The Official Folding Blade Knife Thread - Page 18

The Official Folding Blade Knife Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Folding Blade Knife Thread within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wscottp7 My mini Grip goes with me everyday. Same here I love my mini Grip, never go anywhere without it....

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 406
Like Tree755Likes

Thread: The Official Folding Blade Knife Thread

  1. #256
    Member Array Bluesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    My mini Grip goes with me everyday.


    Same here I love my mini Grip, never go anywhere without it.

  2. #257
    Member Array wscottp7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    148
    I may have a problem



    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

  3. #258
    VIP Member Array luvmy40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    2,609
    Well, that's a good start.

    It's not a real problem until the kids are hungry and barefoot.
    Wasp, CIBMike and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #259
    VIP Member Array Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    I may have a problem

    We understand and support your addiction. Oh wait....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #260
    VIP Member
    Array Rockymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Idaho!
    Posts
    2,153
    [QUOTE=Nakyak;4066554]The picture shows a knife with the clip configured for tip down, right hand carry. If you wanted the same configuration in your left pocket, you would have to swap the clip to the other side making it tip down left hand carry. I guess I was mostly confused by this statement:

    I could do tip up blade forward, but I had my Leek come open in my pocket and got a small cut on the web of my hand, that made me decide to only go one way.

    Correct tip up carry in your right pocket would be tip up right hand carry, or tip up blade facing backwards, in the crease of your pocket, meaning the blade facing the opposite way of the pic.

    It's very possible that I'm not understanding how you cut the webbing on your hand, but if a knife is configured for tip up right hand carry in a right pocket, and the clip of the knife is holding the knife secure to the right edge of the pocket, it's almost impossible for the blade to open because the crease of the pocket is keeping it from opening.[/QUOTE]

    That's how I carry mine......
    1MoreGoodGuy and TeflonDon like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

    “I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

    Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA






  7. #261
    VIP Member Array Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,939
    [QUOTE=Rockymonster;4077920]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    The picture shows a knife with the clip configured for tip down, right hand carry. If you wanted the same configuration in your left pocket, you would have to swap the clip to the other side making it tip down left hand carry. I guess I was mostly confused by this statement:

    I could do tip up blade forward, but I had my Leek come open in my pocket and got a small cut on the web of my hand, that made me decide to only go one way.

    Correct tip up carry in your right pocket would be tip up right hand carry, or tip up blade facing backwards, in the crease of your pocket, meaning the blade facing the opposite way of the pic.

    It's very possible that I'm not understanding how you cut the webbing on your hand, but if a knife is configured for tip up right hand carry in a right pocket, and the clip of the knife is holding the knife secure to the right edge of the pocket, it's almost impossible for the blade to open because the crease of the pocket is keeping it from opening.[/QUOTE]

    That's how I carry mine......
    By the "right edge of the pocket" I'm assuming you guys are talking about the edge of the pocket next to your butt?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  8. #262
    Ex Member Array Nakyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post

    By the "right edge of the pocket" I'm assuming you guys are talking about the edge of the pocket next to your butt?
    Yes. Basically the pic you posted of the delica(?) tip down, you would pull the knife straight up out of your pocket and turn it over so it's now tip up and the pocket clip is still facing away from your body, just like the pic. That's how it would slide into your pocket and be configured for tip up right hand carry, if you moved the clip to accommodate it.

  9. #263
    VIP Member Array MIKECIB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    We understand and support your addiction. Oh wait....

    I just don't think you are twelve step mentor material Wasp.
    Wasp, 1MoreGoodGuy and Bluesboy like this.

  10. #264
    VIP Member Array Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    I just don't think you are twelve step mentor material Wasp.
    That depends on which direction you want to take those twelve steps! And if we're spending your money we may go a whole lot further that twelve.
    1MoreGoodGuy and CIBMike like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  11. #265
    VIP Member Array Wasp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    Yes. Basically the pic you posted of the delica(?) tip down, you would pull the knife straight up out of your pocket and turn it over so it's now tip up and the pocket clip is still facing away from your body, just like the pic. That's how it would slide into your pocket and be configured for tip up right hand carry, if you moved the clip to accommodate it.
    It reads like a "how to assemble a dump truck" manual written in Chinese, but I think we're on the same page now. Lol
    1MoreGoodGuy and Nakyak like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  12. #266
    VIP Member
    Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    10,172
    Quote Originally Posted by wscottp7 View Post
    I may have a problem



    Yes you do have a problem and it's called "not enough knives."

    I see you also suffer from "odd knife syndrome."

    This is quickly remedied by buying one more knife.

    Be careful because this has a tendency to lead to "even knife syndrome."

    Although "even knife syndrome" can be cured by buying one more knife be forewarned that "even knife syndrome" is an addiction which forces a person to purchase knives in even quantities thus maintaining their "even knife syndrome."

    Often, when a person gets addicted to "even knife syndrome" they try to compensate for their lack of "odd knife syndrome" by purchasing one additional sharp item with every even quantity knife purchase to arrive at an odd number of sharp items. This is known as "extra sharp syndrome."

    "Extra sharp syndrome" comes in the forms of Axe-itis, hatchet hoarding, sword sickness, machete mania, and it's cool so I want it.

    "Extra sharp syndrome" often leads us back to "gun gluttony" so be careful.
    Wasp and CIBMike like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Moving to a new location

  13. #267
    Ex Member Array Nakyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    It reads like a "how to assemble a dump truck" manual written in Chinese, but I think we're on the same page now. Lol
    LOL!

    I should have just posted a picture. I guess I should learn how to do that here.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

  14. #268
    Member Array wscottp7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    148
    Those are just a few of them to be honest, and I'm not collecting just like to buy them.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

  15. #269
    VIP Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    15,778
    I want another folder so bad I could cut myself with it already
    I've got one on order that's coming directly from Italy and another that had to be ordered... from Italy.
    I thought I could pacify myself so I ordered a nice practical fixed blade, but I'm not due to receive that one either for a couple weeks. Guess what country that one is from
    I've got to turn my tastes closer to home
    1MoreGoodGuy and Wasp like this.

  16. #270
    VIP Member Array luvmy40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    2,609
    I finally added a Delica to my collection.

    Delica 4 Stainless
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

buck da14

,

edc defensive blade

,

kershaw launch 1 forum

,

kershaw zing 1730ss

,

kershaw zing 1730ss too heavy

,

older springfield micro compacts

,

ozark knives

Click on a term to search for related topics.