Good practice session this evening

This is a discussion on Good practice session this evening within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5 rounds fired for each drill with moment beginning about 3 feet from target and moving to the left and right. First 3 rounds were ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By G-man*

Thread: Good practice session this evening

5 rounds fired for each drill with moment beginning about 3 feet from target and moving to the left and right. First 3 rounds were burst fire as movement away began, and 2 rounds fired as distance increased. Both left and right movement, firing one handed. All movement was done quickly, from 3 feet to about 5-6 yards.

Repeated drill with the weak side hand, but not from the draw. All draw from concealment. Method of fire was flash sight for all drills. Loaded the last 7 in the mag and finished it off with weak hand drills, with movement.

This is is a confidence booster drill, or a heart breaker.

The paper plate is used by me, because of the size compared to the thoracic cavity, which is where I want my rounds to be.

A look at the plate shows that from 27 shots fired, from either hand, either direction and 20 of them from the draw, that the distance separating the furthest two rounds is about 6.5 inches.

Hopefully I can get this on video soon, to demonstrate it in real time.

Here is the target
    Good practice session this evening-ec860417-9c42-49dd-b3b0-72e02c0b6367.jpeg

For reference, here is the shirt Iím wearing now
    Good practice session this evening-7779a49d-9645-447c-b269-6cae435a7783.jpeg

And to add the perspective, here is the target on the thoracic region of my chest over the shirt
    Good practice session this evening-f169f615-c66e-48c7-9519-f91d9571d692.jpeg

Give this drill a try, and give your feedback. Either way, itís a lot of fun, and letís you know where you are at
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Nice shooting! But, you get extra points for both remembering to move and practicing to move.

What were you shooting?
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    What were you shooting?
    A G26
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Sponsored Links