Brand new rifle , delivered with NO magazine...

This is a discussion on Brand new rifle , delivered with NO magazine... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So disgusted.. I live in NY state, so the Ruger 9 mm carbine I bought from PSA, came with NO mag... I guess the gun ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Brand new rifle , delivered with NO magazine...

So disgusted.. I live in NY state, so the Ruger 9 mm carbine I bought from PSA, came with NO mag... I guess the gun comes from Ruger with a 17 rounder, but In certain states with mag capacity limits, they just pull the mag, and ship without.. I simply DO NOT get this at all.
    I can go into any gun store or big box outfit, and walk out with that same gun with a NY compliant 10 round mag in the box.. Is it really THAT big a problem to take the 17 rounder out, and put a damn 10 rounder in there instead??.. Yes, I saved a few bucks buying online, but now probably $40 of what i saved is going to be used buying a magazine... They told me they don't pull the mags and sell them.. I suppose they take brand new 17 round mags and simply smash them with a hammer... Just venting/ranting..... Gotta go buy a mag before I can fire the first round of brand new gun... aggravating.... bob
    CG11 likes this.

Time to move.
    arte710, MMinSC, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

There is a model that ships with a 10 rounder, but it looks like PSA doesn't stock that SKU.
    Old Man likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I guess if you do not order the blue state version and order the normal version instead, they just pull the mag since they cannot ship with the normal mag in the box. They might not even have the ten rounders around to swap it for you.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Honestly your argument is more with PSA than it is with NY...... although NY ranks pretty high on the anger scale.
    No way that rifle came to PSA without a mag in it ....
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I guess if you do not order the blue state version and order the normal version instead, they just pull the mag since they cannot ship with the normal mag in the box. They might not even have the ten rounders around to swap it for you.
    Understood, but honestly that needs to be explained to the buyer... my FFL called the NY State Police Firearms division, and was told that the guns are identical, just that one ships with a 17 rounder and one with a 10..It just baffles me that a dealer the size of PSA could not 1- Have a 10 round model in stock- 2- Provide good customer service and simply send a 10 round mag separately as a sign of good will... I tried calling them 4 times before the gun was shipped, and it was impossible to get through . Finally the 5th time after a 30 minute wait, I got through, but by then it was too late... I did get a good price on the gun, but with all the aggravation, no ability to talk to someone, they have lost a potential regular customer.. From now on i shop where this type of situation is explained BEFORE I buy, not when the gun arrives at my FFL... After I paid for the gun they sent an email stating the gun would be shipped without a "high capacity" magazine, unless I could provide proof that I was authorized to posses one... Never said it would come with NO mag at all.
    Thats when I tried for days to contact them to no avail for an explanation.. Thats fine, they don't need my business, they have more than they can handle as it is...bob
    BBMike and ShooterGranny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Honestly your argument is more with PSA than it is with NY...... although NY ranks pretty high on the anger scale.
    No way that rifle came to PSA without a mag in it ....
    I am sure that it did. But he ordered the SKU for the normal version not the SKU for the blue state version. Not saying they should not have tossed a 10 rounder n the box, they should have, IMO. Apparently their policy is to simply pull the mag for anything forbidden.

I like PSA and have two of them within 30 minutes from me. The online store and the actual stores are a little different though. Online, the selection is quite limited and they mostly focus on high volume deals for fewer items but at very good prices. Often the best. But, you are mostly getting a Wal-Mart level of service online for those Wal-Mart levels of pricing. That is fine with me but you should be aware of that beforehand. I sometimes have used the online Daily Deals when they were not available at the stores. Sometimes they just do no have those deals in stock at my local store. Still slow sometimes even though they are shipping from the online facility 100 miles away to my local PSA. Fine with me for some of the deals. They do honor the deal if the item is stocked at the local store too.
    Old Man likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

@beebee With all due respect, I wonder when the good people who live in NY state are going to get so fed up with their politicians, who make such laws, and vote them out of office? The state needs a good cleaning from top to bottom.

And in all fairness, NY is not the only one that needs a thorough scrubbing.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My opinion is PSA should have done one of two things before shipping a gun without a magazine
    #1) not ship a non blue state package to a blue state.
    #2) Notify the customer that to make their purchase legal they will be shipping it without a magazine.
    Customers from the growing number of blue localities need to be mindful of their local laws when they order. When they click on an order for a gun that comes with a 17round mag when they are legally limited to 10, they need to do their homework as to how the seller navigates those scenarios.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

That's poor business - they should have supplied a compliant magazine.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    I hear your pain...brother.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

MMinSC actually sums it up best ..... buying online at Wal-Mart prices gets you Wal-Mart level of service.
    Lesson learned there ....
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    @beebee With all due respect, I wonder when the good people who live in NY state are going to get so fed up with their politicians, who make such laws, and vote them out of office? The state needs a good cleaning from top to bottom.

And in all fairness, NY is not the only one that needs a thorough scrubbing.
    sadly, the NY SAFE ACT is wildly popular, and has a 67% approval... The state is dominated by leftists, sadly even here in upstate, far from NYC.. I have been here for 29 years, and it was not always like this up here, but the radicals have taken over, and the populace clamors for more even tighter restrictions.. One new regulation on the way is this..
    Buying of ammunition limited to the capacity of the guns magazine every 120 days.. In other words 10 rounds every 4 months.. They say it has a good chance of passage... bob
    OldChap likes this.

I just clicked on their "deal of the day", paid, and figured they would take care of sending my gun packaged for my state requirements.. I was naive' figured they knew what they were doing, and all would be well.. My mistake, but as stated, I will look elsewhere from now on.. Their prices are very good, but the service was the worst I have ever experienced.. Try to talk to someone, over a 2 week period, and can never get through after hours of waiting?.. Not acceptable.. lesson learned... bob
    OldChap likes this.

I understand your frustration. PSA makes good stuff (AR's and AK's) but their sales force leaves a little to be desired.

When I was shopping for my Sub-2000 I noticed they claimed to have Gen 2 40S&W models in stock - at least by the photos of the product. However, the written specs did not match the Gen 2, but rather were for a Gen 1.

I called and spoke with someone in sales who was just as mixed up as their web page. He didn't know there was such a thing as a Gen 2. Even after I directed him to their own web page, he couldn't see any problem. I asked to speak with the manager, and told him he's lost a sale and wished him a nice day.

In 10 minutes I had discovered a dealer that has the Gen 2 in stock, got them on the phone and determined that they did, indeed know what a Gen 2 40S&W was, and got a really great price.

The lesson is, never assume you're actually ordering what you think you're ordering. Spend a few minutes on the phone and see if they really know shaving cream from shinola.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links