Primary Arms

Primary Arms

This is a discussion on Primary Arms within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a Primary Arms 1x4 30mm scope on my AR carbine. Well, last month during the LE rifle match it suffered a catastrophic failure. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Primary Arms

Primary Arms

I had a Primary Arms 1x4 30mm scope on my AR carbine. Well, last month during the LE rifle match it suffered a catastrophic failure. When I adjusted the power from 1 to 4 power the reticle rotated with the power knob, the POI shifted as well. I contacted Primary Arms and after a few emails determined that it was off warranty but they would like to look at it anyway. So I sent it in on my dime, got the email this morning that it could not be fixed so they are sending me a new scope.

Gotta love that customer service!
    Pete63, Tstone, BBMike and 32 others like this.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Good customer service is some of the best advertising in the world!
    OD*, BIGSAM, airslot and 5 others like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Yep had a one of their red dots with a 50000 hour battery life that was eating batteries like cookie monster eating.........well cookies. Anyway two or three email was asked to send it it and about a week later I had a new replacement in hand.
    OD*, Struckat, OldChap and 3 others like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I've only talked to them on the phone, my daughter has been in a few times. She says they are super attentive and courteous. I enjoy doing business with good people.
    Pete63, OD*, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

I have several of their products, with most being red dots. So far, I've had no problems and I'm hoping I'll never have to use their customer service. I will say that shipping has always been fast and no problems.
    Bad Bob and OD* like this.

I might have to check them out whenever I get around to buying a better scope for my Mongoose. I'm looking at something in the 4x12 - 4x16 range, but I don't want to spend a bundle because it a range toy for me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Good to know. I live local to them and have thought about buying their optics in the past. Iíve always had good experiences going into their store and buying stuff.
    Pete63 and Bad Bob like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Got my new scope today.
    Hoganbeg, OD*, matthew03 and 8 others like this.

Sponsor
    Its been a while since I got anything from them but they always was number one on customer service and taking care of there customers.

VIP Member
    I have to stay out of there, as besides be close enough to drive over, their "standard cheapest shipping" only takes one day (usually about $4-5), and they are constantly getting me in trouble! (good stuff, cheap, I've just got to have!) Glad they took care of you Bob.
    Bad Bob and OD* like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

A good warranty is great, and top notch customer service is even better, but if your gear goes down when you need to most, that stuff doesnít help.

Those budget PA scopes would be something Iíd put on a plinking range toy, if it were a gun being used for defensive use, or any sort of go-time activities, Iíd prefer to spend a bit more and get something less likely to crap the bed when the chips are down.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    A good warranty is great, and top notch customer service is even better, but if your gear goes down when you need to most, that stuff doesnít help.

Those budget PA scopes would be something Iíd put on a plinking range toy, if it were a gun being used for defensive use, or any sort of go-time activities, Iíd prefer to spend a bit more and get something less likely to crap the bed when the chips are down.
    What would you recommend?
    OD* likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    What would you recommend?
    Any of the go-time products from serious-use companies. If itís just a rifle for competitions, run whatever. Worst case scenario, your score take a hit. If he is a LEO, as Iím guessing he might be based on his post, Iíd go with something sturdier, or more likely just a red dot. I donít see a LEO taking a shot at anyone over 50 yards or so, and would rather have an always on red dot for those situations.

An Aimpoint or Trijicon red dot would be perfect. Maybe something like a PRO or MRO.
    Pete63 and glockman10mm like this.

Any of the go-time products from serious-use companies. If itís just a rifle for competitions, run whatever. Worst case scenario, your score take a hit. If he is a LEO, as Iím guessing he might be based on his post, Iíd go with something sturdier, or more likely just a red dot. I donít see a LEO taking a shot at anyone over 50 yards or so, and would rather have an always on red dot for those situations.

An Aimpoint or Trijicon red dot would be perfect. Maybe something like a PRO or MRO.
    This carbine is a range toy/ coyote hammer.

EDIT:

Yup I have astigmatism. red dots are OUT except for extreme close range.
    Chuck808, OD*, matthew03 and 1 others like this.

Thanks.

I think Bob has an astigmatism, so thatís why he opts for the scope vs RDS.

I have a Strikefire II RDS that I Have had for several years on my Colt M4, and it seems to work well and has been reliable....although it has not seen any rough treatment.

I have considered something else. The Strikefire uses a C2 battery, and the system turns off after 8 hours. I can go from a red to a green dot, but the battery life is not near what the aimpoint is, and I would like something that uses a more common AA battery.

I have also also kicked around the idea of a low powered scope, but donít know what route to go.
    OD* and Bad Bob like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links