Anybody carrying a boot knife? - Page 3

Anybody carrying a boot knife?

This is a discussion on Anybody carrying a boot knife? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TSKnight Will try to get pictures tomorrow. My tablet is not cooperating with me tonight. Thank you. No rush....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Anybody carrying a boot knife?

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Will try to get pictures tomorrow. My tablet is not cooperating with me tonight.
    Thank you. No rush.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Will try to post some pics.
    Anybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_125547_1553630106235.jpg

Both sheaths have been dehorned with all the sharp edges rounded off and smoothed.
    Anybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_125554_1553630140367.jpgAnybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_125605_1553630189433.jpg

The Western is better balanced with much more rounded profile. Makes it more comfortable to carry long term.
    The Guardian is handle heavy and tends to slap the side of my leg unless held tight to the boot shaft.

Sorry couldn't get a picture with the knife inside the boot good enough to show how it fits.
    The picture with the boot, it is positioned exactly as it would be if clipped on the inside. The leather strap in this boot is fitted specifically for the Western and doesn't work well with the Guardian. Anybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_125718_1553630216802.jpg
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Just as an example, here are 4 folders that serve duty as SD knives.

At the top is a Spyderco Endura with the molded pocket clip removed. Not my favourite as it has a full serrated edge, but it does see some use at times.
    Anybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_130115_1553631441563.jpg
    The bottom knife is a Cold Steel Voyager with partial seration. Really have come to apreciate it's overall usefulness both for everyday utility and as a potential SD knife.

These two usually are with my duty belt. The Balisong sometimes rides in a pouch on the belt tucked beside the radio.
    Anybody carrying a boot knife?-20190326_130108_1553631468772.jpg
    The Boker was a gift from the Sheriff for 15 years of service with the Reserve unit. It fits perfectly in a pouch for an LCP magazine and is more apt to be carried on duty than the Balisong.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

TSKnight, thank you for taking the time to give a detailed description with photos!
    TSKnight likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

You got a coat to match?
    Anybody carrying a boot knife?-jeff-goldblum-desperado.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	JEff Goldblum Desperado.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	292252

I have always thought boot knives in boots were so cool. Other than the occasional country concert, I rarely wear a boot.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I have always thought boot knives in boots were so cool. Other than the occasional country concert, I rarely wear a boot.
    I'm wearing duty boots, not cowboy boots.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

VIP Member
    Come on down........to where cowboy boots ARE duty boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    Come on down........to where cowboy boots ARE duty boots.
    Actually, I'm kind of surprised that they are not duty boots here, given the number of ranchers we have in the area. I am sure I've seen some of the detectives wearing cowboy boots, but of course, they're not required to wear a uniform.

VIP Member
    We had a FEW guys wearing "duty boots" back in the 70s...most by far wore cowboy boots in my dept. I was no kinda cowboy, but I carried the boot knife and a tool kit in one boot, a backup in the other...and appreciated the larger capacity. I've never worn a boot knife in "work boots" that lace up. Just never thought of it, and I'm already scared of mud puddles, so I reckon I won't add the boot knife to the load.
    G26Raven, TSKnight and msgt/ret like this.

why it is called the boot knife... it is not supposed to put into boots! or are they! enlighten me

When in uniform I always carried a Gerber boot knife in my right boot. It is an awesome, sharp dagger, with a sand paper like handle. I preferred it to a back up gun. It clips to the boot and has a quik disconnect opener to get the knife out fast. I highly recommend it. Now that I am retired, I carry my pistol in a fanny pack, and a folding Gerber quick open knife in my pocket.
    TSKnight and G26Raven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by usher View Post
    why it is called the boot knife... it is not supposed to put into boots! or are they! enlighten me
    Some do carry in the boot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links