Trainer has ND, shoots self in leg - Page 3

Trainer has ND, shoots self in leg

This is a discussion on Trainer has ND, shoots self in leg within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jd i guess since it was a civilian, it could have been a 1911. ;) sent from my sm-g955u using tapatalk Tex!!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Trainer has ND, shoots self in leg

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jd View Post
    i guess since it was a civilian, it could have been a 1911. ;)

sent from my sm-g955u using tapatalk
    Tex!!

Name:  Tex G.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  4.8 KB
    JD, Rabbit212, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Gotta disagree with those calling the unfortunate trainer "stupid", or that he had no business being a trainer etc.. No one knows the guy, or how competent he is or is not.

These things should NOT happen,, yet they do, and to good competent individuals in ALL walks of life.. guns are dangerous when loaded, although thats not a common theme here.. Mishandling one is the usual cause of an accident.. Either that or inexperience.. However, good, knowledgeable, safety conscious people have accidents with guns on the very rare occasion.. Yes they DO minimize their chances, but even the very diligent and competent can do something wrong for an instant for the first time in his/her life, have attention diverted for a half second, or just plain have a freak 1 in a million happenstance on any given day.
    If you are arrogant enough to say "It can NEVER happen to me", I would say that you are being very naive'.. Bad things happen to good, or smart, or accomplished, or even expert people in all disciplines ... bob
    An interesting article about another instructor having an negligent discharge: https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/...chable-moment/
    ETXhiker, OD* and scottync like this.

I have seen my share of revolver butt too. If your finger is on the trigger.....
    Wavygravy and OD* like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    I wonder if he was the only one in the room "professional enough"...
    ETXhiker, JD, OD* and 3 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Always holster reluctantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JD likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

flh
    The original trainer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trainer has ND, shoots self in leg-img_2311.jpg  

ETXhiker, G-man*, OD* and 5 others like this.

The Greatest Lesson I Have Learned in Life is that I still have a lot to Learn

Class dismissed!

Senior Member Array muzzleblast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=&]https://www.wral.com/n-carolina-sher...self/18777764/

RALEIGH, N.C. – A civilian firearms instructor has been injured in an accidental shooting on the job............ the instructor had shot himself while re-holstering his gun.
    .... .... ....Apparently he was not demonstrating appendix carry.... .... ....
    OD*, Bad Bob and DZUS like this.
    It's been my observation that the first few shots are the most important ones and that we will run out of time before ammunition unless our "problem" is quickly "solved." - Stephen A. Camp

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction..." Ronald Reagan

No matter what he carried (or tried to ) GREAT lesson for us all--"Let's be careful out there ".....
    G-man*, OD*, scottync and 2 others like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    No matter what he carried (or tried to ) GREAT lesson for us all--"Let's be careful out there ".....
    Very true. It’s important to remember to not finger the trigger until the gun is presented on target.
    BCC73 and OD* like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

OD*, gasmitty, Grizzly2 and 1 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Will his students get a refund or a discount?
    In other countries, it costs extra to be able to see that!
    OD* and Bad Bob like this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

also in NC...gun falls out of pocket, goes off and fires a round into a guys foot.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/st...236467068.html
    OD* likes this.

Also here in NC last week,a CCW carrier walked into the Atrium Health-Cabarrus Hospital here in Concord with "a gun in his coat pocket".The gun discharged and the bullet grazed the shoe of another visitor.The carrier was charged with discharging a gun in the city limits and violating concealed carry laws because the hospital has signs stating that except for law enforcement, firearms and other weapons are prohibited .The hospital has metal detectors at the ER entrance and deputies on duty but at the time ,did not have them at the other entrances.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am a striker fired only tools guy. The reason is: if you freeze water inside striker chamber, striker fired will not shoot: no strength of spting will breake ice to move striker. If you freeze water in chammer if firing pin, hammer fired will still fire: impact of hammer will breake ice (you may need second pull, still). See HK torture test, that video made me think and converted me to hammer fired guy.
    Now, this comes from hammer fired guy: stop bashing striker fired in general, and glock in particular (the last I dislike as it points to the sky for me). It is trigger pulled, in other words operatot error that causes these negligent dischargers. Lighter shorter pull just simplifies idiot's actions.
    But choice of tool for me, and I am sceptical about myself, is simplicity and reliability. As far as safety is concerned: judge yourself how dangerous you can be. And how lazy. Millions of drills prevents wrong actions no matter where your bran may be in critica moment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links