My Wizard Drill video with the G26

My Wizard Drill video with the G26

This is a discussion on My Wizard Drill video with the G26 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From a cold start, and unedited. ( I donít know how to edit, lol) On this particular day, it is what it is. But it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: My Wizard Drill video with the G26

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17,706

    My Wizard Drill video with the G26

    From a cold start, and unedited. ( I donít know how to edit, lol)

    On this particular day, it is what it is.

    But it I just wanted to share my version of it for those of you who may want to incorporate it in your practice sessions.

    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

    ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

  2. #2
    Ex Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,990
    Whose your neighbor.....Foghorn Leghorn...Ö.nice vid, well done.
    G-man*, Old Man, airslot and 1 others like this.

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member
    Array Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere Warm
    Posts
    1,534
    @G-man* thank you for sharing this drill with the members and viewers of DC Forum. Its a good drill. I liked that you kept it real world with the winter clothing, no warm up, etc. For me, if I were to be shooting on camera, it would have added a stress element, too. I expect that you regularly shoot this drill clean when not on camera.
    airslot and G-man* like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17,706
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxHeavy View Post
    Whose your neighbor.....Foghorn Leghorn...Ö.nice vid, well done.
    It is a Leghorn Rooster. Heís pretty territorial and noisy. But he does protect the hens from hawks and feral cats.
    airslot likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

    ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

  6. #5
    Ex Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,990
    Your drill was well directed and probably one Mr. Jack Wilson employed at church that fateful day in Texas......well done.
    G-man* and airslot like this.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    @G-man* thank you for sharing this drill with the members and viewers of DC Forum. Its a good drill. I liked that you kept it real world with the winter clothing, no warm up, etc. For me, if I were to be shooting on camera, it would have added a stress element, too. I expect that you regularly shoot this drill clean when not on camera.
    I have not really shot the drill much, maybe 3 or 4 times in the last couple of months when I first saw it ,and I always fail. :)

    So, I figure keeping it real is the best way to be.
    Old Man, airslot, dp1911 and 2 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

    ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member
    Array Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere Warm
    Posts
    1,534
    Is it always the 2.5 seconds at ten yards? Maybe you could increase the time allowance to 3.5 seconds and then work your way down. Better slow and good than fast and bad.

    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gunfight you need to take your time in a hurry." - Wyatt Earp (supposedly!)
    G-man*, usmc0811 and airslot like this.

  9. #8
    Member Array nj709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    84
    Good job. I think that rooster was just your rooting section!
    airslot and G-man* like this.

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Is it always the 2.5 seconds at ten yards? Maybe you could increase the time allowance to 3.5 seconds and then work your way down. Better slow and good than fast and bad.

    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gunfight you need to take your time in a hurry." - Wyatt Earp (supposedly!)
    I will certainly be working on the 10 yard part.

    I dont want want to say to much and give away what happened with the 1911 before I get a chance to post it, but, I will say for all practical purposes, I feel pretty confident in my shooting ability for on body hits at greater speeds at 10 yards than the 2.5 second this drill allows.

    However, improvement is improvement, so what I appreciate about this drill so much is not only is it simple, itís deceptive to the point that it will clearly show you your weaknesses.

    And hey; if you donít really see your weakness, you donít know what to work on.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

    ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member
    Array Old Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere Warm
    Posts
    1,534
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I will certainly be working on the 10 yard part.

    I dont want want to say to much and give away what happened with the 1911 before I get a chance to post it, but, I will say for all practical purposes, I feel pretty confident in my shooting ability for on body hits at greater speeds at 10 yards than the 2.5 second this drill allows.

    However, improvement is improvement, so what I appreciate about this drill so much is not only is it simple, itís deceptive to the point that it will clearly show you your weaknesses.

    And hey; if you donít really see your weakness, you donít know what to work on.
    Just pimping ya a little bit @G-man* . I'd probably get tangled up in my coat and drop my pistol if I were doing this for video. Looking forward to seeing the 1911 video.
    G-man* and airslot like this.

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array G-man*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    17,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Just pimping ya a little bit @G-man*. I'd probably get tangled up in my coat and drop my pistol if I were doing this for video. Looking forward to seeing the 1911 video.
    If ya noticed at the 10 yard line I did get a little tangled up, lol.

    Old Man and airslot like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

    ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array BCC73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    South of Chiraq...
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks for posting GMan !!! Real guys in real time is always fun to watch. We practice to get better and no matter where we start....there's always room for improvement !! Looking forward to the next one !!!
    airslot, Old Man and G-man* like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

    I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

  14. #13
    Distinguished Member
    Array Wavygravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,522
    Good video and good drill, G-Man. Thank you for posting it here!
    <edit> Pretty dang good draw with all those clothes on.
    Last edited by Wavygravy; January 30th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.
    G-man* and airslot like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,551
    G-man, do you have to use the rooster to practice this drill?
    Wavygravy, G-man* and airslot like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array forester58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    3,593
    Thanks for the real world video. I think we all need to do drills that really test our skill levels. I honestly believe that taking this firearm self defense thing seriously by pushing ourselves is a lot harder than to just keep buying new hardware to satisfy our boredom on the topic.
    This is where the rubber meets the road in my view. I have a new shot timer in my wish list as soon as funds get available. Its time to stop buying guns and gimmicks and get back to knuckling down on usable skills.
    airslot likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •