Don't always aim to shoot tiny groups - Page 9

Don't always aim to shoot tiny groups

This is a discussion on Don't always aim to shoot tiny groups within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; graydude Sounds like what you do what might be called Flash Sight Picture shooting style and sweeping the trigger more often than following the reset ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree348Likes

Thread: Don't always aim to shoot tiny groups

graydude Sounds like what you do what might be called Flash Sight Picture shooting style and sweeping the trigger more often than following the reset type of shooting . I had a Vietnam vet attempt to teach me a style of shooting and trigger pull before they had names back in the late '70s when I was stalk hunting hogs after telling him a large sow ran me up a little tree a few feet as it tried to hook me as it ran by . But as distance to the target increases your focus will become tighter and that trigger fingers movement becomes slower and more refined . maybe !
    graydude and Bad Bob like this.

I haven't read this entire thread (waiting for the TV miniseries to come out), but I do feel compelled to say something. This is why I scoff at the folks who say things like, "I feel perfectly safe carrying a .25 caliber mouse gun, because SHOT PLACEMENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CALIBER!"

Sure, shot placement is important, but good luck with that when you're surprised suddenly in a parking lot and the BG is already closing in on you with a tire iron.
    graydude likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post

Sure, shot placement is important, but good luck with that when you're surprised suddenly in a parking lot and the BG is already closing in on you with a tire iron.
    Good luck with that regardless of what you carry. I would argue that availability and speed of presentation is more important than either shot placement or caliber.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    Good luck with that regardless of what you carry. I would argue that availability and speed of presentation is more important than either shot placement or caliber.
    I would argue that if it's a tire you are already lucky - lucky it's not a crow bar.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Sponsored Links