Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions - Page 5

Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got in a Giant Mouse Anzo/Vox collaboration fixed blade it. Love it, wicked little thing, very well made....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions

Just got in a Giant Mouse Anzo/Vox collaboration fixed blade it. Love it, wicked little thing, very well made.
    bakes, MMinSC and Pete63 like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Jens Anso's designs are amazing.
    Have a few of his collaborations with other makers.
    matthew03 likes this.

where's the pics. I admire Anso's work as well.
    bakes and matthew03 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    where's the pics. I admire Anso's work as well.
    Ever since we went through the ownership change I can't post pics; probably me not the site. I've started putting media on Appalachian Concealment's FB page again, if you still are on it, jump in and participate.
    I'll get you a pic of it up there, right now.
    Link is in the post.
    Pete63 and MMinSC like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Ever since we went through the ownership change I can't post pics; probably me not the site. I've started putting media on Appalachian Concealment's FB page again, if you still are on it, jump in and participate.
    I'll get you a pic of it up there, right now.
    Link is in the post.
    Aren't you supposed to be working right now?
    matthew03 and MMinSC like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be working right now?
    Last day of AEP, kinda on lunch, kinda just not answering the phone for 10 minutes.

12hr days almost over.
    Pete63 and MMinSC like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

Here's a picture of my Abe and Moe AM2 with my Yellowhawk Custom Kydex sheath. I did not have the knife in hand as the sheath was being made when I posted back at the start of this thread.

Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions-abe-moe.jpg
    Instymp, MMinSC, bakes and 1 others like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    Old Timer, Schrade Sharp Finger
    Bark River Knives makes a great copy of this old knife: superior steel and a variety of handles.
    MMinSC and ugh762x39 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Benchmade SOCP Dagger. Very concealable. I carry it daily. Here it is with my old carry, A "Randall Made".

Attachment 289336

Attachment 289340
    Suggest you go back to your "old carry" and toss the new one. I have a light or "letter opener" model 2 Randall similar to the one in your photo. I purchased mine in 1968 and carried it in Vietnam and Laos from 1968 to 1973 (as an US Army and RVN contractor, not as military member). I have a number of other Randalls and other fine knives but this one is a favorite. Still carry it at times.
    Pete63 and Instymp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Here's a picture of my Abe and Moe AM2 with my Yellowhawk Custom Kydex sheath. I did not have the knife in hand as the sheath was being made when I posted back at the start of this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abe and Moe.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	308160
    I never heard about them before. I just looked at their site and liked what I saw. No nonsense, drop point knives made with tool steel and G 10 handles. My only 'premium' fixed blade knife is an LT Wright, same philosophy as AM. For outdoor/bushcraft/hunting knifes I prefer D2 or D2. They do not retain an edge as long as the super powdered steels, but you can edge back with a simple stropping or repair and edge with a small ceramic hone
    G26Raven likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbyh75 View Post
    Suggest you go back to your "old carry" and toss the new one. I have a light or "letter opener" model 2 Randall similar to the one in your photo. I purchased mine in 1968 and carried it in Vietnam and Laos from 1968 to 1973 (as an US Army and RVN contractor, not as military member). I have a number of other Randalls and other fine knives but this one is a favorite. Still carry it at times.
    If it weren't so valuable, I probably would. When I visited the Randall shop in Orlando some time back, his son told me it was worth "in the range of $600.00". I'm sure even more now, as I've seen similar knives, on sites for sale, at $800.00+. I also own the original knife the Benchmade was copied from (Spartan Knives). My thinking is, IF I use it, it could be held as evidence. I don't want it to sit in a property room for whom knows how long. I carry two other knives daily, also. This knife is "FOR ONE PURPOSE ONLY". I'm NOT some Benchmade "fan boy", but know the "one task" I'd have it perform, could be accomplished. The state has removed all restrictions on what can be carried, & I have been known to carry my M-4 bayonet on occasion. Can carry anything you want here, now. A number of members in my club carry "full on Bowie knives".
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

A few of my co-workers and I have recently picked up Boker Coye Ridgebacks...for the money it's pretty stout...also ordered an aftermarket sheath..the one that comes with it is very thin kydex and has a larger than needed footprint..Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions-bokerridgeback.jpg
    MMinSC and BIGSAM like this.

Oh, how I MISS my fixed blades!!! Warning, all you fixed blade lovers before coming to the State of California you are in serious danger of arrest if you are caught carrying in California. Due your due diligence before stepping onto California soil and it varies from state to city laws and and even State Court Rulings contradict each other so "beware".

I love my Cold Steel Master Tanto San Mai

Name:  download (31).jpg
Views: 36
Size:  7.0 KB

https://www.riderzlaw.com/knife-laws-in-california/
    bakes and MMinSC like this.

How about an Apache Shadow Wolf Knife - Whats New!

Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions-74430304_2614319875301947_4981631493165023232_n.jpg

What I actually carried when I had a CCW was a Cold Steel Master Tanto in San Mai. Today, I would choose a Cold Steel 3V Master Tanto with a black DLC coated blade and a kydex sheath. Super strong, sharp, and black to help not let an assailant see the blade until he has been cut by it with a skull crusher pommel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fixed Blade EDC knife suggestions-cs-13qmbii.jpg  

Attached Images  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links