Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308??

This is a discussion on Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308?? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got a local guy selling his Mvp at a very reasonable $350. Anyone with experience with this rifle?? Opinions?? Thanks....

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By Rabbit212
  • 1 Post By BentLink
  • 3 Post By Rabbit212
  • 2 Post By 10thmtn
  • 4 Post By WC145

Thread: Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308??

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

Got a local guy selling his Mvp at a very reasonable $350.
    Anyone with experience with this rifle?? Opinions??
    Thanks.
    Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308??-screenshot_20190519-153110_mewe.jpg
    BIGSAM likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Figure if nothing else it would make a good trade item.
    Bad Bob likes this.

I've fondled a few at the LGS, and really like the concept and the balance. That's a pretty fair price.
    Rabbit212 likes this.
    Still Clingin'

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BentLink View Post
    I've fondled a few at the LGS, and really like the concept and the balance. That's a pretty fair price.
    Yes I agree in real good with the price.

Yes, the Predator model with 18 1/2" heavy barrel. Solid, accurate rifle in my experience. Supposed to be able to use both the AR and M1A style mags. However, mine won't lock the AR types in solidly, so I use the M1A types exclusively in it. For that price, it's a good deal.

Well brought it home yesterday and I talked the guy down to $250 from the original $350 he was asking. Not crazy about the brown stock color so thinking of some rattle can olive drab green. Here are some poorly lit pictures sorry about the messy work bench.
    Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308??-20190613_212212.jpg
    Anyone have the Mossberg MVP 308??-20190613_212226.jpg
    TSKnight, BigJon10125 and Bad Bob like this.

Wow, you stole that rifle!
    Rabbit212 and BIGSAM like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

You got a great buy on that rifle. I bought a .308 MVP Patrol Thunder Ranch model a couple of years ago, I bought it because it came with an 18.5" barrel. It's pretty decent rifle, not the smoothest bolt in the world but it's better with Mag-pul mags than metal M1A mags. It's accurate enough, it'll put 3 shots in an inch at 125yds. The trigger is surprisingly good. For a general use rifle that you can knock around and has the convenience of using M1A mags it's hard to beat. I also have an M1A and a Galil ACE so I didn't have to buy any extra mags for the Mossberg. I'd have jumped at a chance for another one for $250!!

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Now that I see that green patrol I will definitely be painting my Patrol this brown isnt doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Wow, you stole that rifle!
    Lol yeah I kind of did.

Sponsored Links