Gov. Cuomo bans possession of "undetectable" knives in NYC - Page 2

Gov. Cuomo bans possession of "undetectable" knives in NYC

This is a discussion on Gov. Cuomo bans possession of "undetectable" knives in NYC within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jmf552 Next they will be banning Glock 7's! Say it ain't so!!! I've almost saved up more than a month's pay to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Gov. Cuomo bans possession of "undetectable" knives in NYC

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Next they will be banning Glock 7's!
    Say it ain't so!!!

I've almost saved up more than a month's pay to get one!!!
    airslot, maxwell97 and matthew03 like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Next they will be banning Glock 7's!
    Not getting my Glock 7!
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

What about the various brands of ceramic knives? Is Gov Coumoctopus going to send police to go through our kitchen draws?
    msgt/ret and OldChap like this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    What about the various brands of ceramic knives? Is Gov Coumoctopus going to send police to go through our kitchen draws?
    Probably will just bust you if you're caught carrying it.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

The definition of an "undetectable knife" in this law is: "any knife or other instrument, which does not utilize materials that are detectable by a metal detector...that is capable of ready use as a stabbing or cutting weapon and was commercially manufactured to be used as a weapon"

What the manufactures will do is stamp on all their products "For training use only...not for use as a weapon." They will change their marketing materials to match.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Gov. Cuomo bans possession of "undetectable" knives in NYC

Since I have family in NYC, I visit at least once each year, oftentimes more than once. My TX carry license isn't recognized, so I always carry a 3" folder in a small sheath on my belt. I just have to remember to put it in the checked bag, since I lost one once trying to get it through carry-on. So, I'm confident it isn't "undetectable."
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    Not getting my Glock 7!
    My Glock 7 is undetectable!

Quote Originally Posted by DavesYourUncle View Post
    My Glock 7 is undetectable!
    I have a friend from Ireland who was a commando in the Irish Rangers and served in the Mideast and was even a POW of an Islamic faction for a short time. He is not a BS'er or a practical joker. I also know his wife and parents.

He claims, and I'm just reporting this, not attesting to it, that the Glock 7 is, or was, real and he was issued one for an assignment. Doesn't seem possible, but there it is.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The definition of an "undetectable knife" in this law is: "any knife or other instrument, which does not utilize materials that are detectable by a metal detector...that is capable of ready use as a stabbing or cutting weapon and was commercially manufactured to be used as a weapon"

What the manufactures will do is stamp on all their products "For training use only...not for use as a weapon." They will change their marketing materials to match.
    If your quotation is accurate a 9" steel fixed blade carried concealed would be fine.
    It depends on what word or words are in the spot with ... .
    M1911A1 likes this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

U.S.A.F. 1966-1971 1821-H O-3

N.R.A. R.S.O.

If they can't find it, you can't have it. So...how will they ever know?
    Risasi and M1911A1 like this.
    Still Clingin'

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    Since I have family in NYC, I visit at least once each year, oftentimes more than once. My TX carry license isn't recognized, so I always carry a 3" folder in a small sheath on my belt. I just have to remember to put it in the checked bag, since I lost one once trying to get it through carry-on. So, I'm confident it isn't "undetectable."
    One time I forgot I had mine with me. A VERY nice TSA lady agent walked me over to a UPS or FEDEX box, got the shipping envelope out & helped me fill it out so it would ship to home. Was surprised & thankful.
    God bless some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisibleflash View Post
    Governor Cuomo has signed S4202, a ban on manufacturing, shipment or possession of "undetectable" knives.

NY Giveth & NY Taketh - New NY Knife Ban Signed by Governor + Gun For Hire Radio
    FWIW, the way I'm reading it, this law covers the entire state, not just NYC.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Yup that knife ban is working great across the pond in merry old London.
    NY governor is a tool, just like his brother "fredo"
    Mario should have had a vasectomy.
    Rock and Glock and M1911A1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    This just happened not too long ago. Ummm, that knife ban ISN'T working....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/monsey-...ty-2019-12-28/
    Rock and Glock and M1911A1 like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    I may be behind the times, but not long ago I was reading on a knife forum that in NYC, any knife that can be opened with a flick of the wrist or a mechanism can get you arrested. As crazy as this sounds, this happened to someone with a Swiss Army Knife that could be opened with the snap of the wrist. Must have been old and loose??? A lobby was trying to change this, but I haven't heard different yet. You are probably toast with about anything we would normally have in our pockets. This all came about by a very loose interpretation of the old gravity knife law. Judges were standing by it too.

When I was a teenager, I bought one of these from a neighbor kid. Dad at the time was NYPD. When he found it in my draw one day, i thought I was in for some more hand to hand practice for him, but instead he gave me that look and threw it in the junk draw. For years I'd watch him use it as a utility knife cutting linoleum or whatever. It started to loosen up pretty bad. When I moved away years after VN, I wish now I'd have brought it with me, but knowing how illegal it was, I figured I'd be better off without it. Illinois just legalized them if you have a permit to carry now. So sad. It was a major brand name like Case or something with Solingen steel with real stag scales, not some 42nd Street store junk.

Name:  download (3).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  5.9 KB
    Texas Red likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links