Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions - Page 4

Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kind of a utility thing for me. I buy these blades and put on the scales - cocobolo in this instance. 5" o.a. and 2.25" ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions

Kind of a utility thing for me. I buy these blades and put on the scales - cocobolo in this instance. 5" o.a. and 2.25" blade. Pretty good steel for overseas stuff and holds an edge. Fits perfectly in the watch pocket of my jeans.
    Attachment 303224
    Attachment 303226
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them" ......... John Bernard Books, John Wayne in the Shootist

Sometimes the only way to get an intelligent conversation is to talk to yourself..........Me

I've been training/taking classes and using a Yojimbo 2 folder and trainer, so I guess the answer now is some type of fixed blade wharncliff. The Ronin 2 would be the simple answer, but I want a coated blade.

Bastinelli Creations has one that looks pretty slick, I think Fred Perrin was the designer.
    bakes and MMinSC like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0811 View Post
    I love the look of these. Cheap price, are they quality? I guess for that price why wouldn't I get one. Use it and abuse it, if it breaks, gets lost or stolen Im not out much right.
    I like the blade shape. For the past few years, however, these Schrade knives have been made in Communist China. Older USA made ones can be had on ebay at times but they are pricey. Bark River makes a beautiful copy in super steel with many handle choices but they are not cheap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Late to the party...again...but I've been finishing up our disaster / survival equipment tubs, and a friend recommended this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't know they still made such beasts. This might be overkill for EDC, but it sure is what I'd use (along with a good folder) if I only could have two knives.

On the other end of the scale, I really like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Sorry Bradford, Bradford Knives.
    Yes I was looking at these, are they good? Been thinking about getting one.

I've been training/taking classes and using a Yojimbo 2 folder and trainer, so I guess the answer now is some type of fixed blade wharncliff. The Ronin 2 would be the simple answer, but I want a coated blade.

Bastinelli Creations has one that looks pretty slick, I think Fred Perrin was the designer.
    The wharncliffe is my favorite blade pattern. Aside from the self defense applications, it is very useful pattern. I missed the last round of Bradford Guardian 3s with the wharncliffe blade.
    bakes and matthew03 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    The wharncliffe is my favorite blade pattern. Aside from the self defense applications, it is very useful pattern. I missed the last round of Bradford Guardian 3s with the wharncliffe blade.
    I read somewhere there was an issue with the hand placement when choking up and people were getting cut.

I heard that is why they now offer the sheeps foot blade instead. I missed the wharnie too.
    MMinSC likes this.
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Yes I was looking at these, are they good? Been thinking about getting one.
    They seem to be popular and well though of. I have yet to pull the trigger on one.

I read somewhere there was an issue with the hand placement when choking up and people were getting cut.

I heard that is why they now offer the sheeps foot blade instead. I missed the wharnie too.
    Oh, good to know.

There really are not many options for wharnie fixed blades. I guess the Bradford option is out now then. I am looking at:

Bark River Mini Bush Saex:
    https://www.knivesshipfree.com/bark-...ini-bush-seax/

KaBar TDI Hinderer:
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Ka-Bar...e-Knife--21668

And of course the Spyderco Ronin2

The Kabar has the coated blade(not so important to me) and is the least expensive option and has some features that are more fighty than the Bark River offering.

I really cannot think of any others that would fit as a carryable fixed blade(excepting some quite expensive custom options).

If it were easier to conceal, or we lived in a time when open carried fixed blades were the norm, I would just go with the Bark River Hauk:
    https://www.knivesshipfree.com/bark-river-knives-hauk/
    You already know the guns I carry since you made the holsters, so obviously no way I would conceal carry that knife.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    Old Timer, Schrade Sharp Finger
    Of the times I have cut myself skinning and boning meat the Sharpfinger knifes have been involved both times! they have a wicked point! DR
    ugh762x39 likes this.

I love the look of these. Cheap price, are they quality? I guess for that price why wouldn't I get one. Use it and abuse it, if it breaks, gets lost or stolen Im not out much right.
    I have two, Large and small. They are made from good steel, and hold an edge. DR
    usmc0811 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links