Geissle Trigger

Geissle Trigger

This is a discussion on Geissle Trigger within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In my continuing violation of the the rule, if it works don't fix it, I just installed a Geissele trigger on my Daniel Defense M4. ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Gaius
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 4 Post By Chuck R.
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By Gaius
  • 1 Post By Chuck R.
  • 2 Post By Rob99VMI04

Thread: Geissle Trigger

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar

Geissle Trigger

In my continuing violation of the the rule, if it works don't fix it, I just installed a Geissele trigger on my Daniel Defense M4. The difference was amazing. The measured trigger pull with a digital gauge before was 8 to 8.1 pounds. After the new trigger, the weight measured between 3.8 and 4 pounds. If anyone is thinking about this trigger, i would do it in an instant.
    G26Raven and Rock and Glock like this.
    --Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If youíre carrying a gun for self-defense, donít practice like a target shooter. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time not to be nice.

I replaced my mil-spec AR trigger with a LaRue MBT-25 two-stage trigger and was quite pleased with the difference. It's supposed to be about 4 pounds, but I haven't measured it. I don't think I would use it for a defensive firearm, but mine is a range rifle only. It was $89. I've never had the opportunity to try a Geissele.
    Chuck R. likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Which Geissele??

I've got 3 of the SSA-Es and a Larue MBT 2S.

The nod goes to the SSA-Es, buuuuuut at it's price point the MBT is a great trigger. For a defensive gun I like a two stage, as it allows the overall lightness of the trigger, with the added safety of the 1st stage. I've used mine in classes, 3GUN & IDPA (PCC) matches and hunting, yet to have an ND. I can easily transition from precision, to up close hammering tgts with a 2 stage. Earlier this month we had a stage that started at 300y, went to a series of run-gun tgts at 25-50 to a final engagement of small tgts at 80ys, the SSA-E 2-stage really came in handy.

Best place I've found to get the Geissele's is PSA, just exercise some patience and sooner or later they'll have one of their sales and you can pick one up reasonably and often with 10 PMAGs thrown in.
    G26Raven, OldVet, airslot and 1 others like this.
    homo homini lupus est

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I went with an aftermarket Timney Competition trigger in my Armalite AR-10. The original trigger broke crisply, but at around nine pounds. I ordered my Alexander Arms AR-15 in .50 Beowulf with the SSP Geissele trigger. Love both of them.
    Chuck R. likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I installed a Geissle SSA in my M&P 15 MOE and it is great. I am about to install one in another rifle shortly. Got it on sale a couple months back at a substantial discount.
    airslot likes this.
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Distinguished Member Array Gaius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Which Geissele??

I've got 3 of the SSA-Es and a Larue MBT 2S.

The nod goes to the SSA-Es, buuuuuut at it's price point the MBT is a great trigger. For a defensive gun I like a two stage, as it allows the overall lightness of the trigger, with the added safety of the 1st stage. I've used mine in classes, 3GUN & IDPA (PCC) matches and hunting, yet to have an ND. I can easily transition from precision, to up close hammering tgts with a 2 stage. Earlier this month we had a stage that started at 300y, went to a series of run-gun tgts at 25-50 to a final engagement of small tgts at 80ys, the SSA-E 2-stage really came in handy.

Best place I've found to get the Geissele's is PSA, just exercise some patience and sooner or later they'll have one of their sales and you can pick one up reasonably and often with 10 PMAGs thrown in.
    I have the SSA-E. Paid $240.00
    airslot likes this.
    --Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up." --Wyatt Earp

--If youíre carrying a gun for self-defense, donít practice like a target shooter. Practice like a gunfighter.

--Always be nice until it's time not to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I have the SSA-E. Paid $240.00
    It's a great trigger for all around shooting. The price was kinda what I meant by watching the PSA Deals...last one I got from them was $200 and they threw in 10 PMAGs. They have some pretty awesome deals, just have to wait for it.
    airslot likes this.
    homo homini lupus est

I have one in my M&P AR15 Sport and my M&P AR15 22 Sport. Great triggers and I have been very pleased with them.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Senior Moderator
    I like the 2-stage trigger, and put a RRA in my first AR. I heard so much good stuff about Geissele, when PSA had a sale I picked up a G2S and it's even more impressive than the RRA. Not even concerned with the trigger weight so much as the crisp break.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I have a couple of Geissles Triggers in my AR's I like them because they are one of the only aftermarket triggers that use full power springs. The Super Dynamic 3-Gun Trigger is almost like having a gun with a burst option. A f/a M-16 cycles, at .1 of a second the SD3G can easily get a gun going around .12/.13 and if your experienced about .11.

Chuck R. and Tangle like this.

Sponsored Links