AR-15: Pistol? Rifle? - Page 2

AR-15: Pistol? Rifle?

This is a discussion on AR-15: Pistol? Rifle? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WrongRecroom In some states lowers have to be marked for pistol only or permited differently ( I think MI was at one ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: AR-15: Pistol? Rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    In some states lowers have to be marked for pistol only or permited differently ( I think MI was at one point like this were you could put a AR pistol or bullpup on your pistol carry permit or something ) and I know CA is why there is so few legal AR pistols

In terms of the lower the others are right nothing difference in a stripped lower from a pistol to rifle ..It is the upper and how the other stuff makes it something elese .... Ie does it is have a under 16inch barrel does it have a VFG etc
    MI does not list any firearms on the license. It is good for all pistols.
    MI pistol law used to have a gap between it and BATFE definition of a handgun. (That has since been closed) MI measured the firearm in its shortest firing configuration (folding stocks for example). So you could have a "Michigan pistol" that was a rifle, federally. You could carry it loaded in a vehicle under CPL laws.
    OldChap, WrongRecroom and Pete63 like this.
    Psalm 144:1

There laws are different for OAL and pistol AWB verus rifle ... Ie harder esp now to make a legal AR pistol or any thing like that there like AK pistol etc ..Ie it has something to do with how guns are bought and recorded by the state
    That all might be pertinent IF one lived in CA. Thank heaven for small favors.

The OP lives in MO.
    Pete63 likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    That all might be pertinent IF one lived in CA. Thank heaven for small favors.

The OP lives in MO.

I was responsing to the comment on what that had to do with CA ..Why I said that :)
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I was responsing to the comment on what that had to do with CA ..Why I said that :)
    Okay...Sorry I missed that.

I'll still be eternally grateful I don't live in Commifornia!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Okay...Sorry I missed that.

I'll still be eternally grateful I don't live in Commifornia!

Oh and it is getting worst lol ...Esp now with then new Red flag laws and ammo laws ..shudder
    Pete63 and OldChap like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

The Pistol makes a sweet truck gun.
    One more step and it's on!

These are gun laws. I see what you are doing. You are attempting to use logic. When trying to decipher gun laws, you have to stop with the logic thing. They dont make ANY sense. There is no rhyme or reason. The overwhelming majority of them are completely arbitrary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links