Knuckle Up Texas

Knuckle Up Texas

This is a discussion on Knuckle Up Texas within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brass knuckles, other self-defense items legal in Texas starting Sept. 1 - Story | KDFW Self-defense items, including brass knuckles and hard plastic kitty keychains, ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By TX expat
  • 6 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By TX expat
  • 1 Post By ButtShot14
  • 1 Post By rlggray

Thread: Knuckle Up Texas

VIP Member

Knuckle Up Texas

Brass knuckles, other self-defense items legal in Texas starting Sept. 1 - Story | KDFW

Self-defense items, including brass knuckles and hard plastic kitty keychains, will be legal for Texans to carry starting September 1.

House Bill 446, which overturns the ban on brass knuckles, self-defense keychains, and clubs, was signed into law by Texas Governor Greg Abbott in May. It passed unanimously in both the House and the Senate.

It removed "knuckles" and "clubs" from a group of weapons banned by a previous law that was passed in 1918.

Previously, it was against the law for anyone to "knowingly possess, manufacture, transport, repair, or sell" brass knuckles or a club.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Yes in deed. But at my age I am not letting a threat get close enough to me to use brass knuckles.
    Now it is also legal to carry a sword, so the Claymore may come down off the wall hanger.
    They would have to be pretty brave or stupid to attack a guy wearing a kilt, cowboy hat and boots with a Claymore strapped to his back and a .45 on his hip.

It has been legal to use and conceal carry (with a carry license) knuckles in FL, but the manufacture and sale of them is not allowed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Yes in deed. But at my age I am not letting a threat get close enough to me to use brass knuckles.
    Now it is also legal to carry a sword, so the Claymore may come down off the wall hanger.
    They would have to be pretty brave or stupid to attack a guy wearing a kilt, cowboy hat and boots with a Claymore strapped to his back and a .45 on his hip.
    Never been a fan of knuckles as far as self defense options go but having an expandable baton as an option now won't be a bad tool to have the shed.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

We really need a pic of that KC. Come on, we gotta see this.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtShot14 View Post
    We really need a pic of that KC. Come on, we gotta see this.
    Someday I will learn how to get photos off my phone and computer.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post

😂 True that !
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sponsored Links