I introduced my middle son to the Dot Torture target!

This is a discussion on I introduced my middle son to the Dot Torture target! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my middle son and Granddaughter shooting. My son was looking for something interesting to shoot. I gave him a couple of Dot Torture ...

Like Tree25Likes
  • 7 Post By dangerranger
  • 4 Post By Hoganbeg
  • 3 Post By G26Raven
  • 5 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 3 Post By SouthernBoyVA
  • 2 Post By dangerranger
  • 1 Post By rlggray

Thread: I introduced my middle son to the Dot Torture target!

I took my middle son and Granddaughter shooting. My son was looking for something interesting to shoot. I gave him a couple of Dot Torture targets. I promptly got my rear handed to me! He was using his CC gun and I was shooting a service sized gun. He easily doubled my score!
    It was one of those days when you just smile and move on!

It did point out that I need to practice more at quickly acquiring the sights! DR
    G26Raven, JD, G-man* and 4 others like this.

Just do what I do: blame it on needing new eyeglasses!

Having kids can be humbling but you can also be justly proud of him.
    airslot, G-man*, G26Raven and 1 others like this.
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

dangerranger, I absolutely hate shooting the dot torture drill, but I know it's good for me....
    dangerranger, airslot and G-man* like this.
    You are your own first responder.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Some people get PO'd when their kids beat them at something.
    I just feel proud.
    Of course, I take credit for teaching them.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    dangerranger, I absolutely hate shooting the dot torture drill, but I know it's good for me....
    Me, too. Whoever invented the Dot Torture Drill obviously hates puppies, kittens, and little babies. I mean who would treat anyone to that monstrosity? [heh ,heh]

Had to come out with something that was akin to my feelings about that drill. I do my own drills and try my best to improve with them. But I have to admit, the Dot Torture drill is taxing, if nothing else.
    G26Raven, dangerranger and G-man* like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

I can still hold my own on Squirrel sized varmints, and Beat the snot out of him with a 22 shot off hand! And I have a secret weapon! I'm teaching his daughter so she can one day hand him his Butt!
    I am very proud of him! I have 6 boys, all of them shoot well! Two of them are very talented! DR
    G-man* and Arejay like this.

My son and his wife came down from Dallas a few years ago to visit, and one day we went to the outdoor range near my house. He doesn't carry, but he does have an M&P 9mm that he takes to the Frisco Gun Club and shoots a few times a month.

I took my Shield 45 along with my 2.25" sp101 357 magnum that I was carrying that day.

We ran a few different drills and he pretty much smoked me with the striker fired gun. 😮
    I silently blamed it on my presbyopia. Lol.

🤔I decided it was time to pull out the 357 magnum, knowing he doesn't ever shoot revolvers, it was my time for redemption. And just to make sure, I loaded it up with some of my "potent" reloads.😙

Needless to say, he was humbled by the revolver, so I didn't have to leave the range with my tail between my legs, like I did the last time we played a game of one on one basketball. Haha.
    JD likes this.

Sponsored Links