My Shockwave

My Shockwave

This is a discussion on My Shockwave within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As mentioned, I picked up a Shockwave a week or two ago. I've been waiting for the doodads to come in before shooting. After sighting ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: My Shockwave

My Shockwave

As mentioned, I picked up a Shockwave a week or two ago. I've been waiting for the doodads to come in before shooting.
    My Shockwave-1.jpg

After sighting in the laser as best I could at home, the first shot at 8 yds using low base 8 shot. Not a bad group.
    My Shockwave-1st-shot-8yds.jpg

The recoil was pretty darn light. I was holding the gun like they recommend, pushing with the front (thus the strap, but this is an aftermarket strap) and pulling with the rear. It was also rested against my hip. It didn't take me long to go through the box of low base. Especially since I kept moving the laser in the wrong direction, lol

Federal Flite-Control at 10 yds aiming for the 7 (using the laser). The buck was not hitting where the birdshot was, so more adjusting was necessary to get it to do this.
    My Shockwave-10-yds.jpg

Recoil was a little more with the buck and the back of my thumb was getting nicked from the laser switch upon recoil, but again, not as much as I was expecting. Not much different than shooting a full size shotgun from the hip.

15 yds. Hitting pretty good. The wad hit just to the right of the pellets.
    My Shockwave-15-yds.jpg

So all in all I'm pretty happy with it. It's a lot of gun in a small package, but not too much gun. I ran 25 rounds of bird shot through it and 15 of double ought buck. No problemo. I easily could have kept right on shooting.
    And loading was a breeze. Not like one of the YT videos I watched. My shells slid right into the tube.

I did move the laser forward another spot after I got home, so we'll see if it's still on later. Hopefully it will be enough to miss recoiling into the top of my thumb now. I could always take the metal switch off and put the remote switch on it, but I'd just as soon not have any wires on this firearm. Really, I'd like to find a mount that holds the laser in tighter, but there aren't a lot of forearm mounts out there that will work with the Shockwave. And it is pretty handy there. Very easy to flip on and off.

With:
    LaserMax Uni-Green
    AIM rail adapter. (It's supposed to go on the mag tube, but there is no room on the Shockwave. I used some tape as a spacer and it seems very secure on the barrel itself.)
    Hockey tape on the grip

My Shockwave-3.jpg
    My Shockwave-4.jpg
    My Shockwave-2.jpg
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

VIP Member
    I've been able to look beyond these until very recently. The past 8-9 days.....not so much. I'm heading into town in a bit and just "might" stop at a LGS to window shop, thanks to guys like you.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

You won't be disappointed I'm sure. I wasn't on the Shockwave train either for some time, but after an hour on the range I changed my mind. Even in my disabled situation, this gun is easy to tote around and maneuver with. The same can't be said for my AR, AK and quite a few other rifles and shotguns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    You won't be disappointed I'm sure. I wasn't on the Shockwave train either for some time, but after an hour on the range I changed my mind. Even in my disabled situation, this gun is easy to tote around and maneuver with. The same can't be said for my AR, AK and quite a few other rifles and shotguns.
    I'll bet it is real handy from a seated position.

Yes indeed, unlike some of my other long guns, she sits nice and still beside me in the chair if I have to move around. I also don't bang the gun into anything as I'm turning

It amazes me how well that gun handles recoil. Mossberg did a great job with the grip. I enjoy shooting mine. I added a side saddle and a picatinny rail. Still have not decided what to put on the rail.
    PAcanis likes this.

Senior Member Array muzzleblast's Avatar
    I think you need to mount one of these on it:

Sig Sauer ECHO1 THERMAL REFLEX SIGHT, 1-2X | Up To 31% OFF
    PAcanis likes this.
    It's been my observation that the first few shots are the most important ones and that we will run out of time before ammunition unless our "problem" is quickly "solved." - Stephen A. Camp

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction..." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    It amazes me how well that gun handles recoil. Mossberg did a great job with the grip. I enjoy shooting mine. I added a side saddle and a picatinny rail. Still have not decided what to put on the rail.
    I thought a laser was perfect for it. I have no intention of bringing it up and trying to sight down the barrel. And once I got the laser sighted in I found where I thought I was pointing it was off by half a foot at close range. I know they say you can practice with it and get better at pointing it, but nothing a laser can't do and I won't have to worry about diminishing skills. Just a diminishing battery life, lol.

I'm afraid if I install it the gun will no longer be drop safe
    PAcanis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    I think you need to mount one of these on it:

Sig Sauer ECHO1 THERMAL REFLEX SIGHT, 1-2X | Up To 31% OFF
    C'mon now... if you've read my posts you know I won't spend more for the optic than I did the firearm
    I thought about a red dot or reflex type sight, but I just want to grab it and shoot it with my eyes on the target. Lasers work very well for that. Especially if I've got a skunk skittling across the yard.
    OldChap and ShotPlacement like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    I'm afraid if I install it the gun will no longer be drop safe
    It doesn't have to be a SIG...
    Actually I think another company makes those for Sig. Holsun? They are mirror images of their optics.
    Dave909 likes this.

PAc, I like your grip mods, the ribs & hockey-stick tape look effective!

Revidm, Mossberg didn't design the grip. Mossy pistol grips are PAINFUL! SHOCKWAVE designed & produces the grip.

Dave, I'd rather have a good (Surefire, Streamlight) gun-light mounted than an thermal sight. (Unless I was sneakin'-up on a BIG BOAR!)
    PAcanis, Dave909, drift and 1 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I am not sure if I want a laser or a light on the gun. I bought a cheap laser at a gun show but when I got it home I found you had to darn near be a NASA engineer to adjust the thing.
    PAcanis likes this.

That is one mean looking gun! I need to do some gun swapping and get one.

Whoever came up with that grip did a good job IMHOP.
    PAcanis likes this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links