Mossberg 54300 20 gauge 8 shot persuader

This is a discussion on Mossberg 54300 20 gauge 8 shot persuader within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought this 20 gauge 8 shot persuader here while back on gun broker for 250. With background check and transfer fee it came out ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dsclaiborne
  • 1 Post By dsclaiborne

Thread: Mossberg 54300 20 gauge 8 shot persuader

I bought this 20 gauge 8 shot persuader here while back on gun broker for 250. With background check and transfer fee it came out to 265. It was super dirty and banged up when I got it. I cleaned it up real good and it looked like the gun had never been shot. The dirt I assume was dust from riding around in someone's truck.

Anyway I have done the following mods to it thus far.

Elzetta zsm flashlight mount

Energizer 700 lumen flashlight (this is an anodized aluminum light with some heft to it. The best part is you can find them for around 15.00 on amazon. It's an amazing deal.)

NDZ performance cerakote fde safety (metal).

Tac star 12 gauge aluminum side saddle plate. The trigger pin screw that came to this was to long as it was for a 12 gauge but I ground it down flush with my dremel.
    I then attached industrial strength velcro to the plate and heated it with my heat gun. It's not going anywhere that's for sure.

Brown coat tactical velcro side saddle.

13" synthetic stock.

Quake industries the claw mossy oak bottomland 2 point sling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    OldVet and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Good job!
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Nice set up.

I used one of those stock sleeves reloads on my 12-gauge (Don't want to start a "gauge" war.) Rem 1100 I converted to HD use, primarily post-hurricane protection. I felt it helped keep the balance more aft without affecting the pointing ability. 20-inch barrel and mag extension tube and it's ready to rock should it be called upon. I may have to look into your light setup.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The elzetta is 35.00 but the 700 lumen Energizer was 14.95 with free shipping on amazon.

OldVet likes this.

I missed out on buying a 7 5/8 pump tube for a 20 gauge so I could put a magpul forend on it as that's what I like to run. I may still go with an sga stock.

Sponsored Links