Is this knife worth anything?

This is a discussion on Is this knife worth anything? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I donít know much at all if anything about knives. A friend picked this one at a yard sale for $20, the stones look ...

Like Tree36Likes
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 4 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 10 Post By AzQkr
  • 7 Post By graydude
  • 1 Post By Gabill
  • 1 Post By HotBrass45
  • 3 Post By graydude
  • 2 Post By Grizzly2
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 5 Post By AzQkr
  • 1 Post By hogdaddy

Thread: Is this knife worth anything?

Hi,
    I donít know much at all if anything about knives. A friend picked this one at a yard sale for $20, the stones look real but I donít know.

Any help on this? I told him I would try to find out something. Itís obviously hand made.
    Is this knife worth anything?-dcb63e0f-1acc-49b1-8222-f269112656c5.jpeg Is this knife worth anything?-42e1bd5a-26fe-4aff-a286-4779bf102d2f.jpeg Is this knife worth anything?-5ecea6ec-0283-44d1-9478-dddceb279544.jpeg
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

The only thing I see is the knife looks to be newer vintage than the sheath which does look pretty old. Perhaps a local gem stone club could assist with identifying the stones in the handle. The knife itself doesn't look near as old. Nice find and good luck!
    Sister likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

My wild guess is a bring back from the Mid east ..The eagle and stone pattern point that way imop
    graydude, Gabill, MMinSC and 1 others like this.
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    It's worth what was paid for it. Aluminum handle? Found on very low end knives. Teeth on the spine, reminds of the cheap fantasy knives produced in Pakistan after the movie "Rambo" came out.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    My wild guess is a bring back from the Mid east ..The eagle and stone pattern point that way imop
    Same guess here. Looks like a hajji-mart special designed for young Arab men. The old souqs of Doha and other cities carry a bunch of inexpensive blades for a variety of tastes. Falconry is still very active in that region, so handles have a lot of bird themes.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Not a knife expert, I hope its worth over $ 20.
    Sister likes this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I think that the buyer made it worth $20 to him or her, and I he or she can unload it for $20. They can cut their loss.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

Just looks like a normal everyday surgical scalpel.
    lionround likes this.
    It's not waterboarding if you use JP-8

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    It's worth what was paid for it. Aluminum handle? Found on very low end knives. Teeth on the spine, reminds of the cheap fantasy knives produced in Pakistan after the movie "Rambo" came out.
    Incidentally, those teeth on the spine look like knock offs of the AF survival knife, which have small saw like serrations designed to rip through aircraft sheet metal. But since they're not angled out like a true saw blade they're useless on wood, purely cosmetic, and make putting support hand pressure on the spine dangerous without gloves.
    airslot, AzQkr and hogdaddy like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I totally agree.
    They are great garden tools if you can sharpen it. Good for digging worms in a pinch or for any chore you wouldn't want to subject a nice knife to.
    hogdaddy and AzQkr like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Administrator
    Turquoise, red Coral...shell Pearl. All commonly used Native American materials.
    Hand engraving on the cast Aluminum handle/guard. Rotary burr tool cutting and hand wriggle type work done with a graver.
    It could be Native American? Reservation made?

It could date back to possibly the 40s ???? based on the condition of the sheath.

It's interesting. Worth researching.

Casting Aluminum onto the tang of a premanufactured knife blade.

Yes, it could be worth much more than $20.
    Sister likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Turquoise, red Coral...shell Pearl. All commonly used Native American materials.
    Hand engraving on the cast Aluminum handle/guard. Rotary burr tool cutting and hand wriggle type work done with a graver.

It could date back to possibly the 40s ???? based on the condition of the sheath.

Never seen an American Indian knife made with saw teeth. I see a LOT of native american/reservation made out here from Utah, NM and Az. Never seen cast aluminum handle on an american indian knife either, usually bone/antler of some kind.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Never seen an American Indian knife made with saw teeth. I see a LOT of native american/reservation made out here from Utah, NM and Az. Never seen cast aluminum handle on an american indian knife either, usually bone/antler of some kind.
    Yes, Antlers is what I've seen on knifes from (Reel) Indians ; )
    H/D
    AzQkr likes this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Thanks!

I Will let him know, he got a whole bunch of neat antiques- the Scottish Rights Bible is amazing!
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Not a knife expert, I hope its worth over $ 20.
    Same here, great fellow always helping folks
    Trust God.

Think about it.

Sponsored Links