The AR pistol: why it's better to buy one instead of building one... - Page 2

The AR pistol: why it's better to buy one instead of building one...

This is a discussion on The AR pistol: why it's better to buy one instead of building one... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 The only question I have Tangle is why would we expect an officer (especially an anti gun officer) to believe the ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: The AR pistol: why it's better to buy one instead of building one...

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    The only question I have Tangle is why would we expect an officer (especially an anti gun officer) to believe the receipt is authentic? In a situation where you are a suspect, anything you provide will be to one degree or another suspect as well. Unless the officer is able to verify something without your assistance it could all be written off as a elaborate cover for your gun running operation.

Now the odds of encountering an officer like that are very slim, but we know how Murphy doesn't care about odds.
    It is possible that no matter what, the officer is not going to believe anything we show him, but which would cover the most cases, a receipt, plus a picture on the manufacturer's website showing our exact gun and listing it as a pistol, or not having anything?
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    It is possible that no matter what, the officer is not going to believe anything we show him, but which would cover the most cases, a receipt, plus a picture from a manufacturer's website showing our exact gun and listing it as a pistol, or not having anything?
    Most of the cops I have known wouldn't want to know any more about it than where they could get one, how loud is it, and how much will you sell it for.
    sgb and Bad Bob like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Lead Moderator
    Most of the cops I have known wouldn't want to know any more about it than where they could get one, how loud is it, and how much will you sell it for.
    What does that mean in relation to the topic?
    Havok likes this.
    in Gun Free Zones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

What does that mean in relation to the topic?
    That a small number wont believe your paperwork and a good number of them wont even care about it at all.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Lead Moderator
    That a small number wont believe your paperwork and a good number of them wont even care about it at all.
    We can't do anything about the ones that won't believe the paperwork or visual confirmation from a website. For the ones that won't care, we don't have to worry about.

But, for all the rest, the paperwork and manufacturer's website will mean more to them than not having anything.

If you're comfortable that you'll either get a cop that won't believe anything or that won't care at all then you're good to go with anything.

Myself, I like going with the odds, and likely the odds are that cops will be intelligent enough to see that a guy that carries paperwork on his gun and can show corroborating documentation from the manufacturer that his gun is what he claims it to be, is not a lawbreaker. Lawbreakers don't carry paperwork and can't point to corroborating documentation.
    in Gun Free Zones.

Tangle, I say you should just do what makes you feel comfortable. If you think having a factory built AR pistol and the accompanying receipt will be the difference between you being arrested, then there's no harm in going that route if it makes you feel better.
    sgb, Bad Bob and Rotorflyr like this.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TeflonDon View Post
    Tangle, I say you should just do what makes you feel comfortable. If you think having a factory built AR pistol and the accompanying receipt will be the difference between you being arrested, then there's no harm in going that route if it makes you feel better.
    I agree.

What about the other route, i.e. carrying a weapon that could get you arrested depending on the officer's knowledge of firearm laws and gun configurations? Or maybe it wouldn't get you arrested, but just detained while he goes through channels? What do you think about that route?
    in Gun Free Zones.

I agree.

What about the other route, i.e. carrying a weapon that could get you arrested depending on the officer's knowledge of firearm laws and gun configurations? Or maybe it wouldn't get you arrested, but just detained while he goes through channels? What do you think about that route?
    I do not agree that should be a legitimate concern, or that it's something that's currently happening. That's just my personal opinion though.
    Chuck R., sgb, Cuda66 and 1 others like this.

I do not agree that should be a legitimate concern, or that it's something that's currently happening. That's just my personal opinion though.
    Agreed, also it's probably just as easy to carry a copy of the ATF reg with you, IF your that concerned.
    sgb and Bad Bob like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Agreed, also it's probably just as easy to carry a copy of the ATF reg with you, IF your that concerned.
    That may be expecting a lot from a cop to read and make sense out of ATF regulations. It's not something I'd want to count on.

But now, since I've learned TN law allows the carrying of a loaded long gun in a car, this no longer matters for me, I'm legal either way, pistol or long gun.
    in Gun Free Zones.

Looking forward to the post!
    Here's my posting on how I set up the MPX. https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...y-sig-mpx.html
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
    Mike Tyson

Everyone wants to eat, but few are willing to hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Here's my posting on how I set up the MPX. https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...y-sig-mpx.html
    I missed that post. That's pretty sweet and compact. I want one for myself now.
    G26Raven likes this.

I missed that post. That's pretty sweet and compact. I want one for myself now.
    The MPX is a very high quality piece of gear.
    TeflonDon likes this.
    Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    The MPX is a very high quality piece of gear.
    Better be given it's price.

Better be given it's price.
    You're right. The magazines are ridiculous.
    Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links