Defensive Carry banner

Mossberg 54300 20 gauge 8 shot persuader

694 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck808 
#1 ·
I bought this 20 gauge 8 shot persuader here while back on gun broker for 250. With background check and transfer fee it came out to 265. It was super dirty and banged up when I got it. I cleaned it up real good and it looked like the gun had never been shot. The dirt I assume was dust from riding around in someone's truck.

Anyway I have done the following mods to it thus far.

Elzetta zsm flashlight mount

Energizer 700 lumen flashlight (this is an anodized aluminum light with some heft to it. The best part is you can find them for around 15.00 on amazon. It's an amazing deal.)

NDZ performance cerakote fde safety (metal).

Tac star 12 gauge aluminum side saddle plate. The trigger pin screw that came to this was to long as it was for a 12 gauge but I ground it down flush with my dremel.
I then attached industrial strength velcro to the plate and heated it with my heat gun. It's not going anywhere that's for sure.

Brown coat tactical velcro side saddle.

13" synthetic stock.

Quake industries the claw mossy oak bottomland 2 point sling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice set up.

I used one of those stock sleeves reloads on my 12-gauge (Don't want to start a "gauge" war.) Rem 1100 I converted to HD use, primarily post-hurricane protection. I felt it helped keep the balance more aft without affecting the pointing ability. 20-inch barrel and mag extension tube and it's ready to rock should it be called upon. I may have to look into your light setup.

#6 ·
Nice setup. I have tried the magpul SGA setup and wasn’t a huge fan. Feels great, but the pistol grip is so pronounced that the inside part of my first knuckle on my middle finger would ride up and push the action release inadvertently. That, and mounting a light to the fore end, like my X300, would come back and batter my hand pretty bad under recoil. Target loads were not bad, but buck and slugs were atrocious. Felt like someone was crushing my left thumb with a hammer every time I pulled the trigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.