LaserLyte Training

LaserLyte Training

This is a discussion on LaserLyte Training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The more I use it, the more I like it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Pick one up and a copy of this book (which I found used, but ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: LaserLyte Training

LaserLyte Training

The more I use it, the more I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pick one up and a copy of this book (which I found used, but absolutely perfect condition for $2) and work along with the old fashioned marksmanship teaching. I only wish I'd had access to this thing when I was shooting in competition. It is unmatched for skills proficiency.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Struckat and G26Raven like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

Is it real or does it feel like an arcade game?? I guess the real question is why do you like it? Does it make you a better pistol shooter?
    OldChap likes this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

It improves your marksmanship skills to an extent that could only be matched by shooting thousands of rounds a week. It doesn't feel like a toy at all. The gun itself feels very close to a Glock 19 - both shape, sights, and weight. It is much easier to focus on fundamentals than actual shooting. Only the recoil is missing.

The trigger is very close to a factory Glock, albeit a bit heavier. That is nice because it forces you to work on your grip. I do slow fire then work on some timed shots. It functions like a shot timer in one of it's modes.

I originally bought it for the family to use, but after sitting down with it for an afternoon session, I would highly recommend it to anyone of any skill level.
    G26Raven and OD* like this.

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    How is the recoil of the toy gun? I prefer to train for real life situations. The price of the gun simulator would pay for much ammo the would be real training not simulated. Hanguns kick, and if your practice gun doe not kick your training is missing a real element in achieving proficiency. I wil be a gun like that when the laser wil take a bad guy down.
    OldChap likes this.
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Theodore Roosevelt

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

I have the book, itís good.

I have layserlyte cartridges in 9 and 40. Goes right in the chamber of your real gun. I highly recommend them.
    OldChap, Pete63, Risasi and 1 others like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    How is the recoil of the toy gun? I prefer to train for real life situations. The price of the gun simulator would pay for much ammo the would be real training not simulated. Hanguns kick, and if your practice gun doe not kick your training is missing a real element in achieving proficiency. I wil be a gun like that when the laser wil take a bad guy down.
    Well I won't argue the point with you, but if you cannot hit your target, recoil won't matter. Real life is first and foremost putting lead on target.

@Struckat You can get the target by itself and use those same laser rounds. About 1/2 the price of the kit. I like the blue pistol because I've never been comfortable teaching kids with real guns before spending lots of hours on the range with them. This one lets me reinforce the fundamentals of marksmanship and safety without any concerns until they're ready to handle a real one.

I bought a laserlyte a few years back then I asked some trainers what they thought about it. Had I known I never would have wasted the money.

The general consensus was that it's a poor trainer because instead of focusing on your front sight and your trigger squeeze you're looking to see where the laser is hitting.

I think there is an attachment that comes with it where you're shooting at a target and you shoot so many shots and then it shows you your hits. IMO that would be a better idea
    OldChap likes this.

No one said this replaces live fire. Itís dry fire practice to work on mechanics of the shot and you can see the results. But your comments rich sarcasm makes it clear you are joking or have missed the point totally.
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I bought a laserlyte a few years back then I asked some trainers what they thought about it. Had I known I never would have wasted the money.

The general consensus was that it's a poor trainer because instead of focusing on your front sight and your trigger squeeze you're looking to see where the laser is hitting.

I think there is an attachment that comes with it where you're shooting at a target and you shoot so many shots and then it shows you your hits. IMO that would be a better idea
    Opinions of trainers, of course they would say that, as if one cannot think for themselves.
    I use my laser cartridges and focus on the front sight. The difference between this and dry fire is I can see where the shot went despite focusing on the front sight. With just dry fire I can say that I think I did good. But with the laser I can immediately see that I pulled the shot.

Old Chap, any pistol that is being used for laser practice is nowhere near live ammo. Plus once you put it in the chamber, a live round canít go in even if you put a loaded mag in the gun. But I do understand your point.
    Teaching new shooters, I go to the air soft gun first.
    OldChap and OD* like this.

I suppose that could be said IF you're just using a laser to shoot at a paper target on the wall. This isn't that at all. I expect "trainers" would be dead-set against ANY kind of training that negates them collecting their fee. (One must always remember that it is a job!)

The target device not only shows your hits, allows you to erase them and fire another string, but it can set up a timed scenario and perform most of the functions of a shot timer for you.

And BTW, don't the "trainers" comments sound much like the comments about using a laser on a handgun for any purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    I use my laser cartridges and focus on the front sight. The difference between this and dry fire is I can see where the shot went despite focusing on the front sight. With just dry fire I can say that I think I did good. But with the laser I can immediately see that I pulled the shot.
    If you can immediately see that you pulled the shot then by definition you're not focusing on the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I suppose that could be said IF you're just using a laser to shoot at a paper target on the wall. This isn't that at all. I expect "trainers" would be dead-set against ANY kind of training that negates them collecting their fee. (One must always remember that it is a job!)

The target device not only shows your hits, allows you to erase them and fire another string, but it can set up a timed scenario and perform most of the functions of a shot timer for you.

And BTW, don't the "trainers" comments sound much like the comments about using a laser on a handgun for any purpose?
    I think I said using the target set up that record your hits was a good idea
    OldChap likes this.

If you can immediately see that you pulled the shot then by definition you're not focusing on the front sight.
    No, I can look at one thing and see other things that are in line with what I am focused on. You can too.
    OldChap, ShooterGranny and OD* like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    No one said this replaces live fire. Itís dry fire practice to work on mechanics of the shot and you can see the results. But your comments rich sarcasm makes it clear you are joking or have missed the point totally.
    gDry fire is a kind of good practice. But from an accuracy on target point of view it fails. If it din not, the military and LE would training with laser tools. It is like driving a car. You can drive on in software programs but it is not driving a car.

I am not trying to get in your face. I do to do that.I am cautioning that no simulation will EVER be a substitute for the real thing. I am old, and I do things the old way.
    Last edited by 1942bull; Today at 12:53 AM.
    Struckat and Risasi like this.
    Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Theodore Roosevelt

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

bvingDry fire is a kind of good practice. But frame accuracy on target point of view it fails. If it din not, th military and LE would training with laser tools. It is like driving a car. You can drive on in software programs but it is not dri a car.

I am not trying to get in your face. I do to do that.I am cautioning that no simulation will EVER be a substitute for the real thing. I am old, and I do things the old way.
    Yes, I get that no simulation can replace live fire. But this is a good way to work on mechanics of shooting, especially for those that canít get to the range as often as others. Sure beats doing nothing between range trips.
    OD* and Risasi like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links