a full and productive life.
    AzQkr, Chuck R. and OldChap like this.

IMO, no, most client trainees haven't been hoodwinked, although some may have become obsessed with it to the point of excess. They sought training and got what they paid for: they are better prepared; from their increased interest and awareness of the subject are probably better able to avoid trouble in the first place; and, if a firing solution becomes the best or only option they're more likely to survive than someone without shooting skills training. For some it has also become a hobby they enjoy.

There's a lot of gray area in this. Those who say "you'll die without training!" and those who say "training is a waste of time and money!" are both off the mark... there's a sweet spot in between for most people in managing the risks of their lives while still living a full and productive life.
    Well said...To each his own...I have no problem with those who's world is wrapped around non stop training.
    It does get old when it is crammed down your throat as a do it or die situation.
    graydude and patkelly4370 like this.

Bolded, couldn't agree more with your assessment. Not just firearms but h2h and defensive edged weapons, unconventional weapons, flexible weapons etc. I prefer to be the boy scout and in "be prepared". Being prepared means training to be prepared.

Underlined, rarely seen on gun boards from my observations.
    graydude likes this.

Bolded, couldn't agree more with your assessment. Not just firearms but h2h and defensive edged weapons, unconventional weapons, flexible weapons etc. I prefer to be the boy scout and in "be prepared". Being prepared means training to be prepared.

Underlined, rarely seen on gun boards from my observations.
    Thanks, as you know we're darn close on these opinions, although in experience, training, and execution you're miles ahead of me and most people.

As for the "you'll die without training!" crowd, I've seen a large number of folks even here on DC express support for training being required to carry. While that's often more from a concern about NDs hurting others, it seems to sprout from the same basic concept of not trusting people to tie their own shoelaces without a shoelace tying training certificate.
    AzQkr and Cornhusker95 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links