Colt to stop long rifle production for civilians, retail sales. - Page 2

Colt to stop long rifle production for civilians, retail sales.

This is a discussion on Colt to stop long rifle production for civilians, retail sales. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought Colt confirmed it in the TTAG update: UPDATE: TTAG was able to speak directly with Paul Spitale, Senior Vice President of Coltís commercial ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Colt to stop long rifle production for civilians, retail sales.

I thought Colt confirmed it in the TTAG update:

UPDATE: TTAG was able to speak directly with Paul Spitale, Senior Vice President of Coltís commercial business line. He confirmed the above. Colt has halted production of its commercial long guns lines and is focusing its manufacturing and sales on 1911s and revolvers.

He also stressed that Colt has about 110 days of long gun inventory in its distribution network and if market conditions change down the road, they could revisit this decision.
    OD*, Old Man and gatorbait51 like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

This could just be a marketing ploy. The management might be thinking lots of people would run right out to scoop up some Colt rifles while they still can. It could possibly work for the short term. If they restart production later a lot of these same buyers will be so POed they will never buy Colt again.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sad to see, but not surprising at all. We sell very few actual Colt's in my shop.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I asked a friend at a distributor about this today. He said he hasnt heard anything about them stopping sales, but he did say he has heard production is slowing. Didnt sound like it was an official thing though, based on my interpretation.
    OD* and gatorbait51 like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Generally when the political pendulum swings against guns, gun sales explode (particularly for the items that draw the most attention from those who hate guns). Seems like right now is not the best time for a maker of AR rifles to stop making ARs.
    gatorbait51, MMinSC and jcirks like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Generally when the political pendulum swings against guns, gun sales explode (particularly for the items that draw the most attention from those who hate guns). Seems like right now is not the best time for a maker of AR rifles to stop making ARs.
    So Colt is just planning ahead to make certain they miss the next gun buying craze like they did during 2007-2015.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Work and primary residence North Central CT
    I think the legal and political climate is getting to the board members and the risk benefit ratio by the bean counters are saying stay with what we won't be sued over. The law suits against the gun manufacturers in the very blue states are on the rise and any truly domestic company will be under fire figuratively and literally as an indirect tactic to gun control.
    Matthew 25:40 / WWJD
    Favorite caliber- How is that even possible?
    The more I know the less I understand.
    Recovering Redneck / Recovering Catholic / Recovered racist
    Monotheistic Secular Humanist

There is one thing that doesn't adds up when the anti-back gun crowd makes their argument.

I think most mass shooters would choose cheaper guns. Most of them don't seem like the affluent, gun aficionado type either. Same goes for those who go out and rob a gas station. Who would choose to purchase an expensive exotic "assault rile" (like at Knights or HK) to rob a gas station of $60?

I've long wanted a Colt rifle and guess now I will be waiting a bit.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

OK with plenty of others out there , and colt really offers nothing any better anymore.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/co...retail-market/

If so, Colt business strategy seems to be based on going bankrupt, again.
    For about the 12th time in Colt's history.
    OD*, G-man*, CDW4ME and 2 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Maybe this was a slick way for Colt to sell more ARs quick ...
    Staff sales meeting .... How can we increase AR sales in a saturated market?
    Hint that we are going to stop selling them to the public?
    Sales immediately increase.
    sdprof likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links