The Official Fixed Blade Knife Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Fixed Blade Knife Thread within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This thread is for discussing Fixed Blades only. If you are looking for a fixed blade for defensive carry, this is the thread for you. ...

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1821Likes

Thread: The Official Fixed Blade Knife Thread

VIP Member

This thread is for discussing Fixed Blades only.

If you are looking for a fixed blade for defensive carry, this is the thread for you.

If you want to look at pictures of fixed blades, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss various aspects of fixed blades, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss how to carry a fixed blade, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss folders, this is not the thread for you. See this thread: https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ml#post3585669

Here is a picture to get us started…

CIBMike, helderberg, OD* and 5 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

VIP Member
    I've been contemplating switching to a fixed blade for daily carry and this knife is being considered for the job.

helderberg and DSRTEAGLE357 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

Lead Moderator
    The Official Fixed Blade Knife Thread-10854498_882956361744843_7452625919683743618_o.jpg

Top one is a Cold Steel Trailmaster.

Bottom on is one of my customs.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    You and your rules!

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    Sweet wood scales, who makes them?

I don't know about you but the ESEE 3 is nearly perfect for an all around knife and I use it for EDC IWB as your about to see in the next couple of posts. Hard to believe it coats the same as the ESEE 4, I guess they know it's a perfect all arounder too!
    Last edited by Wasp; January 16th, 2015 at 11:30 PM.
    1MoreGoodGuy and helderberg like this.

I know I already posted a picture of my ESEE 4 in a Godspeed Tactical "scout Sheath" for horizontal middle of back carry, but I wanted to add it here (because it's awesome) before I posted a couple more ESEE pics.

Here's my pair of ESEE knives, a 3 (neon green/black) and a 4 (black/black) wearing TKC G10 scales. I had a 5 model but it was so freaking big it was ridiculous and there are other knives better suited for the tasks I had intended it for. Oh yeah, I'm a paracord knot tying addict to go along with my gun, knife, and motorcycle obsessions.

I haven't carried the ESEE 4 yet, but I have mentioned in many other threads about how I carry my ESEE 3 for EDC carry so I thought I would demonstrate how. It comes in a good quality kydex sheath with a metal clip, it also comes with a condura back panel which bolts to the kydex sheath. The condura can carry the blade horizontally, but I only use the kydex with clip. Also want to mention that while carrying this knife IWB it usually sits right behind my hip bone at 3:15 and my CCW handgun rides right behind it at 4 o'clock. I know it sounds like a lot of gear, but it stays totally hidden without printing and even while carrying both weapons it is totally comfortable, if your handgun doesn't weigh a whole lot (I carry a M&P Shield 9) it doesn't even drag your pants down as long as you have on a decent belt. With no further ado:

Okay, although I love many knives, ESEE in particular, I recently got interested in Bark Rivers knife line up and I must say that they now carry the biggest part of my heart and I can promise you that I will own many many more! This is a Bravo 1 in 3V steel with Green and Gold Elder Burl scales. I wouldn't recommend it, but you can literally shave the hair off of your face, take my word, I was stupid enough to try it bud lucky enough to still look as pretty as I did before:)

The last of my ever growing fixed blade collection isn't nearly as impressive as my last couple of posts. The top one I really like, it's a Buck skinner blade I got at Wal-Mart for $20, well spent IMO, decent stainless, sharp, easy to sharpen, comes I a cool low pro sheath, not to mention it looks cool. Although I'm paracord crazy I decided to leave this one really simple.
    The Tanto shaped blade below it is a cool little knife I got for, get this, $4 at Harbor Freight, it has awesome tool steel and was made in Russia. To be honest I'm a tad afraid to use it very hard, although the steel is great it isn't fill tang as far as I know and the grip is made out of zytel, so if that thing breaks with that huge sharp blade...well let's just say I like my fingers. Lastly, your probably wondering why I've included a huge tool steel punch in the photo. There are a couple of knife makers that make Shivs (Dawson maybe), and since I can't afford one right now I thought I would try my hand at making one with a grinder, stay tuned for the results of that endeavor.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    I know I already posted a picture of my ESEE 4 in a Godspeed Tactical "scout Sheath" for horizontal middle of back carry, but I wanted to add it here (because it's awesome) before I posted a couple more ESEE pics.

Here's my pair of ESEE knives, a 3 (neon green/black) and a 4 (black/black) wearing TKC G10 scales. I had a 5 model but it was so freaking big it was ridiculous and there are other knives better suited for the tasks I had intended it for. Oh yeah, I'm a paracord knot tying addict to go along with my gun, knife, and motorcycle obsessions.

I haven't carried the ESEE 4 yet, but I have mentioned in many other threads about how I carry my ESEE 3 for EDC carry so I thought I would demonstrate how. It comes in a good quality kydex sheath with a metal clip, it also comes with a condura back panel which bolts to the kydex sheath. The condura can carry the blade horizontally, but I only use the kydex with clip. Also want to mention that while carrying this knife IWB it usually sits right behind my hip bone at 3:15 and my CCW handgun rides right behind it at 4 o'clock. I know it sounds like a lot of gear, but it stays totally hidden without printing and even while carrying both weapons it is totally comfortable, if your handgun doesn't weigh a whole lot (I carry a M&P Shield 9) it doesn't even drag your pants down as long as you have on a decent belt. With no further ado:

I definitely see an ESEE in my future.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

VIP Member
    Part of the collection...

helderberg, msgt/ret, OD* and 6 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

VIP Member

msgt/ret, OD* and Katana1 like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

VIP Member
    Not my knives.

These are Pat Antuzzi knives Instagram

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

VIP Member
    gabbyh75 and thedarkpools like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Moving to a new location

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Sweet wood scales, who makes them?

I don't know about you but the ESEE 3 is nearly perfect for an all around knife and I use it for EDC IWB as your about to see in the next couple of posts. Hard to believe it coats the same as the ESEE 4, I guess they know it's a perfect all arounder too!
    Thanks, I make the scales for my knives I have about a dozen different sets. The top set is Tulip wood and the middle set is Bocote. The bottom set on the modded -5 are made from a scrap that found in the wood bin and don't know what species it is. I also have scales made from Curley maple, Blood wood, Wenge, Bubinga, Walnut, Red heart, Cherry, Paduk, and I think that I have one set made from Purple heart.

For me it's a toss up between the -3 and -4 all though I have more -4's. I EDC an izula as I don't feel the need to carry a larger knife in the city. Out in the woods it is a -3 or -4 for EDC and a -6 for camp chores.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links